• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Amritvela Tips

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!
Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sangat ji, i know we have the other amritvela thread for good reasons to get up at amritvela,but i thought i'd start a thread about tips for getting up at amritvela,sleepy moorkhs like me really and i mean really need the sangats help and advice on getting up.

Heres a few tips i know (dont necsescerily do he he he)
drink loads of water before bed
dont eat too much before bed(oh )
during amritvela have a cold shower

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Before sleeping, think about getting up at a particular time in morning. Then do ardaas to Waheguru to help you out. I get amazed at how the human clock is set and wakes me up at exact time, without any need of alarm. And no, I dont get up at each and every hour to see if this is the right time to get up :)

Loads of water wont help, but eating dinner like a pauper two hours before sleeping will. Write back, if in case you try these tips :)

Regards.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Getting up at Amritvela should be as exciting as going on your first date. If it has become a drag then we are looking to perform mechanical rituals rather than immersing in AMRIT from GURU SHABAD. Tejwant

GushK

SPNer
Oct 5, 2004
London
VaheguruSeekr said:
Getting up at Amritvela should be as exciting as going on your first date. If it has become a drag then we are looking to perform mechanical rituals rather than immersing in AMRIT from GURU SHABAD. Tejwant
yep

I definitly agree, the first time I started getting up at amritvela, I set my alarm clock....then got up 1/2 hour before it was due to go off!

It's been pretty much the same ever since, can't wait till tomorrow morning!

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
there is a study that shows that it takes 21 days to form a habit and then u have to keep reinforcing it..and i feel that waking up at amritvela in itself has so much of incentives..as concentration of mind, so less distractions and so on..that there is no dirth of postive rewards hence positive reinforcement..
wish u all good luck
and have a grt amrit vela
gurufateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: