• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Anti-Sikh Riot Victims Burn Rahul Gandhi Effigy (New Kerala)

Sep 20, 2004
Mohali (Punjab), May 9 : A small group of protesters claiming to be victims of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots Saturday evening burnt an effigy of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi near the venue of his election rally here.

More...

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Never let them forget the genocide occurred in a democratic country, this is the way History is used to teach against heinous crimes.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
kulbir ji

I have visited that blog Road To Khalistan in the past and it is a fine example of Sikh advocacy. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Re: Anti-Sikh riot victims burn Rahul Gandhi effigy

Why, thank you, mystic_void and aad0002.

I am the author and sometime co-author of The Road To Khalistan. It started as a place to record the experiences of us three Amritdhari women in 1984 and has grown since then. It is our contribution to the growing litany of the experiences those who survived and a remembrance of those who did not.

We invite those who want to read personal accounts to visit and read. We also invite those who have personal accounts and have been reluctant to record them to write their own accounts. If you don't, your experiences could be lost forever and that would compound the tragedy. I would be happy to post what anyone would like to have read in the blog. If you have such an experience to share, please leave me a private message here.

Chardi kala and guru fateh to all!:ice:
Mai Harinder Kaur

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

Why, thank you, mystic_void and aad0002.

I am the author and sometime co-author of The Road To Khalistan. It started as a place to record the experiences of us three Amritdhari women in 1984 and has grown since then. It is our contribution to the growing litany of the experiences those who survived and a remembrance of those who did not.

We invite those who want to read personal accounts to visit and read. We also invite those who have personal accounts and have been reluctant to record them to write their own accounts. If you don't, your experiences could be lost forever and that would compound the tragedy. I would be happy to post what anyone would like to have read in the blog. If you have such an experience to share, please leave me a private message here.

Chardi kala and guru fateh to all!:ice:
Mai Harinder Kaur

Respected Harjinder Kaur Ji

I applaud you for this effort to continue displaying the truth being shamelessly ignored. And in so called democratic country after 25 years "justice" is still a dream. This shows shamelessness has no limits.
:mad:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
At least there are some of us like Harinder Kaur Ji...who still beleive in keeping the flame burning....so many just want us all to "forget it..its been really long ago..."
How can we forget so easily....NEVER. The Mills fo God grind slowly..but they do grind exceedingly FINE...the time for the victims of this genocide will come..ONE DAY. I await that DAY.
Thank you harinder Kaur Ji....keep at it.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada

Gyani Jarnail Singh,

Your appreciation is appreciated.

I do feel the need to remind those who were not there that it is difficult for us survivors to speak/write about these experiences. Twenty-five years? Yesterday? Two Hundred Fifty years? Sometimes it's easy to lose count.

I said nothing for 20 years. I left my family and the sangat and lived among people who knew nothing of my past, who wouldn't know what questions to ask. I wanted only to escape from it all. I learned that Guru Ji doesn't easily let go of his children.

I got a terrible longing to return which I did. Almost immediately I had a debilitating stroke that, among other things, left my Punjabi memory banks almost totally erased. In fact, I had only one Punjabi word: "Vaheguru." :wah:

This is not the time or place to tell the whole story (much of it is in The Road To Khalistan.) The point is that these things are very painful to talk about. If your mother or aunt or grandmother - or even yourself - hesitates, please be gentle. A broken heart can be mended, but it has still been broken.

To other survivors, if any read this, please force yourself to tell what you went through and are still going through. This is the legacy, the history we give to our children, living and dead. This generation need to understand that being a Sikh means much more than going to gurudwara or not, tying a turban or not, even taking Amrit or not. All these things are - imo - vital to being a Sikh. However, actually being a Sikh goes deep into the soul. It is not merely what I do, it is what I am. How can our children understand this if we don't get past our own pain and teach them. Please indulge me a bit and let me post the lyrics to an old song from the late 1960s.

Please from my generation to yours:
"...And know [we] love you."

And from this wonderful new generation to us:
"...And know [we] love you."

We all need each other.

Teach Your Children
by Graham Nash​

You, who are on the road
Must have a code
That you can live by.
And so, become yourself
Because the past
Is just a goodbye.​

Teach, your children well
Their parents' hell
Did slowly go by
And feed them on your dreams
The one they pick's
The one you'll know by.
Don't you ever ask them why
If they told you, you would cry
So just look at them and sigh
And know they love you.​

And you (Can you hear and)
Of tender years (Do you care and)
Can't know the fears (Can you see we)
That your elders grew by (Must be free to)
And so please help (Teach your children)
Them with your youth (You believe and)
They seek the truth (Make a world that)
Before they can die (We can live in)​

Teach your parents well
Their children’s hell
Will slowly go by
And feed them on your dreams
The one they pick's
The one you’ll know by.​

Don’t you ever ask them why
If they told you, you would cry
So just look at them and sigh
And know they love you.​

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Mai ji,

Guru Fateh.

I admire your bravura and the song sung by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young is Deja Vu, every time one listens to it. It is full of Gurmat values.

Thanks for keeping the torch of 1984 lit so that its flame can give the light to the future generations in order for them to pave the ways where this can never be repeated ever again.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
And I need to know too! I need to own the truth and take inside of me.

The story of 1984 is a continuation of an longer story. We know that there are large tears in the fabric of Sikh history coming from deliberate destruction. And by telling your story Harinder ji, and by calling for others to tell it too, this would be one tear in the fabric that can be sewn up a little bit and kept from pulling apart into something even larger. Telling the truth as many times over as needed keeps righteous anger alive so that it can become a creative force leading to a better future. Suppression and silence only feeds rage and only leads downward to mayhem and chaos.

Thank you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: