• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Anytime. Anyplace

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Letters - Sikhe.com

First Published on Oct.8.2001 on Sikhe.com

Anytime...Anywhere.....[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mon Oct 08,2001[/font] Since the unjustifiable injustice on September 11, I have been trying to find my connection with Vaheguru. Today, in the morning when I went to the Gurdwara Sahib at home and put $1.00 for matha tek, what I saw on the bill while bowing my head was 'In God We Trust'.

It made me think of the connection with IK ONG KAAR.

I realised that even the dollar bill that we earn through the sweat of our brow (Kirat karni) has manifestation of my Vaheguru. This started a chain reaction of thoughts in my mind. While driving to work I was flipping through the radio stations when I heard the last verse of the American national anthem:-

"The home of the brave and the land of the free."

Here my Vaheguru was manifested again. Isn't this the Land of Sikhi?? Yes, very much so. A Sikh can only dwell in "The home of the brave and the land of the free".

Then, last, but not the least, I was listening to our President's statement on television during the first bombardment of Afghanistan in which he ends with,

"We will not waver, we will not falter, we will not tire, we will not fail, peace and freedom will prevail".
After listening to the President's words I had goose bumps when I remembered the verse of the 10th Guru in which my guru says "Nischey kar apnee jeet karon".

In the midst of all this upheaval I have found the connection with IK ONG KAAR. If we see the world through our Gurus' teachings we will find the connection...anytime... anywhere.....

Tejwant Singh

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Nice thoughts, I see what the points and connection you are mentioning Tejwant ji. However, credibility and actions of lot of top shots, agencies is already having conflicting views, but anyway thats a separate matter.

Jun 1, 2004
ThinkingOne said:
Nice thoughts, I see what the points and connection you are mentioning Tejwant ji. However, credibility and actions of lot of top shots, agencies is already having conflicting views, but anyway thats a separate matter.
Nothing is a sperate matter... Speak out aloud what you want to say...

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
I meant about FBI intelligence reports, USA soldiers abusing prisoners, no solid basis for WMDs (Weapons of Mass Destruction) based on which so many forces are there in Iraq. Though, not supposed to post personal opinions but still most of the times I end up doing it. In this case, I say - USA exhibits multiple standards about things such as terrorism, nuclear weapons, and wants to be a big brother, the runner of Earth or shall I say universe!
Admin, if this post doesnt suit this forum, please edit/delete this. I understand I am here on this site to learn more, instead of airing out my own views. But, I do comment. If I like it - I assert, and If dont then also I say - I dont like it.
Best Regards.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
ThinkingOne ji,

Guru Fateh

I was talking about my personal conflicts at that time. It was only regarding my DISCONNECT with IK ONG KAAR.

Yes, I do agree that we do not practice what we preach and the best example is our president, but that should not prevent us from finding our connection to THE SOURCE.

To the contrary, it makes us more determined to remain on our GURMAT PATH.

Peace & Love

Tejwant

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Certainly Tejwant ji. I did say, I understand what points you were talking about.
I just explained admin about the separate matter about which I was asked to speak aloud.
Coming back to topic, or may be again off-topic, not practicing what is preached, seems to be a common reason for kids moving away from the right path, though born in sikh families. I prefer to be an example first myself, before saying/doing something to kids. This reminds me of Swami Vivekananda who used to experiment his Guru's word too, and not just do blind-faith. A more rational, thinking religion, and I am just happy internally that the more questions I get, those raise more thinking, and keep on my path.

Rightly said about more determined to remain on the gurmat path.

Respectfully.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM