• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ashdoc's Movie Review---Kaabil

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
To be honest I am reluctant to see movies of physically handicapped people , and it was not easy to coax myself to see this movie in which both the hero and the heroine are blind .

Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam play a blind couple , who have got married recently . Hrithik gives background voice to animated movies and has the ability to speak in a range of voices and imitate several people's voices .

But Yami falls prey to the lust of Rohit Roy , brother of a local politician ( played by Ronit Roy ) . Rohit and his sidekick violate Yami's honour , and derail the medical investigation so that no evidence is found of the violation .

The police are not supportive , and one of the police officers ( Girish Kulkarni ) is openly in league with the villains . Ronit Roy is a powerful politician and no one can touch his brother Rohit .

Under these circumstances how to bring Rohit and the other violator ( Rohit's friend played by Sahidur Rehman ) to get just punishment for their heinous crime ? The manner in which Hrithik takes revenge on the villains by using his ability to imitate people's voices and causing fatal misunderstandings among them is interesting to watch .

The first half of the movie is not great with me feeling uncomfortable seeing the struggles of the couple to lead a normal existence inspite of being blind , and then the tragedy . The second half is more gripping with some real violence and revenge saga .

Poor Yami Gautam seems destined to act in roles in which she dies on screen in repeated number of films . But she continues to look good . Hrithik acts decently . Ronit Roy acts well as the lawless politician and speaks in a marathi accent as if he was born with it . Rohit Roy plays his rogue brother confidently and has built his muscles . Akhilendra Mishra is redoubtable as the father of Rohit's friend and shows fire in his eyes . The corrupt police inspector Girish Kulkarni is actually a popular marathi film industry actor and seems to be getting more and more negative roles in Bollywood as he already played a villain in Dangal .

Music is good and some of the songs are hummable . Photography and colours are okay but nothing special . The film is worth watching due to the action scenes in the second half .

Verdict---Three stars out of five .

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Well, I watched this movie over the weekend... pretty unrealistic... unrealistic execution... typically cheap 70s-80s plot... portrayal of weak hapless woman... woefully misogynistic... borderline B Grade movie... didn't expect all this from a Hrithik movie... but he hasn't done anything noticeable since Jodha Akbar... my personal views...

My rating: 1/5

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM