• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Advice to give up on Sikhism or wait?

Amandeep222

SPNer
Apr 28, 2023
so, i'm in year 12, uk. my parents are like sort-of connected with sikhism, but not much. they still eat meat and modify the hair, and while i try not too. my parents forces me to like remove the hairs and eat the meat and i try not to but i most of the time don't win and i feel guilty. i wanted to take amrit, but my parents don't let me and say im too young. i've learnt gurmukhi and the rehat myraada from online and gurughar. every time i take a step towards being a sikh, they pull me back. i feel like i'm losing my faith

what should i do? should i give up or should I wait till i'm more control of my life?

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
sikhi is mental preparation to cleanse your mind and soul. if you want to follow this path you are lucky. do not give up, Guide your mind they way you feel comfortable

Naaz kaur

SPNer
Aug 21, 2023
I can definitely understand how hard it must be, as I have been in the same phase in my life. I suggest you start nitnem or continue doing it if you already are, so that you can be even more prepared and undeterred by the time you finally graduate highschool and hopefully gain the freedom that you deserve! Remember that you are lucky to have even thought of getting amrit at this age (as i was definitely not and I regret all the mistakes i made by letting myself go astray).

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
Does vegetarianism really have anything to do with Sikhi? I thought maharaj ji was quite clear on its irrelevance to spiritual growth and maturity.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Does vegetarianism really have anything to do with Sikhi? I thought maharaj ji was quite clear on its irrelevance to spiritual growth and maturity.
It depends if you see more visible life (for example a Cow) as more valuable as compared to lesser visible life (for example thousands of pests and microorganisms that are killed in a single production cycle of wheat).

That is why guru made it clear, that it doesn't matter what you eat, you'll end up harming life one way or another.
One life of one cow can give you enough beef for 3-4 days,
On the other hand, thousands of pests are killed (pesticides) just to make one day's worth of wheat.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: