Christianity - Asia Bibi Verdict: Pakistan Court Overturns Blasphemy Death Sentence | Sikh Philosophy Network
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Asia Bibi Verdict: Pakistan Court Overturns Blasphemy Death Sentence

Currently reading:
Christianity Asia Bibi Verdict: Pakistan Court Overturns Blasphemy Death Sentence

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
I have believed from the start that this is a case of the two Muslim women hating Asia Bibi and using the charge of blasphemy against her as an easy way to get rid of her. They were nearly succeeded. I expect that the mob may yet lynch her.

Here is an article from the Guardian about the case.

Asia Bibi verdict
Pakistan’s supreme court has struck down the death sentence for blasphemy handed down to Christian woman Asia Bibi, in a long-delayed, landmark decision that has seen the judiciary praised for its bravery in the face of threats of violence and protest from the country’s Islamist groups.

The court, in a three-member bench led by chief justice Saqib Nisar, released the verdict on Wednesday morning in Islamabad, three weeks after...

Simranjit

Writer
SPNer
I'm struck. I never imagined this things could happen in Pakistan. I'm really sad........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts