Christianity Asia Bibi Verdict: Pakistan Court Overturns Blasphemy Death Sentence

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Inderjeet Kaur, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Inderjeet Kaur

Inderjeet Kaur Writer SPNer Supporter

I have believed from the start that this is a case of the two Muslim women hating Asia Bibi and using the charge of blasphemy against her as an easy way to get rid of her. They were nearly succeeded. I expect that the mob may yet lynch her.

Here is an article from the Guardian about the case.

Asia Bibi verdict
    Pakistan’s supreme court has struck down the death sentence for blasphemy handed down to Christian woman Asia Bibi, in a long-delayed, landmark decision that has seen the judiciary praised for its bravery in the face of threats of violence and protest from the country’s Islamist groups.

The court, in a three-member bench led by chief justice Saqib Nisar, released the verdict on Wednesday morning in Islamabad, three weeks after...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...

3. Simranjit

Simranjit Writer SPNer

I'm struck. I never imagined this things could happen in Pakistan. I'm really sad........

4. Inderjeet Kaur

Inderjeet Kaur Writer SPNer Supporter

We can at least rejoice that she was finally acquitted, whatever may happen now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Simranjit

Simranjit Writer SPNer

Yes......

• Like Like x 1