• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Advice To Yourself?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
navdeep ji

I am really glad that you put this in terms of "advice to yourself." Giving advice to others has always back-fired for me. So though I still do it, give advice, it always makes me somewhat nervous.

My advice to my younger self. Dream bigger dreams. Don't sell yourself short. Don't give up on the possibilities of success. Take a few more risks. You are young, and have time to make mistakes. The divine is there to catch you if you fall. Believe!

Hope that is OK.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I would advise myself to always be prepared, physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually, for whatever might happen. Remember that anything can happen to anyone at any time. And when that "anything" pleasant or unpleasant does occur, remember that it is the Hukam of Vaheguru. There is nothing to worry about.

In my affairs with others, be kind. Sure some people will mistake kindness and gentleness for weakness and take advantage. That's their problem. Looking back on my life, I most regret the times I have been unnecessarily unkind.

And to live according to one of my Dad's favourite lines, "Always look up. Sure you might stumble and fall once in a while, but how else can you see the stars?"

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM