• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Action

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
MD85~The-Journey-Lao-Tzu-Posters.jpg

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

aad002 ji,

You just proved Sir Isaac Newton's LOGIC,

"There Is a Reaction to Every Action"

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Action Speak Louder Than Words

Action Speak Louder Than Words
By peace

The story is told of the mother who came home after a long hard day. Her little girl ran out of the house to greet her. “Mommy, Mommy, wait until I tell you what happened today.

After listening to a few sentences, the mother responded by indicating the rest could wait as she needed to get dinner started. During the meal, the phone rang, then other family members’ stories were longer and louder than the little girl’s. Once again, she tried after the kitchen was cleaned and the brother’s homework questions were answered, but then it was time for her to get ready for bed.

The mom came to tuck her little girl in and quickly listened to her prayers. As she bent down to tousle the little one’s curls and to kiss her soft cheek, the child looked up and asked,”Mommy, do you really love me even if you don’t have time to listen to me?

Action speaks louder than words. When you say “I Love You”, do you really mean it? It is so easy to say this three words, but how true do we know that the person who uttered these words know the true meaning of these words. When you say “I Love You” to you child, and yet you did not do anything to show that you love your child, does it justify what you say to your child? When you say “I Love You” to your child, how well do you understand your child? How much do you know about your child? How much time do you spend with your children? Can they feel your love if you just say “I love you?” Love is more than just words can say.

Source: http://www.peacemotivate.com/2007/10/09/action-speak-louder-than-words/

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
what has this got to do with sikhism?i mean if your gona waste your time please think of somthin creative .

Dear Brother Gogs Singh,

Showing love and compassion toward all, especially those weaker than we are is a Sikh value, one of the defining marks of a Khalsa. This has everything to do with Sikhi.

We are also called upon to respect the views of other religions, as well. To do so, it must be necessary to know some of what others believe. You might be surprised at how much the Tao Te Ch'ing agrees with our own beliefs if you read it. Not everything, of course, but enough to get you thinking.

While I am a very strong advocate of honing our "sipahi" skills - mine have saved my life more than once - we must also work very hard on our "sant" skills first. There is a reason we are called sant-sipahi and not sipahi-sant.

Think creatively about it, please.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Gogs Singh

SPNer
Jan 18, 2009
dear mai jee thankyoufor your reply.as a sikh i am first and formost a a member of the khalsa army that guru gobind singh jee created.for me the dastar of a sikh is a statement to everyone that sees you telling them that they are safe because a member of gods army is hear.a sikh is not hear to protct themself there religion there family but as a sikh it is our resposiblty too pertect the entire world! a saint supai or a supai saint has no diffrence at all just words.all religions cultures teach more or less the same thing but its people who change them and thats why its our job to show the true path of god.remember a true sikh carrys a sword for a reason and as a human it is all of our basic rite to be traeted with respect and dignaty.you may be able too forgive and turn the other cheak too people who do bad too you but you must remember these people will carry on too do bad upon others wich will also be on your head.i really hope i am saining this in the humbelist of ways and mean no offence my sister but this is the sikhi ofthe guru meeri and peeri both as important as each other "worser than the person who does the paap is the person who quitly takes it" wha guru jee ka khalsa whaguru jee kee fateh"

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Dear Brother Gogs Singh<

No, of course, I am not offended. We can disagree and discuss, I hope,without anger or offense.

I do disagree with you about the order of the words "Sant-Sipahi" being unimportant. I believe that they are in that order for a very good reason. Without first working on the Sant(piri) aspect of ourselves, our Sipahi (miri) side is very likely, almost certainly, to be under the strong influence of the Bad Five ( greed, anger, lust, ego and attachment). This causes all sorts of mischief. We must first focus on developing some control over these, while also working on the skills necessary to function well in the physical universe.

Everyone who knows me even a little would laugh at your suggestion that I'm one of those turn the other cheekers. I wish you could have seen me fighting our adversaries in the Delhi Pogrom.. I wish you could have seen me cut the throat of the (moderators, will you let me use this word, please?) ******* who killed my son. I have been fighting for 25 years now to see some justice done. I have said I would only ever return to the subcontinent o see one of two things: The lifeless bodies of jasgdish tytler, sajjan kumar and their cronies swinging in the breeze or to see the flag of Khalistan raise over our sacred and free homeland.

Turning the other cheek is immoral, in my opinion, because, as you point out, it causes evil and injustice to flourish. I have been a social activist since the 1960s, doing whatever I can for the causes of justice and freedom in the world for all humanity. (I'm sorry if that dounds grandiose; it is a big job.)

I, too, am blessed to be a member of the Khalsa Army, a position I take most seriously. For what it's worth, I was trained to defend myself from earliest childhood. Having seven older brothers, I had to learn quickly and well!

Now, dear brother, I hope we understand each other a little better.

On a lighter note, it would be very nice if you would choose an avatar. Whether a stock one or a custom one, it would tell us a little about who you are.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa! Vaheguru ji ki fateh!!

Mai

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM