• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Younguns

confusing

SPNer
Jul 8, 2006
hey im 19 and sikh (feels like an AA meeting), i feel that others my age who are also sikh seem to be doing really bad stuff but hide it from their parents and some times use me as a cover up as in its my "birthday" and go out with their mates drinking or worse.......has anyone else been in these situations?....i really feel that sikhs have slipped in our society tale for example watching bhangra videos, they get me soo angry when they stick on some girls whose clothes looked like they caught in the dryer! they jump around on these singhs and "shake their things" lol, but its like we are soo much more than that culture wise.......maybe its just me and the way i think!!!!!!!i just feel sikhs are slipping away from their mother tongue and in some cases their own dignity and respect. seeing sikhs "big up"sikhism then going out drinking winds me up how can people be so hypocritical??????explain, isit just me thinkin this????

May 25, 2006
yea i agree totally. its such a pet peeve when young sikhs act as if they are so proud to be sikh then do things that are totally contrary to sikh belief.

confusing

SPNer
Jul 8, 2006
thanks versus, you know sometimes i really feal that im my own in this battle sometimes but i have talked to others about it,some people say as long as your not doing what they're doing then dont even think about it but how can u not?????????

Feb 14, 2006
There has always been hypocrisy. Just because someone is born to Sikh religion doesn't make him/her a Sikh. People are people. Thats why sincerity, getting amrit-chukk, and trying to keep rehit, and receiving Naam from Panj Piares is only way to be a real Sikh. Doens't mean someone isn't human and won't fall down and need to be peshed. But the key is desire for Gursikhi, and persistence on the disciplined path.

People who are sincerely trying to live a spiritual life are always few. A lot of people just want distractions and pleasures and dance the whole life away. And when suffering comes they have nothing. At least Gursikh has Naam, has Guruji, has a way out of the suffering of the fake world and false, transitory loves that pass away. Only Guruji is a love that doesn't pass away. Cling to that which is never dying, and you yourself will never die. All the world is burning and crying, all these children find suffering. Because pleasure is the poison, suffering is the cure. Even while they are dancing before the inevitable suffering comes, my heart is sad. There is nothing but emptiness in that kind of fake life. All those fast rides come to a crash. Someone has an affair and gets pregnant. Someone gets drunk and kills someone and winds up in prison. Someone takes overdose of drugs and leaves unfed babies crying for their mother. Someone makes so much money and loses it all in bad investments. Someone marries for money and never even loves the person and whole family is miserable. Someone gets in a rage and kills their best friend over some dumb thing.

I worked in a jail as a nurse before. All these people did some really bad things. And I would see their faces night after night, crying, frightened, with the look of a bhoot. Totally distressed. Only Guruji is real peace. Only Guruji is real joy. Only Guruji is authentic love. Without Guru, I don't have any life worth living. Because all that fake society comes crashing down. It collapses like a house of cards one day. And then you leave this world more lost and anguished than when you came. So much for bhangra and sharab.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: