• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News BBC Suspends 'sex Pest' Brit Sikh Star (The Times Of India)

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Re: BBC suspends 'sex pest' Brit Sikh star

Judging from the number of women that pester Hardeep, I find this difficult to believe.

Just go on facebook and take a look.

I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

vegangoth

SPNer
Jul 12, 2009
Suspention seem's really strong. If he's said sorry and she has accepted his apology then surley that should be the end of the matter? (mind you not for him if his wife has anything to do with it) I'm sure a sherlock that this is not the first time someone has had unwanted advances made at the bbc. Even in "Real" life we have all been asked out by people we don't want to go out with. We don't go making complaints about it.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I know Hardip's family very well. They are from my hometown Ferozepore. In fact his Chacha, Charanjit Singh Kohli and I grew up together. His dad and my late brother from the UK were buddies.

Hardip came to visit me in 1987. He hitchhiked all around the US then. He is a very creative guy.Whatever happened, he has apologised and I think there is a tinge of racism as he does a lot more at BBC than just one program from where he was suspended. Lots of people are jealous of him.

Tejwant Singh

vegangoth

SPNer
Jul 12, 2009

I know Hardip's family very well. They are from my hometown Ferozepore. In fact his Chacha, Charanjit Singh Kohli and I grew up together. His dad and my late brother from the UK were buddies.

Hardip came to visit me in 1987. He hitchhiked all around the US then. He is a very creative guy.Whatever happened, he has apologised and I think there is a tinge of racism as he does a lot more at BBC than just one program from where he was suspended. Lots of people are jealous of him.

Tejwant Singh

Racism on behalf of the BBC or from the woman?

I don't think the BBC would be into the racism thing after all they sacked Carol Thatcher from the same show for a gollywog comment.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Suspention seem's really strong. If he's said sorry and she has accepted his apology then surley that should be the end of the matter? (mind you not for him if his wife has anything to do with it) I'm sure a sherlock that this is not the first time someone has had unwanted advances made at the bbc. Even in "Real" life we have all been asked out by people we don't want to go out with. We don't go making complaints about it.

:thumbup: for the post and I think I hear your brogue across the www. :up:

This kind of accusation is a slippery slope for most if not all major corporations. So they become extremely cautious and may err on that side. It is going to be years before society is able to balance both sides of the equation.

In "real" :rolleyes: life I have been squeezed, pinched and even punched on the arm really hard by vp's and past presidents at work. This iwas their way of telling me "you are one of the boys." I actually hate that thought -- but they meant well and were not expressing hostility or inappropriate touching.

Life is a process of discovery and one of the more important discoveries is that as individuals we can choose to take some of the heat out of a situation, and not become over-wrought. As individuals we can do that. But corporations always worry about law suits which are very costly, and insurance companies force them to err on the side of caution. This was all about not being sued. IMHO

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: