• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Captain S.S.Kohli

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
I believe there is an omnipresent God who answers our good deeds. Everyday, we should devote some time
to prayers.

That helps me, not just during the near-miss incident at Mumbai airport, but also in other aspects of my life. Everything in my life has been smooth because of Him. But God is there not just to give, you also have to work hard.

I am very religious and spend two hours every day in prayers, usually before my flight. I constantly recite one verse, ‘‘ Hamri karo haath de raksha, puran hoi chit ki ichha’’ (Always protect me, let all my desires be fulfilled.) I also have a special puja room in my house. This is something I always wanted as a child, whenever I could build my own house. In fact, i rejected many houses as they didn’t have a puja room.

I visit the gurdwara every day after my flight lands, be it in Delhi, Bangalore, Bangkok or Singapore. I carry three religious books with me in my flight bag, including the Sukhmani Sahib and the Japuji Sahib, and don’t let anyone tamper with it. God is part of my consciousness every minute and He gives me peace and contentment. Sometimes my colleagues and also ask me to pray on their behalf.

I was born a premature baby, just the size of a palm and was therefore called Mickey, after Mickey Mouse. For my mother, I am a miracle child, despite the complications she had during my birth. She is my inspiration. But everyone in the family says I am a step ahead of them. I try and inculcate the same religiosity in my children, and tell them to devote at least five minutes each day to God. I make sure they do ‘ matha tek’ before going to school.

(As told to Shobha John)

Source : I AM: Captain S S Kohli-Mind over Matter-Spirituality-Lifestyle-The Times of India

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I believe there is an omnipresent God who answers our good deeds. Everyday, we should devote some time
to prayers.

That helps me, not just during the near-miss incident at Mumbai airport, but also in other aspects of my life. Everything in my life has been smooth because of Him. But God is there not just to give, you also have to work hard.

I am very religious and spend two hours every day in prayers, usually before my flight. I constantly recite one verse, ‘‘ Hamri karo haath de raksha, puran hoi chit ki ichha’’ (Always protect me, let all my desires be fulfilled.) I also have a special puja room in my house. This is something I always wanted as a child, whenever I could build my own house. In fact, i rejected many houses as they didn’t have a puja room.

I visit the gurdwara every day after my flight lands, be it in Delhi, Bangalore, Bangkok or Singapore. I carry three religious books with me in my flight bag, including the Sukhmani Sahib and the Japuji Sahib, and don’t let anyone tamper with it. God is part of my consciousness every minute and He gives me peace and contentment. Sometimes my colleagues and [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]friends[/color][/color] also ask me to pray on their behalf.

I was born a premature baby, just the size of a palm and was therefore called Mickey, after Mickey Mouse. For my mother, I am a miracle child, despite the complications she had during my birth. She is my inspiration. But everyone in the family says I am a step ahead of them. I try and inculcate the same religiosity in my children, and tell them to devote at least five minutes each day to God. I make sure they do ‘ matha tek’ before going to school.

(As told to Shobha John)

Source : I AM: Captain S S Kohli-Mind over Matter-Spirituality-Lifestyle-The Times of India

Thanks Kiram ji for posting this experience of capt.S.S.Kohli
No body becomes religious by boasting about having knowledge of religion, no body becomes religious under pressure of “must do it “ What I have noticed in Capt. S.S Kohli ji’s views, a committed mind towards Him. If mind develops longing for Him whatever it does becomes truth unlike other claimed activities in the name of religion. He is concentrated on Him, His priority is Him, and neither the work nor the place will ever be a hindrance to execute his commitment. We need company of such people instead of souls in turbulence. Very inspiring, I would say.:happy:

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
It was indeed very inspiring ji for me too :) i was thinking of re-naming the thread as "A Soul's relation with the Kartaar" :) but i was late ji :p Glad i could share it here ji...

:wah:

Gavinder

SPNer
Feb 17, 2009
I am a housewife. I read your article this morning in Times of India and had tears in my eyes. I could not resist to wake my daughter up immediately and made her to read the article too. I think children of today's generation must learn from your experience what miracle faith and feeling His existence can do. I wanted to talk to you personally and congratulate you and found this blog. If possible please provide your contact no. I would feel grateful if I can get to talk to you for a few minutes.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
It was indeed very inspiring ji for me too :) i was thinking of re-naming the thread as "A Soul's relation with the Kartaar" :) but i was late ji :p Glad i could share it here ji...

Kiram ji
It is wonderful idea, you should do it by posting such kind of personal experience- articles that express strong personal faith and belief in Prabh ji. You wont believe how many times I call Him by saying " Dad, when all this mysterious power of five primal force will leave me? When I can feel you are behind me to push in right direction,( I know HE does many times but I dont feel Him so closely as I want to); so much out there is burning, how could I pass by it intact" No response so far but deep down I feel He will enable me to live Guru Message without acknowledging all the shows that distract us from Him hopefully one day......."
:)

I shall post that Shabad within a couple of days.

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
I am a housewife. I read your article this morning in Times of India and had tears in my eyes. I could not resist to wake my daughter up immediately and made her to read the article too. I think children of today's generation must learn from your experience what miracle faith and feeling His existence can do. I wanted to talk to you personally and congratulate you and found this blog. If possible please provide your contact no. I would feel grateful if I can get to talk to you for a few minutes.

Thank you Gavinder ji for expressing your thoughts so beautifully.. As you put it, each one of us can learn so much from such experiences and "what miracle faith and feeling His existence can do." :)

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Kiram ji
It is wonderful idea, you should do it by posting such kind of personal experience- articles that express strong personal faith and belief in Prabh ji. You wont believe how many times I call Him by saying " Dad, when all this mysterious power of five primal force will leave me? When I can feel you are behind me to push in right direction,( I know HE does many times but I dont feel Him so closely as I want to); so much out there is burning, how could I pass by it intact" No response so far but deep down I feel He will enable me to live Guru Message without acknowledging all the shows that distract us from Him hopefully one day......."
:)

I shall post that Shabad within a couple of days.

That is so beautiful pk70 ji !! am left with no words so this is all i shall do :wah:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: