• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Opinion Wrong To Deny Voting Rights To Sehajdhari Sikhs: Amarinder

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Sorry kds1980 ji can you translate the following into your mother tongue, it appears something like Hindi learnt by a Punjabi Shehareah ,
Shame on Sikhs speaking Hindi! Police, Badal and the crew included.

Sat Sri Akal.

Even muslims accept that muslims speak different languages and not only arabic
we are going to beat them in this fanaticismn too.Anyway what is the meaning of mother tongue? The language your mother speak ,or what is your genetic language

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Kds Ji, "mother tongue" is an expression which means your most fluent language. Usually this is the first language you learn as a child (presumably from one's parents) hence "mother" tongue. :happykudi:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kds Ji, "mother tongue" is an expression which means your most fluent language. Usually this is the first language you learn as a child (presumably from one's parents) hence "mother" tongue. :happykudi:

Ishna ji

I know mother tongue is called which your parents speak.In that case my mother tongue is hindustani,a mix of hindi,urdu,punjabi english.My mother is from Assam and she barely speaks a word in Punjabi.most of her family never used to speak Punjabi.My father too speak with me in hindi most of times.So Punjabi is not my mother tongue though I can fluently read and also write Punjabi

What Ambarsaria ji is using the word is the language of lingusitic fanatics.There are Sikhs of UP bihari origin do people expect them to speak Punjabi?Is it necesary for sikhs to prove how much sikh they are only if they speak punjabi O/W they are shame.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Ishna ji

I know mother tongue is called which your parents speak.In that case my mother tongue is hindustani,a mix of hindi,urdu,punjabi english.My mother is from Assam and she barely speaks a word in Punjabi.most of her family never used to speak Punjabi.My father too speak with me in hindi most of times.So Punjabi is not my mother tongue though I can fluently read and also write Punjabi

What Ambarsaria ji is using the word is the language of lingusitic fanatics.There are Sikhs of UP bihari origin do people expect them to speak Punjabi?Is it necesary for sikhs to prove how much sikh they are only if they speak punjabi O/W they are shame.
kds1980 ji I could not relate to your defence of Hinduism. With the above I fully understand. Sorry to bother you and I wish all your family health, happiness and prosperity. I also apologize to you as not all Hindus are bad and whenever one genralizes there is alwys error in so doing. The error can be big or small. The BJP/RSS movement is extremely dangerous for Sikhism as far as I know and I don't live in India so my vision may not be as accurate as a result.

You are a wonderful man with some limitations in Punjabi upbringing that you seem to have overcome.

Learning Punjabi, speaking Punjabi is fundamental to the future of Sikhism in my mind, so that is why I mentioned what I did.

Have a great day.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
The BJP/RSS movement is extremely dangerous for Sikhism as far as I know and I don't live in India so my vision may not be as accurate as a result.

I know BJP /RSS are no friends of sikhs, but blaming them/GOI at present is just finding a scape goat

1) Are they responsible for making our youths materialistic and wanted to leave Punjab .If the present trend of migration is not stopped then Sikhs will loose Punjab forever as Punjab will become hindu majority

2)Are they responsible for rise of castism in Sikhism?

3) Are they responsible for Dowry,female foeticide Alchohol and lavish lifestyle which sikhs have become used to?

Also I want to remind people here that in neighbouring state of Punjab ,Kashmiri's are still very much anti Indian.If people believe that GOI destroyed Punjab By drugs and other means to crush Sikhism then why GOI totally failed in Kashmir.Don't you think all methods were also tried in Kashmir ?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
KDS ji,
imho...PUNJAB is the GATEWAY to Kashmir...First one has to secure the gateway...dont worry the time for kashmir to suffer the same fate is not far..once
punjab" is on its knees...the way to kashmir is open... see the recent resurgence in trying to drive out sikhs form kashmir via threats....the way Hindus were dragged out of buses and harassed or murdered and sikhs blamed...from now on that step is on-the-way in kashmir...

2. The other points are also subjective...Take away the Army careers..take away the WATERS of the Rivers..take away the Electricity...take away the industry and destroy whatever cottage industries existed before ( Pre 1947 AMRITSAR had MORE industry than DELHI.....recently Amrtisar Airport was well on the way to OVERTAKING Indira Gandhi international Delhi !!).WHAT HAPPENED ?? WHY did Air India suddenly REMOVE its MOST LUCARATIVE FULL FLIGHTS to Toronto via Birmingham ??and suffer huge LOSSES ?? WHY did Singapore Airlines - the first airline to offer Amrtisar flights form South east Asia dn Australia suddenly have to say NO...we cant go to Amrtisar.( Do you think such Airlines make decisions based on HASTE or stupidity...NO they take YEars to decide before they start flights and suddenly STOP )...take away jobs..take away...take away..and THEN BLAME the farmers for not being able to sell their Aloos ( which rot in fields)..commit suicides due to loans ballooning due to unable to get propoer prices for wheat rice etc...Blame the YOUTh for running away to foreign lands....NO ...we have to admit there is a lot rotten and stinky in Denmark !!

3. SIKHS themsleves are to blame for attending mandirs, drinking, having lavish weddings..etc and following deras and drinking kashera water !! That much i conced is valid..we our selves cut our beards..we shave our chests and legs..and we are corrupt..steal golucks..and lie...for that we cant blame the Govt..neither the GOI nor the GOB or GOC...etc

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
2. The other points are also subjective...Take away the Army careers..take away the WATERS of the Rivers..take away the Electricity...take away the industry and destroy whatever cottage industries existed before ( Pre 1947 AMRITSAR had MORE industry than DELHI.....recently Amrtisar Airport was well on the way to OVERTAKING Indira Gandhi international Delhi !!).WHAT HAPPENED ?? WHY did Air India suddenly REMOVE its MOST LUCARATIVE FULL FLIGHTS to Toronto via Birmingham ??and suffer huge LOSSES ?? WHY did Singapore Airlines - the first airline to offer Amrtisar flights form South east Asia dn Australia suddenly have to say NO...we cant go to Amrtisar.( Do you think such Airlines make decisions based on HASTE or stupidity...NO they take YEars to decide before they start flights and suddenly STOP )...take away jobs..take away...take away..and THEN BLAME the farmers for not being able to sell their Aloos ( which rot in fields)..commit suicides due to loans ballooning due to unable to get propoer prices for wheat rice etc...Blame the YOUTh for running away to foreign lands....NO ...we have to admit there is a lot rotten and stinky in Denmark !!

Gyani ji

I would love to believe your argument if people of Punjab did not have so much money compared to other Indian states.The Lavish lifestyle which the people of Punjab are living require money.May I know from where this money is coming from? The land prices which has made every rural Punjabi farmer a millionare.

here is the per capita income state wise list

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...85_1_capita-income-gujarat-government-figures

Now first 4 states are just towns so actually Punjab is at 5th

As far your assumption that Air India diverted flights.If I am not wrong the cities of Punjab
are dominated by hindu's.any kind of development will help them much more than sikhs

industry, it is well known fact in India that many earlier industrial towns ,states are now destroyed and new towns have emerged.

Another point I want to mention is that people of punjab choose to migrate abroad rather than emerging Indian cities,why? they can't even complain about harrasment because they don't even wear turban

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
KDS ji..land Prices are inflationary bubbles created by Real estate people...I have personally MET Sikh farmers who were ROBBED of their lands in the creation of Chnadigarh decades ago....they still running from pillar to post to get compensation..55 villages total..and MORE being added every few years...and Bhaiyahs have been allotted flats etc...The Gurdwara I go every yera...KANTHALA is situated on a plot..that was the Sikh Village of kanthala....allthe Sikhs got was a small plot...
MY Ancestral land in Mohali raea has risen in value to a FEW KRORS per killa....when my dad left in the 1950's it was hardly 10K-15K per killa....now even the useless stony pieces are being grabbed at 50 LAKH per killa..whatever FOR ?? For the Big time Colony CUTTERS..who will make small residntial plots and sell each at 20 Lkah each !! Even at 5 Kror they still make a profit or they wouldnt be buying...It works for me..BUT NOT for the farmer who doesnt have any skill...take away his land..give him a KROR..and it will be gone in 5 years max...and then what ?? S.H.I.T. H.O.L.E. !! ONLY the clever ones will take the 1 kror and BUy land cheap enough far away to carry on farming..the only skill they have..rest will live lavishly for a while..and then back to sh.it hole.
Land prices all over Punjab have ht the roof...do you thnk its Sikh Farmers buying it ?? Is the 700 acres in Gobindgarh being bought by Sikh faremrs ?? no the farmers re dying to defend it..the Badal crony company ahs got it cheap...just like Baba Freed uni got 10000 Acres..but hardly used 40...the remaining 9960 is being parcelled out to colonisers for houses etc...at a huge profit...
You need to check up on Air India flights...and get back to us...i have doen my homework on that one and a delegation of sikhs went o meet the Singapore Airlines management in Singapore and we know what they said...(but its strictly no no to publicise it as country to country relations affected so its all off the record..)
SIKHS dies like flies defending India and still do..they have no reason to be like what you think they are..that is the official point of view of most Hindus/urbanite khtrees esp the Bhajpa ones in jalndhar...who run the MAHASHA PRESS.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
KDS ji..land Prices are inflationary bubbles created by Real estate people...I have personally MET Sikh farmers who were ROBBED of their lands in the creation of Chnadigarh decades ago....they still running from pillar to post to get compensation..55 villages total..and MORE being added every few years...and Bhaiyahs have been allotted flats etc...The Gurdwara I go every yera...KANTHALA is situated on a plot..that was the Sikh Village of kanthala....allthe Sikhs got was a small plot...
MY Ancestral land in Mohali raea has risen in value to a FEW KRORS per killa....when my dad left in the 1950's it was hardly 10K-15K per killa....now even the useless stony pieces are being grabbed at 50 LAKH per killa..whatever FOR ?? For the Big time Colony CUTTERS..who will make small residntial plots and sell each at 20 Lkah each !! Even at 5 Kror they still make a profit or they wouldnt be buying...It works for me..BUT NOT for the farmer who doesnt have any skill...take away his land..give him a KROR..and it will be gone in 5 years max...and then what ?? S.H.I.T. H.O.L.E. !! ONLY the clever ones will take the 1 kror and BUy land cheap enough far away to carry on farming..the only skill they have..rest will live lavishly for a while..and then back to sh.it hole.

Land prices all over Punjab have ht the roof...do you thnk its Sikh Farmers buying it ?? Is the 700 acres in Gobindgarh being bought by Sikh faremrs ?? no the farmers re dying to defend it..the Badal crony company ahs got it cheap...just like Baba Freed uni got 10000 Acres..but hardly used 40...the remaining 9960 is being parcelled out to colonisers for houses etc...at a huge profit...

Gyani ji

The game of real estate is going on in entire North India mainly in Delhi,Haryana ,west UP
some parts of Rajasthan and even Punjab from past 40 years.The residential plot which my Grandfather purchased in early 70s for thousands of rupees is now cost worth in 250-300 million.Though the family circumstances our family sold it much earlier and therefore lost much property.So one cannot blame Punjab only for this mess .Haryana is much more in grip of real estate mania.I live in NCR region of haryana and almost every person i met have land worth rupees millions in somewhere Haryana.There is no way rural sikh farmers can complain of High Land prices as they are the biggest benefitioury .

As far some Sikh Farmers losing their land then I have to say for every 1 Sikh Farmer there are probably 10-20 hindu farmers which had lost their land in Delhi ,Haryana,UP at much cheaper rate
You need to check up on Air India flights...and get back to us...i have doen my homework on that one and a delegation of sikhs went o meet the Singapore Airlines management in Singapore and we know what they said...(but its strictly no no to publicise it as country to country relations affected so its all off the record..)

I don't have much knowledge about Air India incident so don't want to comment on that incident.

But again I want to ask Why rural Sikhs are leaving India but not for other parts of India where there is economic development.
The main reason is income in India is too less to fulfill the dreams of people of Punjab.I myself live in NCR region of Haryana and I met people from almost all part of India who migrated here to do some job but I never came across a sikh from rural Punjab.even my brother who is a software engineer never came across a Sikh from Punjab though he has sikhs from other parts of country

Please tell me truck driving which was one of the main occupation of Rural Sikhs is now no longer an interested job for them.Is it because the truck driving wages are no longer attractive to them? though a good truck driver in India can make 20-30 thousand per month

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Kds ji wrote:<<
Please tell me truck driving which was one of the main occupation of Rural Sikhs is now no longer an interested job for them.Is it because the truck driving wages are no longer attractive to them? though a good truck driver in India can make 20-30 thousand per month
>>>>>>>>>

have you any idea how many such Sikhs and their trucks were BURNT all over India in 1984 ? In previous decades TAXI drivers even as far as calcutta were invariably majority Sikhs...just how many of them were burnt along with their taxis ? I have absolutely no doubt as to why SIKHS much shun this now..anyway a TRUCK DRIVER in Canada USA earn 10 times more on average than in India.....why would a fellow SIKH persist in wanting SIKHS to be low income earners in India than earn big income doing the exact same thing outside. About 14,000 IT Engineers from Banglore alone are in Malaysia in one CITY alone..Malaysia wide figures are in the hundred thousnad !! This EXCLUDES the WEST..Australia etc where I am sure such INDIANS are squeezing in even as ILLEGALS as happend in Illinois recently....Cant these people who are DEROGATIVELY dismissed as "India Mari" (Beggar from Indai) earn a good income in India ?? why are they coming here in droves ?? Simply becasue they can EARN MORE...BUT there are very very very FEW IT SIKHS among these becasue Banglore is dominated by NON-PUNJABIS/NON-SIKHS !!
SO Its NOT exclusively a SIKH/PUNJABI thing as you assume..its almost 100% INDIAN HABIT !! Hundreds fo thosuands of ILLITERATE TAMILS are also flooding here to work at MENIAL restaurant jobs washing dishes etc...I wonder they dont have plates to wash in India...or its becasue in Tamil Nadu they use Banana leaves ??.and so its necessity to migrate to Malaysia to wash dirty dishes !! Anyway we are not complaining becasue no Malasyian wants to wash dishes...much less carry them off the table even..Sorry state fo affairs eh... Maybe some one is expecting SIKHS from Punjab to go to CHENNAI to wash their Banana Leaves ??..to fill the vacuum perhaps ??? a thought indeed...winkingmundawinkingmunda

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am wondering if the last page of comments are related to the thread topic. If they are related please make the connection for us. Otherwise it seems we are discussion economic and geopolitical forces and trends at work at their worse in North India.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
have you any idea how many such Sikhs and their trucks were BURNT all over India in 1984 ? In previous decades TAXI drivers even as far as calcutta were invariably majority Sikhs...just how many of them were burnt along with their taxis ? I have absolutely no doubt as to why SIKHS much shun this now..anyway a TRUCK DRIVER in Canada USA earn 10 times more on average than in India.....why would a fellow SIKH persist in wanting SIKHS to be low income earners in India than earn big income doing the exact same thing outside. About 14,000 IT Engineers from Banglore alone are in Malaysia in one CITY alone.

I know many trucks were burnt,not only trucks but also bussinesses of Sikhs were also burnt but most of them were back on their feet in a decade or two.There is nothing wrong moving to USA or Canada or any country through fair means ,but visa's are limited.Also saying that today's 18-19 year old sikh youths are not interested in driving truck because of 84 is nothing less than joke.Also the same thing that wages outside India is 10 times higher is also applicable on industry too .If industry will be set up in Punjab then most probably people from outside Punjab will work their as Private industry pay much less than truck drivers to their majority of workers.

Anyway there will always be places in world where you can earn more if people of Punjab keep on leaving Punjab for higher salaries then there is no point blaming GOI or some conspiracy that Sikh population is declining because it will keep declining

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM