• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Zafarnama Zafarnama - The Dilemma Of The Dasam Granth

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This is not an attack on SGGS. I think you are exaggerating a bit and taking it out of context.
The idea is that Dasam Granth inspires
Bir Ras and therefore, makes warriors. SGGS apparently doesn't do that. It inspires spirituality. So Banda Singh Bahadur would not be a warrior, without DG. Sukhmani (calms you down) would not be sufficient in inpiring Bir Ras.

Bhagat ji

This is a myth propagated on many forums dominated by old men who are trying to regain their youth, and young men who need to feel like "warriors" in order to feel manly. It is a pity that the message of Guru Nanak has been boiled down to a dualistic vision of ras versus ras.

I am certain the Gyani ji will be more eloquent that I could ever be on that subject. But I must say, that the moral warrior that was Guru Nanak was infused in each Guru to follow,
finding the tangible fusion of earthly and spiritual courage expressed by each in his turn. And the inner tranquility, that "equipoise" so described in Sukhmani, was exemplified over and over in the life of Guru Gobind Singh, as he witnessed and he saw and heard of the martyrdom of his sons and his mother, only to stand against the Persian emperor with eloquence instead of speaking from the pit of rage. Heroism is ras in action, both kinds of ras. A true hero cannot have one without the other, or explain his state of mind with one and not the other. If anything in Dasam Granth lacks both then it is not written by a Sikh Guru. This is one of the sad things in the way that the life and lessons of Guru Gobind Singh are so badly grasped. As poetry, Zafaranama is completely ras. Ras heard is complete, unbroken, indivisible, and pure. Pooran ras.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Tejwant Singh ji,
Well, what I understand of that argument is that DG arouses Bir ras, some sort of mental state, which SGGS doesn't arouse. SGGS creates a calm or spiritual mental state, the kind you don't want in battle.
Whether SGGS makes you strong from the inside or outside or whatever, is irrelevant to the argument. The argument only takes into consideration the part that DG plays in shaping a warrior (no one is denying that SGGS plays a part but people do deny that DG plays a part).

I hope that clarifies it. I apologize, I assumed the argument was well known. :eek:

EDIT:
-----------
Narayanjot Kaur ji,
I understand what you are saying but I am not sure if you are taking on the argument directly. DG serves to arouse oneself into a "hyperactive/ready-to-fight" state, or at least that's what is said. Can I say that it arouses rage or rage-like physiological responce? On the battlefield, rage will boost up your body.
wikipedia: Anger is an emotion. The physical effects of anger include increased heart rate, blood pressure, and levels of adrenaline and noradrenaline.[1] Some view anger as part of the fight or flight brain response to the perceived threat of harm.[2
Like you mention SGGS does the opposite, I for one, am glad it does. :)

EDIT:
Charitropakhyan might have a similar effect ;): increased heart rate, blood pressure, and levels of adrenaline and noradrenaline.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhagat ji

What am I saying? I am saying that the discussion of "ras for this" and "ras for that" is a bogus issue.

If the "ras" is not pooran then one of our Gurus was not part of it. How could Guru Gobind Singh be the author of anything that is not "pooran."

p/s I do think that a spiritual warrior is "calm in battle."

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Bhagat ji

What am I saying? I am saying that the discussion of "ras for this" and "ras for that" is a bogus issue.

If the "ras" is not pooran then one of our Gurus was not part of it. How could Guru Gobind Singh be the author of anything that is not "pooran."

p/s I do think that a spiritual warrior is "calm in battle."
Ok much thanks for clarifying. Sometimes I get confused when there are too many words in the post. :D I might be dyslexic or something!

Spiritual Warrior as I understand, is Kabir's metaphor for a warrior who is fighting inner battles with the five evils.

Well, Guru Gobind Singh ji could have been the author of it. Maybe he wrote it as a hobby on the side. It may have nothing to do with anything. Or it may have a lot to do with everything.
He could simply be translating old texts to practice his language... (though we don't look at it like that because "Gurus are perfect and don't need practice") or he could be writing for any other mundane reason. Point is, we cannot say its not his writing, based on the quality or pooranness of the writing.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ok much thanks for clarifying. Sometimes I get confused when there are too many words in the post. :D I might be dyslexic or something!

Spiritual Warrior as I understand, is Kabir's metaphor for a warrior who is fighting inner battles with the five evils.

Well, Guru Gobind Singh ji could have been the author of it. Maybe he wrote it as a hobby on the side. It may have nothing to do with anything. Or it may have a lot to do with everything.
He could simply be translating old texts to practice his language... (though we don't look at it like that because "Gurus are perfect and don't need practice") or he could be writing for any other mundane reason. Point is, we cannot say its not his writing, based on the quality or pooranness of the writing.

Bhagat ji

Sorry for writing too much. But I need to be exact. My problem.

Bhagat ji - When did Guru Gobind Singh have time for "writing things on the side?" Particularly when he would be fighting for the survival of the Khalsa, which is when he purportedly would need, according to your theory, to rev up their engines?

Bhagat ji - When a spiritual warrior quiets the 5 evils then he achieves equipoise even in battle for he grasps the idea of "dharam yudh."

Bhagat ji - When there is no evidence that it is his writing, the null hypothesis, i.e., we don't know who wrote the hymns of Dasam Granth, is the only defensible conclusion we can take.

So, and apologies if my comments again are too long, excommunications on the basis of the null hypothesis strike me as a bit primitive.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Bhagat Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

You write:

Tejwant Singh ji,
Well, what I understand of that argument is that DG arouses Bir ras, some sort of mental state, which SGGS doesn't arouse. SGGS creates a calm or spiritual mental state, the kind you don't want in battle.
Well, if you claim the above to be true, then how did Guru Hargobind Sahib ji create an army of Sikh warriors based on Adi Granth's teachings?

Whether SGGS makes you strong from the inside or outside or whatever, is irrelevant to the argument.
No, it is not. Read above.

The argument only takes into consideration the part that DG plays in shaping a warrior
This can be true for all " War cries" from all different cultures who went to war. So there is nothing extraordinary about DG based on the argument or with your agreement with it.

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
1. The Founder Guru nanak ji Sahib faced tyranny of rulers RIGHT ON. No mincing words and no fear - even sent to priosn and perform heavy labour.

2. Guru Angad Ji faced the naked sword of Humayun without the slightest fear and in full calmness sans anger.

3. Guru Arjun Ji the writer of Sukhmani (described as bani not worthy of inspiring bir rass !!) sat on the Hot Plate, was placed in Boiling water, had heated sand poured over his naked body and head in the hootest days of June summer in India which has degree of heat reaching 50-60 degree celcius in the shade...and Never uttered a word of anger/hate/regret/sadness against his tormentors !! supremely Calm.

Baba Banda Singh bahadur....sits calmly while the Zalaad places his toddler son on his lap...RIPS out the HEART of the Baby and puts it to the mouth of Banda Singh....
Then Hot rods are used to pierce Banda Singhs eyes one by one....
Then Heated Zamoors..PINCERS are used to BITE OUT portions of Banda Singh's MUSCLES....all over his body...bit by bit....
NOT A WORD OF ANGER...PAIN...HATRED....sadness...ONLY SUPREME PEACE and CALMNESS on banda's FACE....as his body is torn apart bit by bit..

UNTIL IN COMPLETE FRUSTRATION...the Emperor frakhysyr orders an end to this by ordering the Zalaad to CUT off Banda's Head and be done with... 700 SIKHS DIED in exactly the SAME WAY with Banda Singh Ji in OPEN PUBLIC SPECTACLE out of which ONE was just a small BOY of 7 years of AGE !! Britishers of the East India company were amongst this crowd of spectators.

Just as in Guru Arjun Jis case..in Guru Teg bahadur jis case..and in Banda Singh Jis case..and HUNDREDS of thousands of other SINGHS..the TORTURERS LOST !!!

4 Guru Hargobind Ji had an ARMY and WON ALL FOUR Battles with professional Mughal soldiers/gretaer numbers and more weapons etc than the SIKHS who were NOT professional soldiers but kirtees.

5. Guru Har rai Ji had an armed Force of 2000 Horsemen.

6. Guru GOBIND SINGH JI fought and WON the Battle of BHANGGANNI long before 1699 !!
Again Sikh Kirtees fought against well armed professional soldiers. Among those who fought on Guru Jis side with extraordinary Valour were DERVISHES or religious followers of Pir Budhu Shah. :advocate:

It is a FALSE PREMISE that a BATTLE has to be fought with ANGER....the entire Philosophy of SGGS is SANS ENMITY...sans ANGER...the Soldiers of SGGS are not quite the same as other soldiers we find in other armies..THATS THE DIFFERENCE between the Sikhs fighting on the side of Guru hargobind Ji...and thsoe on the Mughal side....Thats the difference between the Soldiers that DALLAA Offered to Guru Gobind Singh ji...and the TWO SINGHS that came running to be TESTED by Guru Gobind Singh ji's New RIFLE !! Zameen Asmaan da farak...

Bhagat Singh ji..THAT 'Zameen asmaan da farak" is what makes some Singhs "squirm" inwardly when they see your ART...Many of my own students just cannot see Sahibzadah Ajit Singh Ji the way you depict him...simply because the Sahibzadah is NOT that "ordinary soldier" who fights in ANGER..KRODH....he is a SINGH who has way more OF BHAI KHANIYAH JI.....and Baba Deep Singh Ji....than say a Paindeh Khan or some other mughal soldier..or any other soldier fighting...or even an american marine in Vietnam with a sub machine gun firing it at villagers under battle fatigue conditions...
The SIKH connection is becasue he derives his...inner strength form SGGS and this strength stops ANGER/KRODH from spinning out of Control.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Well, yes! Those are excellent refutations, and I am quite familiar with them. We have sidetracked quite a bit. My original response was to the "attack" Jarnail Singh ji was referring to.

Well, if you claim the above to be true...
I don't...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
BTW..the HINDUS had the "bir rass" in Chandi dee vaar for CENTURIES....yet they were conquered by the Marauders from the Islamic West who were so FEW in numbers compared to the MILLIONS of Chandi inspired Bir rass filled Hindus....and the Hindus failed to start even a tiney REVOLT and quietly accepted slavery for a THOUSAND YEARS.
Everyone had to wait for the SUKHMANI of Guru Arjun Ji before the GURU HARGOBIND Ji Raised the First flag of REVOLT. GURU HARGOBIND JI put the BIR RASS DHUNNIS to the VAARS in SGGS...trained the DHADEES to SING those Vaars form SGGS to inspire the Bir rass in His sikhs to fight and win. Guru hargobind Ji certainly disregarded the Chandi Vaar/saga.:happysingh:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Bhagat Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

That's not what you claimed below. If you understand that argument the way you do below then it does not mean nor does it show anywhere in the post that you do not agree with it? I can not see that mentioned anywhere in your post.:)

Tejwant Singh ji,

So, in the future, please make your position clear for the sake of the argument as you have not done in your past posts. The inference above and in your other posts is that you agree with DG giving the " wings" like drinking Red Bull does whereas SGGS does not.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
IF a person declares that...SUKHMANI SAHIB ( and thus the entire SGGS) CANNOT create a Baba Banda Singh bahadur..Baba Deep Singh Ji..etc etc..THAT is a DIRECT ATTACK on the SGGS as far as its "COMPLETE GURU"...Sarab Kala Samraath...aspects are Concerned.
No one can claim its NOT an "attack".

The facts of the matter are that the SGGS is a Complete Guru sarab kala smaraath and fully capable and able to create Baba Banda Singh bahdur ji and all warriors shaheeds etc. History proves this beyond a reasonable doubt.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Bhagat Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

That's not what you claimed below. If you understand that argument the way you do below then it does not mean nor does it show anywhere in the post that you do not agree with it? I can not see that mentioned anywhere in your post.:)

So, in the future, please make your position clear for the sake of the argument as you have not done in your past posts. The inference above and in your other posts is that you agree with DG giving the " wings" like drinking Red Bull does whereas SGGS does not.

Regards

Tejwant Singh
Well thanks for the adice. I never claimed it to be true, I merely said that's the logic behind that statement, and because it has logic behind it, its not really an attack.

But if you ask me personally, I have no problem with that statement that DG gives you "wings" and SGGS doesn't. DG has accounts of battle in it, described in immense detail, that's quite a candidate for things that give "wings".
SGGS does not give you those "wings", and this becomes quite clear on threads like Dancing and Sikhism. e.g. Kirtan calms you down, whereas dancing is the opposite.

DG is probably more akin to Dhadhi than it is to kirtan. If Guru hargobind Sahib had Dhadhis around. I would like to know what they were singing about. If they were singing vaars from SGGS which ones?? Anyways, both if sung/read properly give the listeners/readers wings, perhapss DG complements the Dhadhis.

But whether or not it gives you any "wings" doesn't have to mean its written by Guru Gobind Singh ji. I would agree with most of the problems/counterarguments you guys brought up, and have presented them to that cartoon "Singh" many times, myself.

OK those are my thoughts summed up. Reply freely.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Bhagt Ji,
There are 22 Vaars in SGGS. ALL VAARS are sung in dhadee style.
Some have dhunnis based on the Traditional FOLK BALLADS fo the time..Tundeh asrajeh ki dhunni..ballad of one armed rajah !! which apparently was a folk tradition of that time and on everyones lips...so Asa dee vaar is to be sung laong that ballad dhunee.
Dhadee Tradition isnpires Bir rass. SGGS has ALL the NINE known Rass.
1. Bir rass..Je to prem kehlan ka chao..sir dhar tali gali meri ao...Bring your ehad on your palm..Guur Gobind Singh demanded that of the FIVE in 1699 in Public.......
aslo Gagn dama bajio....pario naishanio ghao.... etc etc SGGS is SARAB KALA SAMRAATH !!! Complete NINE rass...while the DG is short of a few !!!

The ONLY reason i cna coem up with for the 52 Kavis translating vast amounts of Hindu literature...is Guru gobind Singh Jis MISSION to POPULARISE GURMUKHI SCRIPT in which the SGGS was written. The entire dg is written in GURMUKHI SCRIPT..eve though its langauge is brijbhahsa and sanskrit etc. Before this the SIKHS had ONLY the SGGS in Gurmukhi Script....the 52 kavis may have been employed to popularise GURMUKHI SCRIPT. I note that Bhai Nand Lala goya continued to write in F{censored}E..all his writings are in f{censored}e and not in GURMUKHI SCRIPT. Zafarnamah is in F{censored}E simply becasue AURENGZEB is the receipeint..and a Letter to the Emperor has to be in His COURT Language !!!
some thoughts....

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Well Jarnail Singh ji it would be great if you could present all the vaars, so we can look at them.

It seems like you have provided two.
http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਉ
ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ
जउ तउ प्रेम खेलण का चाउ ॥
Ja▫o ṯa▫o parem kẖelaṇ kā cẖā▫o.
If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ
सिरु धरि तली गली मेरी आउ ॥
Sir ḏẖar ṯalī galī merī ā▫o.
then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੈਰੁ ਧਰੀਜੈ
इतु मारगि पैरु धरीजै ॥
Iṯ mārag pair ḏẖarījai.
When you place your feet on this Path,

ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੨੦॥
सिरु दीजै काणि न कीजै ॥२०॥
Sir ḏījai kāṇ na kījai. ||20||
give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

Ya.... doesn't seem like its talking about any fighting or battle.

ਸਲੋਕ ਕਬੀਰ
सलोक कबीर ॥
Salok Kabīr.
Shalok, Kabeer:
ਗਗਨ ਦਮਾਮਾ ਬਾਜਿਓ ਪਰਿਓ ਨੀਸਾਨੈ ਘਾਉ
गगन दमामा बाजिओ परिओ नीसानै घाउ ॥
Gagan ḏamāmā bāji▫o pari▫o nīsānai gẖā▫o.
The battle-drum beats in the sky of the mind; aim is taken, and the wound is inflicted.
ਖੇਤੁ ਜੁ ਮਾਂਡਿਓ ਸੂਰਮਾ ਅਬ ਜੂਝਨ ਕੋ ਦਾਉ ॥੧॥
खेतु जु मांडिओ सूरमा अब जूझन को दाउ ॥१॥
Kẖeṯ jo māʼndi▫o sūrmā ab jūjẖan ko ḏā▫o. ||1||
The spiritual warriors enter the field of battle; now is the time to fight! ||1||
Seems like that's metaphorical for fighting with the Five Evils within, and unrelated to an actual battle.

Other searches (srigranth.org) on "battle" lead to things like "battlefield of life", again quite metaphorical, and nothing to do with fighting. :hmm:
Searches on "warrior" leads to either spiritual warriors, which are metaphirical warriors who fight the Five evils, or warriors who are singing praises of God.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Bhagat Ji,
Those are NOT "Vaars"..they are Tuks from two shabds.
The Vaars are long Banis....usually found at the end of most Raags...like Vaar Asa Ki..Vaar ramkali..Vaar Basant..etc etc.

The Gurbani of SGGS is designed to create a SANT-SIPAHI...not "metaphorical warriors".as in "keyboard warriors..internet warriors..computer game warriors..or star wars warriors.
Bhagat kabir ji tied in chains on the ground before a mast elephant or is certianly not a metaphorical warrior..it takes PHYSICAL GUTS to resist tyranny...same for Guru nanak ji facing up to Babar and telling him the TRUTH to his face..Guru Arjun Ji sitting on the Hot plate and not agreeing to change even a line of SGGS or even saying a single word of blame against his tormentors except..tera bhanna meetha laggeh" its the BODY that is being burned..not some keyboard/RAM memory Card. The INTERNAL POWER to resist comes form GURBANI. ONLY a person who has become a SANT via this GURBANI can then be a SIPAHI worthy of the likes of Bhagat Kabir Ji...Guru Arjun Ji sahib...:happysingh::D

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I think the only scholar/philosopher/psychologist, who could explain this fixation with the "warrior" archetype, was Carl Jung. And he would say -- as Guru Nanak Dev ji himself has explained in his own way -- that a lot of people have been "jumped" by this concept. A lot of people are enslaved, trapped, by its magic. As long as we are stuck in a duality of vision -- then sant and siphai will never be fused, our personalities will never be integrated, we will always be half of who we are, and we will not find both courage and light within ourselves. That is our loss.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I think the only scholar/philosopher/psychologist, who could explain this fixation with the "warrior" archetype, was Carl Jung. And he would say -- as Guru Nanak Dev ji himself has explained in his own way -- that a lot of people have been "jumped" by this concept. A lot of people are enslaved, trapped, by its magic. As long as we are stuck in a duality of vision -- then sant and siphai will never be fused, our personalities will never be integrated, we will always be half of who we are, and we will not find both courage and light within ourselves. That is our loss.

Narayanjot ji,

Guru fateh.

Well said. There is more tendency for a train on a mono track to trip and cause an accident than the one on two tracks.

A Sant Sipahi whom I call a Peace Warrior is a fusion of inner strength, courage and knows how to use the outer strength when it is needed to combat injustice.

If this fusion does not take place, then one is nothing more than a Hinduised Sikh, a derawala who calls himself sant surrounded by lots of sipahis.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Here is a lekh in PUNJABI..on ALL the RASS ever in creation..and they are ALL there in the SGGS !!
The Article is a tad too heavy for me to adequately translate...but here are a few pointers in English to get the gist across..Sorry to Non-Punjabi speakers Jios..
ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਬਨਾਮ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ
ਅਵਤਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਮਿਸ਼ਨਰੀ (510-432-5827)
ਸਾਰੇ ਰਸਾਂ ਦਾ ਸੋਮਾ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹੈ। ਵਿਦਵਾਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਕਾਵਿ ਦੇ ਨੌਂ ਰਸ ਮੰਨੇ ਹਨ-1. ਸ਼ਿੰਗਾਰ ਰਸ 2. ਹਾਸ ਰਸ 3. ਕਰੁਣਾ ਰਸ 4. ਰੌਦਰ ਰਸ 5. ਬੀਰ ਰਸ 6. ਭਿਆਨਕ ਰਸ 7. ਬੀਭਤਸ ਰਸ 8. ਅਦਭੁਤ ਰਸ 9. ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਰਸ ਆਦਿਕ। ਬੀਰ ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਹੈ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਸੂਰਮਾਂ ਭਾਵ ਜਿਸ ਕੋਲ ਬਹਾਦਰੀ ਅਤੇ ਸੁਰਮਤਾਈ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ।
ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਵਿਖੇ ਵੀ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਾਰੇ ਰਸਾਂ ਦੀ ਵਰਤੋਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ 1. ਸ਼ਿੰਗਾਰ ਰਸ-ਕਾਜਲ ਹਾਰ ਤੰਬੋਲ ਸਭੈ ਕਿਛੁ ਸਾਜਿਆ॥ ਸੋਲਹ ਕੀਏ ਸਿੰਗਾਰ ਕਿ ਅੰਜਨੁ ਪਾਜਿਆ॥ (1361) 2. ਹਾਸ ਰਸ-ਮੋਰ ਮੋਰ ਕਰਿ ਅਧਿਕ ਲਾਡੁ ਧਰਿ ਪੇਖਤ ਹੀ ਜਮਰਾਉ ਹਸੈ॥ (91) ਇੱਕ ਕਵੀ ਹਾਸ ਰਸ ਬਾਰੇ-ਸੀਸ ਦੁਮਾਲਾ ਧਰੈ ਸੁਰਮਈ ਕੰਧੇ ਮੋਟਾ ਸੋਟਾ ਹੈ। ਮਸਤਾਨੇ ਪਟ ਕਮਰਕੱਸੇ ਯੁਤ ਸਜਯੋ ਵਿਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਕਛੋਟਾ ਹੈ। ਫਤੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਕੋ ਪੇਖ ਸਰੂਪ ਅਸ ਕਲਗੀਧਰ ਬਿਗਸਾਵਤ ਹੈਂ। ਸਿੰਘ ਸਮਾਜ ਕਵੀਗਣ ਹੱਸ ਹੱਸ ਲੋਟ ਪੋਟ ਹੋ ਜਾਵਤ ਹੈਂ। 3. ਕਰੁਣਾ ਰਸ-ਜਿਨਿ ਸਿਰਿ ਸੋਹਨਿ ਪਟੀਆਂ ਮਾਂਗੀ ਪਾਇ ਸੰਧੂਰ॥ ਸੇ ਸਿਰ ਕਾਤੀ ਮੁਨੀਅਨਿ ਗਲ ਵਿਚਿ ਆਵੈ ਧੂੜਿ॥ ਮਹਲਾਂ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਹੋਂਦੀਆਂ ਹੁਣਿ ਬਹਣਿ ਨ ਮਿਲਨਿ ਹਧੂਰਿ॥ (417) 4. ਰੌਦਰ ਰਸ-ਜਾ ਤੁਧ ਭਾਵੈ ਤੇਗ਼ ਵਗਾਵਹਿ ਸਿਰ ਮੁੰਡੀ ਕਟਿ ਜਾਵਹਿ॥ (145) 5. ਬੀਰ ਰਸ-ਰਣੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਸੂਰੇ ਚਿਤ ਉਲਾਸ॥ (1180) ਅਤੇ ਗਗਨ ਦਮਾਮਾ ਬਾਜਿਓ ਪਰਿਓ ਨੀਸ਼ਾਨੈ ਘਾਉ॥ ਖੇਤੁ ਜੋ ਮਾਂਡਿਓ ਸੂਰਮਾਂ ਅਬ ਜੂਜਨ ਕਉ ਦਾਉ॥ (1105) 6. ਭਿਆਨਕ ਰਸ-ਲਟ ਛੂਟੀ ਵਰਤੈ ਬਿਕਰਾਲ॥ (1163) 7. ਬੀਭਤਸ ਰਸ-ਬਿਸਟਾ ਅਸਤ ਰਕਤੁ ਪਰੇਟੇ ਚਾਮ॥ (374) 8. ਅਦਭੁਤ ਰਸ-ਇਕਿ ਬਿਨਸੈ ਇੱਕ ਅਸਥਿਰੁ ਮਾਨੈ ਅਚਰਜੁ ਲਖਿਓ ਨ ਜਾਈ॥ (219) 9. ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਰਸ-ਕਹਾ ਮਨ ਬਿਖਿਆ ਸਿਉਂ ਲਪਟਾਈ॥ ਯਾ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਕੋਊ ਰਹਨੁ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ਇਕਿ ਆਵਹਿ ਇਕਿ ਜਾਹੀ॥ ਕਾਂਕੋ ਤਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਸੰਪਤਿ ਕਾਂਕੀ ਕਾਂ ਸਿਉਂ ਨੇਹੁ ਲਗਾਹੀ॥ ਜੋ ਦੀਸੈ ਸੋ ਸਗਲ ਬਿਨਾਸੈ ਜਿਉਂ ਬਾਦਰ ਕੀ ਛਾਹੀ॥ ਤਜਿ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ਸ਼ਰਣਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਗਹੁ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਹੋਹਿ ਛਿਨ ਮਾਹੀ॥ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਭਜੇ ਬਿਨੁ ਸੁਖ ਸੁਪਨੈ ਵੀ ਨਾਹੀਂ॥ (1231)
ਸੋ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਦਾ ਬਹਾਦਰੀ ਅਤੇ ਉਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਲ ਸਬੰਧ ਹੈ। ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਜਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸਿਧਾਂਤ ਅਤੇ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਦੀ ਸਮਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਂ ਸੁਣੇ ਸੁਣਾਏ ਹੀ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦਾ ਪੱਖ ਪੂਰਨ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਕਹਿ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ “ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ” ਨੂੰ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਰਸ ਅਤੇ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨੂੰ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਹ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਕੇ ਦੇਖਣ ਕਿ ਜਦ ਤੋਂ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਹੋਂਦ ਵਿੱਚ ਆਈ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਬਹਾਦਰੀ ਭਰੇ ਕਾਰਨਾਮੇ ਅਤੇ ਜੰਗ ਯੁੱਧ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਸੁਭਾਵ ਵੀ ਓਦੋਂ ਦੇ ਹੀ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ। ਜਦ ਅਸੀਂ ਪੁਰਤਨ ਇਤਿਹਾਸ ਅਤੇ ਮਿਥਿਹਾਸ ਪੜ੍ਹਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਕਿਤਨੇ ਹੀ ਬੀਰ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਜੋਧੇ ਮਿਲਦੇ ਹਨ। ਹਿੰਦੂ ਮੁਸਲਿਮ, ਯਹੂਦੀ ਅਤੇ ਈਸਾਈ ਆਦਿਕ ਸਾਰੇ ਧਰਮ ਸਿੱਖ ਧਰਮ ਤੋਂ ਪੁਰਾਣੇ ਹਨ। ਕੀ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਜੋਧਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਸੀ? ਕਦਾ ਚਿੱਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਓਦੋਂ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਪੈਦਾ ਵੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਹੋਇਆ। ਬਾਕੀ ਧਰਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਆਪਾਂ ਕੇਵਲ ਸਿੱਖ ਧਰਮ ਦੀ ਹੀ ਗੱਲ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਵਿਖੇ 15 ਭਗਤਾਂ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਕਿਤ ਹੈ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਬਹੁਤਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਦੀ ਵਰਤੋਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ-ਸੂਰਾ ਸੋ ਪਹਿਚਾਨੀਐਂ ਜੋ ਲਰੈ ਦੀਨ ਕੇ ਹੇਤ॥ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਕਟਿ ਮਰੈ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨ ਛਾਡੈ ਖੇਤੁ॥ (1105-ਕਬੀਰ) ਇਵੇਂ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਜੀ ਵੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ-ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ਸਿਰ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ॥ (1412-ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ) ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਮਰਣੁ ਕਬੂਲ ਜੀਵਨ ਕੀ ਛਡਿ ਆਸਿ॥ ਹੋਹੁ ਸਭਨਾ ਕੀ ਰੇਣੁਕਾ ਤਉ ਆਉ ਹਮਾਰੈ ਪਾਸਿ॥ (1102-ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ) ਛੇਵੇਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਜੋ ਸੰਤ ਸ਼ਿਪਾਹੀ ਸਨ। ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੇ ਪਰਜਾ ਦੇ ਇਨਸਾਫ ਲਈ ਅਕਾਲ ਤਖਤ ਦੀ ਰਚਨਾਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਅਤੇ ਮੀਰੀ ਪੀਰੀ ਭਾਵ ਭਗਤੀ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਕਤੀ ਨੂੰ ਧਾਰਨ ਕੀਤਾ। ਯੋਧੇ ਸੂਰਮੇਂ ਆਪਣੀ ਫੌਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਭਰਤੀ ਕੀਤੇ ਅਤੇ ਮੁਗਲੀਆ ਹਕੂਮਤ ਨਾਲ ਚਾਰ ਜੰਗਾਂ ਵੀ ਲੜੀਆਂ। ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇ ਜੀ ਵੀ 2200 ਘੋੜ ਸਵਾਰ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਸਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਂ ਵੀ ਕਰਤਾਰਪੁਰ ਦੀ ਜੰਗ ਵਿਖੇ ਤੇਗ ਦੇ ਜੌਹਰ ਦਿਖੌਣ ਤੇ ਹੀ “ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ” ਰੱਖਿਆ ਗਿਆ। ਦਸਵੇਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਪਾਨ ਕਰਾਉਣ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਭੰਗਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਭਿਆਨਕ ਯੁੱਧ ਲੜਿਆ ਸੀ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਾਨਦਾਰ ਜਿੱਤ ਹਾਸਲ ਕੀਤੀ ਸੀ। ਓਦੋਂ ਤੱਕ ਤਾਂ ਅਜੋਕੇ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦਾ ਨਾਮੋਂ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਵੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਫਿਰ ਗੁਰੂਆਂ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਵੱਖ ਵੱਖ ਧਰਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਯੋਧੇ, ਭਗਤ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬਾਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਕਿਹੜੇ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨੂੰ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕੀਤਾ ਸੀ? ਦਸਮ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੋਂ 50 ਸਾਲ ਬਾਅਦ ਅਜੋਕਾ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਗਿਆ। ਫਿਰ ਭਾਈ ਮਤੀ ਦਾਸ, ਸਤੀ ਦਾਸ, ਭਾਈ ਦਿਆਲਾ ਜੀ, ਭਾ. ਉਦੈ ਸਿੰਘ, ਜੀਵਨ ਸਿੰਘ, ਪੀਰ ਬੁਧੂ ਸ਼ਾਹ, ਚਾਰੇ ਸਾਹਿਬਜ਼ਾਦੇ, ਮਾਈ ਭਾਗ ਕੌਰ, ਬਾਬਾ ਬੰਦਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਬਹਾਦਰ, ਬਾਬਾ ਨੌਧ ਸਿੰਘ, ਭਾ. ਬਾਜ ਸਿੰਘ, ਬਾਬਾ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ, ਭਾ. ਮਨੀ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸ੍ਰ ਜੱਸਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਰਾਮਗੜ੍ਹੀਆ ਅਤੇ ਸ੍ਰ ਜੱਸਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਆਹਲੂਵਾਲੀਆ ਸੁਲਤਾਨੁਲ ਕੌਮਿ, ਨਵਾਬ ਕਪੂਰ ਸਿੰਘ, ਬਾਬਾ ਬੋਤਾ ਸਿੰਘ ਅਤੇ ਗਰਜਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ 65 ਜਥੇ ਫਿਰ 12 ਮਿਸਲਾਂ, ਮਹਾਂਰਾਜਾ ਰਣਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ, ਅਕਾਲੀ ਫੂਲਾ ਸਿੰਘ, ਬਹਾਦਰ ਜਰਨੈਲ ਹਰੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਲੂਆ, ਸ੍ਰ ਸ਼ਾਮ ਸਿੰਘ ਅਟਾਰੀ ਵਾਲਾ, ਫਿਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਭਾ ਲਹਿਰ ਦੇ ਮੋਢੀ ਪ੍ਰੋ. ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਿੰਘ, ਗਿ. ਦਿੱਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਕੀ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਬੀਰ ਬਹਦਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਹੋਇਆ ਸੀ? ਕੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਅਤੇ ਸਨਾਤਨ ਧਰਮ ਦੇ ਕਰਮ ਕਾਂਡਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸਿੱਖ ਧਰਮ ਵਿੱਚ ਘਸੋੜਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੰਕਾਰੀ-ਵਿਕਾਰੀ ਮਹੰਤਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਅਜ਼ਾਦ ਕਰਾੳੇਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਿੰਘਸਭੀਏ ਸਿੱਖ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਪੜ੍ਹਦੇ ਸਨ? ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੰਘਣੀਆਂ ਜੋ ਧਰਮ ਯੁੱਧਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਹੋਏ ਕੀ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਭ ਨੂੰ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਤੋਂ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਸੀ? ਕੀ ਅਜੋਕੇ ਦੌਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਜ਼ਾਲਮ ਇੰਦਰਾ ਨੂੰ ਸੋਧਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸ੍ਰ ਬਿਅੰਤ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸਤਵੰਤ ਸਿੰਘ, ਸ੍ਰ ਕੇਹਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਅਤੇ ਹਰਮੰਦਰ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਿਖੇ ਭਾਰਤ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਾਲਮ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਦੀ ਫੌਜ ਨਾਲ ਟੱਕਰ ਲੈਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਜਨਰਲ ਸ਼ੁਬੇਗ ਸਿੰਘ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੇ ਪਾਠੀ ਸਨ?
ਅਜੋਕੇ ਦੌਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਵੀ ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਫੌਜੀ ਬਹਾਦਰੀ ਨਾਲ ਲੜਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਵੀ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਬਹੁਤੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਧਰਮ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਮੰਨਦੇ ਅਤੇ ਨਾਂ ਹੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ। ਕੀ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨੂੰ ਮੰਨ ਕੇ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨਾ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ? ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੇਕਾਂ ਬੀਰ ਰਸੀ ਜਰਨੈਲ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਪੜ੍ਹਿਆ ਫਿਰ ਉਹ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਦੇ ਧਾਰਨੀ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਬਣੇ? ਅਜੋਕੇ ਨਕਸਲਵਾੜੀਆਂ, ਤਾਮਲਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਤਾਲਿਬਾਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਕਿਹੜਾ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ? ਗੁਰਮੁਖੋ! ਸਦਾ ਯਾਦ ਰੱਖੋ ਸੱਚ ਹੀ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਹੈ। ਸਾਰਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਚਾਈ ਨਾਲ ਭਰਿਆ ਪਿਆ ਹੈ। ਸਾਰੇ ਰਸਾਂ ਦੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਮਿਲ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। ਬਲਵਾਨ ਆਤਮਾਂ ਹੀ ਬੀਰ ਰਸੀ ਹੋ ਸਕਦੀ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਦੀ ਆਤਮਾਂ ਬਲਵਾਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਪੜ੍ਹ, ਸੁਣ, ਵਿਚਾਰ ਅਤੇ ਧਾਰ ਕੇ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਪੁਕਾਰ ਪੁਕਾਰ ਕੇ ਕਹਿ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ ਕਿ-ਸਭ ਕਿਛੁ ਘਰਿ ਮਹਿ ਬਾਹਰ ਨਾਹੀਂ॥ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਟੋਲੇ ਸੋ ਭਰਮ ਭੁਲਾਹੀ॥ (102) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਬਲਕਿ ਪੂਰੀ ਲੋਕਾਈ ਦਾ ਸਰਬਸਾਂਝਾ ਪੂਰਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਫਿਰ ਅਸੀਂ ਐਸੇ ਮਹਾਂਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨੂੰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਹੋਰ ਗ੍ਰੰਥਾਂ ਦੇ ਪਿਛੇ ਕਿਉਂ ਲੱਗੀਏ? ਇਹ ਤਾਂ ਇਊਂ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਸਾਡੇ ਘਰ ਆਟਾ ਹੈ ਫਿਰ ਵੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਗੁਆਂਢੀ ਦੇ ਘਰੋਂ ਮੰਗਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਦੇਖੋ! ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਇਸ ਬਾਰੇ ਕੀ ਫੁਰਮਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ-ਜੇ ਘਰਿ ਹੋਂਦੈ ਮੰਗਣਿ ਜਾਈਐ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਲ੍ਹਾਮਾਂ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਹੀਂ॥ (903) ਜੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨੂੰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਹੋਰ ਗ੍ਰੰਥਾਂ ਦੇ ਮਗਰ ਜਾਵੇਗਾ ਤਾਂ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਤੇ ਲੋਕ ਵੀ ਓਲ੍ਹਾਮੇ ਹੀ ਦੇਣਗੇ। ਸੋ ਸਿੱਖ ਦਾ 100% ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ਼ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸਿਧਾਂਤ ਤੇ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਨਾਂ ਕਿ ਕਿਸੇ ਅਖੌਤੀ ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਉੱਤੇ ਹਾਂ ਕੰਮਪੈਰੇਟਿਵ ਸਟੱਡੀ ਲਈ ਅਸੀਂ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਦਾ ਕੋਈ ਵੀ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਪੜ੍ਹਨ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਪਤਾ ਚਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਉਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਕੀ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ? ਅੱਜ ਸਾਡਾ ਦੁਖਾਂਤ ਹੀ ਇਹ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਅਸੀਂ ਸੁਣੀਆਂ ਸੁਣਾਈਆਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਹੀ ਕਰੀ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਾਂ ਆਪ ਪੜ੍ਹਦੇ-ਵਿਚਾਰਦੇ ਅਤੇ ਧਾਰਦੇ ਨਹੀ। ਆਓ! ਆਪਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਆਪ ਪੜ੍ਹੀਏ, ਵੀਚਾਰੀਏ, ਧਾਰੀਏ ਅਤੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਇਤਿਹਾਸ ਤੇ ਫਿਲੌਸਫੀ ਤੋਂ ਜਾਣੂੰ ਹੋਈਏ ਫਿਰ ਪਤਾ ਲਗੂ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਕਿੱਥੋਂ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ? ਦਸਮ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਤਾਂ ਮੋਸਟਲੀ ਕਾਮਰਸ ਅਤੇ ਨਸ਼ਾਰਸ ਨਾਲ ਭਰਿਆ ਪਿਆ ਹੈ ਐਸੇ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਤੋਂ ਬੀਰ ਰਸ ਦੀ ਆਸ ਰੱਖਣੀ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰੂ ਭਲੀ ਕਰੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਯਥਾਰਥ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰੀਏ।.
The SGGS is all complete Sarab Kala Samrath Guru. It has everything..as is declared on Page 102....ਸਭ ਕਿਛੁ ਘਰਿ ਮਹਿ ਬਾਹਰ ਨਾਹੀਂ॥ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਟੋਲੇ ਸੋ ਭਰਮ ਭੁਲਾਹੀ॥ (102) Everything is INSIDE..whosoever seeks OUTSIDE is misguided !! SGGS is Chock FULL of BIR RASS....seek and you shall see...close your eyes..and you are BLIND.:happysingh::happykaur::happysingh::happy:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Zafarnamah occurs on Pages 1389-1427..meaning its towards the ending parts of DG.
1. Bhai Chatar Singh Jiwan Singh printed DG it has 115 Baands
2.In the SMC steek of DG it has additional 23 baands
3.In Bhai Vir Singhs Klagidhar Chamatkaar the additional 23 baands are also explained
I am referring to the Bhai Vir Singh Klaghidhaar Chamatkaar in this post.

The Zafarnamh begins from Namah (Letter) from GGS Banaam Aurengzeb.
Next is a Baand in which GGS is taking an OATH on WEAPONS. Its against GURMATT to take an OATH.

Internal evidence in many places also shows many such anti-gurmatt practises.

There is no doubt that after Machiwarra GGS did write a Letter to Aurengzeb and it was taken to the Emperor by Pyara Daya Singh...BUT this Composition in the DG called Zafarnamah seems highly adulterated. It also contains HIKAYATS which are F{censored}e equivalents of the Tria Charitars in Charotaropakhoyans...some stories are EXACTLY the Same - minor changes in names and language and characters.... These Hikayats are from number 2-12 and only the Fisrt Hikayat seems to be a Letter ..and the 2-12 are tria charitar types of stories of sex crazy women and their shenanigans...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Well, yes! Those are excellent refutations, and I am quite familiar with them. We have sidetracked quite a bit. My original response was to the "attack" Jarnail Singh ji was referring to.

I don't...

Bhagat Ji..
Another way of looking at it..as to WHY ONLY SGGS and no others..
A post from ANZ-SIKHS@Yahoo.groups.com

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa; Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

While agreeing with points raised by S. Gurmit Singh and S. Balbinder Singh, I will like to add another point that S. Harnek Singh of NZ made during a private discussion.

1. When a woman is unmarried, she has every right to compare the qualities of her prospective suitors.

2. Families of prospective suitors too have every right to campaign on behalf of their candidate, as well as try to expose the shortcomings of the competitor.

3. Once the unmarried woman has made her choice and has become the bride of one, not only the need to expose the shortcomings of all other suitors in order to reject them, becomes redundant -- the very existence of suitors should raise suspicion in the mind of the bride.

4. The virtuous bride is one who does not even acknowledge the existence of any suitor, let alone find reasons to reject -- reasons which can only result from a comparison with her husband. Once marriage has taken place, rejection of all existing or future suitors requires no reason.

Based on the above analogy, it follows -- a Sikh is married to Guru Granth Sahib and needs no reason to reject any other suitor. Those who are trying to justify Sikhs' worship of "dasam granth" are either not married to Guru Granth Sahib or are guilty of forwarding arguments like "my husband does not have enough bir ras, hence I also share my bed with another who does".

Kind regards,
Verpal Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM