• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Arranged marriage guidance

Aug 23, 2022
Hello guys,

need some help in terms of arranged marriages. I am all for arranged marriages as it means the other person and their family is serious for the long-term however how does one get to know their future spouse before arranged marriage?

I have heard horror stories of arranged marriage... husband and wife only ever talk 5 mins before getting married. I feel arranged marriages should allow for people and families to meet but the future couple should have alone time (atleast few months) pre wedding to know if right fit.

Any tips?

Thanks

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
What is arranged marriage based on. indian system is close nit. people know each other. the middle man proposes for the arranged marriage. it is based on compatibility. biggest thing in arranged marriage is whether the couple can financially survive after marriage. biggest reason for break up is finance and the mother in law of the woman. i wrote book called arrange marriage in india. you have to read it to understand arranged marriage but it costs oney to buy it. so do not blame me for that. good luck

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM