• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Beadbi At Bow Gurudwara

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Singh ji

Since this was in Punjabi would you kindly provide a synopsis of the video for everyone else? :advocate: Can we be certain that there was a beadbi as opposed to a sectarian interpretation of what happened/did not happen? Please explain.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
dalsingh ji

Obviously I cannot understand the Punjabi narration. But what this looked/sounded like to me was a Dandami/Takal recitation/sermon of some kind. And I was just judging from the pronunciation of the speaker in he video. Also he wore a saffron turban which is not uncommon among Dandami scholars for certain occasions. All guesses on my part.

So was there a beadbi? Was there a beadbi according to the man who was speaking?

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Basically the guy is saying that when he went to the Gurdwara 24 hours after the event he saw the committee sitting outside drinking tea. He also claims that the committee were stopping them collecting the burnt saroops from the building but they were allowed to do so by the Fire Brigade. He is claiming laxity and non-concern by the committee.

He is saying they did not give dure care to saroops. He is a bit firebrand. He is using the word kunjar a bit too much.

He has also just claimed that the Gurdwara has distributed meat in the langar and marijuana. I've heard enough.....

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM