• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Anti-Sikh Riot: Witness Ready To Testify

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
NDTV.com: Anti-Sikh riot: Witness ready to testify

Anti-Sikh riot: Witness ready to testify

Sunetra Choudhary
Friday, January 11, 2008 (New Delhi)
Key witness in the 1984 anti-Sikh riot case, Jasbir Singh forced the CBI to reopen the case against Congress leader Jagdish Tytler for his role in the case.

Now Jasbir is ready to testify against Tytler, saying he heard the leader instigating people to attack Sikhs in the 1984 riots in Delhi.

However, he says he doesn't want to leave his California home. But the CBI insists he come to India.

''I cant afford to go back. There is too much at stake. The CBI first said they couldn't find me, then under media pressure the situation changed. They don't want to question me. I want to testify. If they come here of course I will testify. I have carried on a crusade against this one man, of course I want justice,'' said Jasbir.

The CBI has never been too enthused about Jasbir. In an official statement last month, the agency said, ''On December 3, 2007, the investigating officer contacted Jasbir Singh on telephone in the USA to indicate the date on which he would appear before CBI for his examination. Jasbir Singh, however, was evasive.''

Last month, the court clearly said that it's up to the witness to decide how to join investigations.

But the CBI's insistence on Jasbir coming to India seem a little strange, especially because the CBI has gone out of the country for many investigations before and also conducted a trial by video conferencing.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM