• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Word To The Wise !

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Do not allow some to become a priority in your life,

when you are just an option in their life............

Relationships work best when they are balanced !

- an enlightened soul

Soul-jot jio

Please allow me to add my opinion in this context. All relations have a base; I call it love though the categories of love needs to an elaborated explanation in this context, so I shall skip it. Without love, relationship dies in its own slow death. In society we keep relations for our own harmony and preferences bricked in needs, in here, love is replaced with sympathy,- passion, good will and liking also can be called mutual understanding, and some time extended by responsibility. Your enlightened one has a {censored} for tat smell, no one needs to be priority in relationship dealing because it builds up another grenade destined to be exploded and could bring unlimited emotional shake ups eventually. We are not option either, if it is in some one’s presumption, let it be their own limits of social growth; if we remain aware that simply we are there to exist, feelings get different color. Thanks for the post though!!HIM

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jios,

Believe it or not I spent a day pondering this message -- off and on. It struck a chord with me. Pk70 your reaction is understandable -- {censored} for tat - thinking. Because the sentence says in so many words, accept a balanced connection. It does appear to advise people that they should give and receive in equal measure.

But I don't think that is the message. Gurbani tells us that there is only One friend who gives unconditionally and completely. He is the only One from whom we can expect unquestioned grace and mercy. He forgives upon request -- as long as we are sincere. Gurbani tells us that our family, spouse, friends and associates cannot go with us when we leave, and that some of them cannot even wait for us to go to the cremation pyre. Gurbani is saying that we have our feet and some of us, our brains, stuck in Maya -- which is a place of need and therefore of pain.

People therefore sometimes, and sometimes too often, use one another. This is unfortunately true in family and marriage, and at work or in communities, and even in gurdwaras. That is the pain of karma. In detachment from our passions, emotions, and illusory theories about our relationships, we can step back and consider the words of "the enlightened one" whoever that is. Frustration and anger inevitably result from feelings of imbalance in relationships. I read this as advice to protect ourselves from emotional harm, abuse and exploitation by those whose karmic pain is greater than our own.

And the only way to do this is by being very objective. To use this kind of algorithm:

X has pain that is very great. That is why X is exploiting me or being abusive to me. I must not place all of my hopes and emotions in a relationship with X. What will happen? I will be allowing karma that belongs to X to become part of my burden. If I do this, then I may lose my chance on this earth for liberation. And continue to be separated from the Only One whose love is unconditional. The Only One who is without pain, hatred, or animosity. The Only One who has no karma to inflict on the world.

Does that make sense? Apologies for taking so much time to say this.

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Jios,

And the only way to do this is by being very objective. To use this kind of algorithm:

X has pain that is very great. That is why X is exploiting me or being abusive to me. I must not place all of my hopes and emotions in a relationship with X. What will happen? I will be allowing karma that belongs to X to become part of my burden. If I do this, then I may lose my chance on this earth for liberation. And continue to be separated from the Only One whose love is unconditional. The Only One who is without pain, hatred, or animosity. The Only One who has no karma to inflict on the world.

quote]

Antonia Ji:

EUREKA:Thanks for the response. There are more TAKERS in this world than GIVERS. Consequently total 'GIVERS' suffer emotionally, mentally, spiritually & physically - a state of depression in fact ! Thus the worldly attachments keeps one away from 'the true life purpose' ! The key is to have a BALANCED life in every sense, through gradual 'detachments'.

"A word to the wise" - a short memorable affirmation - was directed to the souls who were 'suffering in silence', and asked for help ! May they always enjoy the Divine Love & Blessings of WAHEREGURU JI !

Harbhajan S. Sangha

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Soul_Jyot ji

Even more can be said. Quiet for now. But whoever the enlightened one was, I am glad that he/she spoke to you. I felt that this enlightened one spoke to you in a flash of some kind - email, reading, telephone call, sudden understanding - and you were there to hear it and to pass it on.:)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

Harbhajan S. Sangha[/quote]
UREKA:Thanks for the response. There are more TAKERS in this world than GIVERS. Consequently total 'GIVERS' suffer emotionally, mentally, spiritually & physically - a state of depression in fact ! Thus the worldly attachments keeps one away from 'the true life purpose' ! The key is to have a BALANCED life in every sense, through gradual 'detachments'.
Soul- jot ji
Sorry to disagree with you, I feel, as long as we stay in this race giving and taking with constant measuring habit, emotionally we shall keep shooting in our own feet of growth and,,” givers suffer” attitude will not bring any positive to life either. Why we claim we are givers? How sure you are as a Sikh that you give to some one? Literally as per Gurbani, we don’t; its an illusion that soul takes to envelope in “ I “ folders. Problem brews right here. As long as the delusions of giving or doing some thing for some one are harbored in the psyche, sufferings are inevitable. Guru ji took this issue numerous times just to free us from this phobia unlike in other faiths May be you didn’t feel right when I responded. My intention was not to criticize” the enlightened one” but to point out how this advice could be enlightened one that makes us so small. Enlightenment shouldn’t smell but should glow. As long as we are talking about “balance” in giving and taking, gradual detachment is absolutely dim.
( quote aad0002)
But I don't think that is the message. Gurbani tells us that there is only One friend who gives unconditionally and completely. He is the only One from whom we can expect unquestioned grace and mercy.

Humbly request you, please reread seriously above quote by aad0002 ji, Actually this is the Guru seed( in Jap Ji) to plant in the soul if ever one dreams about detachment. Sorry couldn’t write fake agreement though I applaud your efforts to share beautiful thoughts with all members and viewers. Thanks.

Apr 11, 2007
If in both lives there is no priority then just let go. There needs to be priority in both worlds. Otherwise both parties should part. Both people in a relationship of any kind should be each others priority. If they are only together due to options then they both should choose the option to let go. Live in truth not by circumstance, Falseness. No one is bound to anthing we all have free wills. Why would you choose a path that didnt make you happy move on change the situation. Sikhism is a classic example about going against all odds to practice what you feel to be right no matter what your situation is live for truth for the present not for a false hope

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Respected pk70 Ji:

Thanks for your comments .

You are fully entitled to your personal views, and disagree with me !
However, I standby what I posted !

I wish you the best in life always with Waheguru Ji blessings !

Harbhajan S. Sangha

Respected Soul-Jyot Jio

Many thanks for kind words and well wishing. Same to you! Just for information, those are not my views, Japji Pauri -3 is the base for my comments, I just shared, thinking Sikhs do care what our Glorious Guru says in context of giving and taking.:)
Sincerely,

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM