• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Yes Kesh, Why Tied?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Guru Granth Sahib Ji does not say to keep hair. In fact, God doesn't care if you have hair. Again, it was Guru Gobind Singh Ji who made this "rule".

When I said that you have to understand the religion to know the significance of keeping unshorn hair, I MEANT it. This is not beating around the bush etc. I know people who understand the religion and know why hair is important and I know people who don't understand Sikhism and say hair are not important. One who understands will always be in "favour" of keeping hair and one who doesnt, will not be.

Is that clear?

Bhagat

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Thank you, Bhagat Ji.

That answers my concerns exactly and clearly.

Please be very, very patient with those of us who don't know. I know of no other way to learn except by sometimes sounding ignorant or lacking understanding. That's why I come here.

Mai

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Now that I have enough posts to get links, I immediately visited the one provided by kaur-1. It is a beautiful essay. Thank you.

The reason I was so insistent on knowing exactly where the 'rule' about hair was written was that I had been rather forcefully asked and was being pressured for an answer I didn't have.

If I have been impatient or rude, I apologize. It was not my intention. Neither was it my intention to disrespect or denigrate kesh; I would never do that.

Now I hope there is no misunderstanding.

Jul 10, 2006
Now that I have enough posts to get links, I immediately visited the one provided by kaur-1. It is a beautiful essay. Thank you.

The reason I was so insistent on knowing exactly where the 'rule' about hair was written was that I had been rather forcefully asked and was being pressured for an answer I didn't have.

If I have been impatient or rude, I apologize. It was not my intention. Neither was it my intention to disrespect or denigrate kesh; I would never do that.

Now I hope there is no misunderstanding.

Panji Mai, There is info on Sikhnet too.

Why do Sikhs wear Turbans?
Heritage of the Turban

See 5 k's pdf for Kesh(hair) file in Sikh Educational Materials
Share Your Light

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM