• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News 1984 Riot Victim Identifies Accused

Oct 15, 2006
’84 riot victim identifies accused
New Delhi, December 03
A victim of the 1984 anti-Sikh riot Harvinder Kaur, who lost her husband, son and son-in-law in the massacre, has identified five assailants before a city court and said she was an eyewitness to the gory incident.

Standing by her affidavit, which was treated as complaint, before Additional Sessions Judge Rajinder Kumar, Kaur said the charge that her statement was “motivated” was wrong as around 150 rioters had stormed and torched the house in front of her.
Kaur, during her cross examination by accused’s counsel, rubbished the claim that her complaint was false and was lodged at the insistence of others.
“It is wrong to suggest that I am deposing falsely or I was not present at the place of incident of murder of my husband, son and son-in-law,” she said.
Kaur also identified all the five accused who were present inside the courtroom and informed the judge that they were leading the violent mob which killed her husband Niranjan Singh, Head Constable of Delhi Police, 17-year-old son Gurpal Singh and son-in-law Mahender Singh.
Harjinder, Kaur’s daughter who lost her husband in the riots in 1984 after the assassination of the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, however, identified two accused Ram Praksh Tiwari and Har Prasad Bhardwaj.
As per the prosecution, Kaur’s husband Singh, who was then stationed at Shahdara railway station, was lynched and set ablaze by the rioters on November 1, 1984, a day after the assassination of Gandhi. — PTI

...will she get justice???..I want to see how government pays for the loss of lives??...can they even pay for the loss of a life??

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: