• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Writing Vaheguru. 51 Thousand Times Or One Lakh?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Re: Writing Vaheguru... 51 thousand times !!OR 1 Lakh?

I would like to thank you all for opening this topic in length and breath. Tejwant gave me the fuel (challenge) to propel and Gyani added the necessary back up to achieve the goal. And the rest of us, benefited from the outcome.

You may want to re-read this post > #37 as I have organized the fonts in a proper manner now.

Bhul Chuk Muaf.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

I would like to thank you all for opening this topic in length and breath. Tejwant gave me the fuel (challenge) to propel and Gyani added the necessary back up to achieve the goal. And the rest of us, benefited from the outcome.

You may want to re-read this post > #37 as I have organized the fonts in a proper manner now.

Bhul Chuk Muaf.
Naam Japp Jio,
Thanks .
Manvir Singh Khalsa and his blog is a personal fav..he has got lots to say..
Chardeekalla always:D

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

My students also came up with these questions..any one got any answers please do post.

1. Is there any Sikh in history who brought Guru Ji a Gift of ..say 51,000 handwritten Raams, haris, or anyother Naam parchallat at Gurus times...Bhai Gurdass has also used Waheguru in his vaars..so Waheguru was also quite common. Sikh History is replete with the many wondrous Gifts the Sikhs brought to the Darbar...anyone thought that such an "act" would be highly pleasing to the Guru ??.

2. One elderly student who is reaching 90 + relates how his grandfatehr/father taught him to REPEAT WAHEGURU...SATNAM WAHEGURU 5 times when he opened his eyes...this is like STARTING the DAY. AS we all have Cars..we normally PUSH/ON the STARTER once or twice..and Once the Engine FIRES UP..ONLY a FOOL will go on turning the "Starter"...
This LOGIC also floored me...its correct..once the Car is started..we USE IT to TRAVEL...and the same is true with WAHRGURU..once we started the Day..lets get on with IT..USING WAHEGURU's ATTRIBUTES...like speakign the TRUTH..not cursing the next driver who blew his horn..cut into your lane..beat you to the front at the Trafiic lights...not trying to walk off with the Extra change the roadside newsvendor accidentally gave us...etc etc..empty MOUTHING is the SAME as keeping the CAR STATIONARY..but KEEPING THE KEY ON THE STARTER again and again...

My students..old and the young are kept on a long leash..free to fly...as far and as high they want..NO LIMITATIONS..so no wodner i get all these wonderful feedback...:happy::happy::happy:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Here is proof that merely Parotting any word (Waheguru, Raam, hari whatever) is NOT SIMRAN.
ਊਡੇ ਊਡਿ ਆਵੈ ਸੈ ਕੋਸਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਪਾਛੈ ਬਚਰੇ ਛਰਿਆ।।
ਤਿਨ ਕਵਣੁ ਖਲਾਵੈ ਕਵਣੁ ਚੁਗਾਵੈ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਕਰਿਆ।।
(ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ, ਪੰਨਾ 10) SGGS Page 10
IN what language do these "birds" do SIMRAN ? Which WORD do they use for "simran"
Answer: they dont do any parotting of any word..they REMEMBER in their Minds..YAAD...

Further Bhagat Namdev Ji tries his best to explain the same thing.. Giving Example after Example..of HOW to do SIMRAN...while going about our Normal Days work..or PLAY..or relaxation..or simply LIVING LIFE.

ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਜੀਉ ਕੀ ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਘਰੁ 1
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ਆਨੀਲੇ ਕਾਗਦੁ ਕਾਟੀਲੇ ਗੂਡੀ ਆਕਾਸ ਮਧੇ ਭਰਮੀਅਲੇ ॥
ਪੰਚ ਜਨਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਾਤ ਬਤਊਆ ਚੀਤੁ ਸੁ ਡੋਰੀ ਰਾਖੀਅਲੇ ॥1॥
ਮਨੁ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮਾ ਬੇਧੀਅਲੇ ॥
ਜੈਸੇ ਕਨਿਕ ਕਲਾ ਚਿਤੁ ਮਾਂਡੀਅਲੇ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਆਨੀਲੇ ਕੁੰਭੁ ਭਰਾਈਲੇ ਊਦਕ ਰਾਜ ਕੁਆਰਿ ਪੁਰੰਦਰੀਏ ॥
ਹਸਤ ਬਿਨੋਦ ਬੀਚਾਰ ਕਰਤੀ ਹੈ ਚੀਤੁ ਸੁ ਗਾਗਰਿ ਰਾਖੀਅਲੇ ॥2॥
ਮੰਦਰੁ ਏਕੁ ਦੁਆਰ ਦਸ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਗਊ ਚਰਾਵਨ ਛਾਡੀਅਲੇ ॥
ਪਾਂਚ ਕੋਸ ਪਰ ਗਊ ਚਰਾਵਤ ਚੀਤੁ ਸੁ ਬਛਰਾ ਰਾਖੀਅਲੇ ॥3॥
ਕਹਤ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਤਿਲੋਚਨ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਪਾਲਨ ਪਉਢੀਅਲੇ ॥
ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਬਿਰੂਧੀ ਚੀਤੁ ਸੁ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਰਾਖੀਅਲੇ ॥4॥1॥
(ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ, ਪੰਨਾ 972) SGGS Page 972

Bhagat NAMDEV Ji further explains....to Bhagat tarlochan Ji...and tries to tell us How..Simran is carried out..
ਨਾਮਾ ਕਹੈ ਤਿਲੋਚਨਾ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਸੰਮਾਲਿ।।
ਹਾਥ ਪਾਉ ਕਰਿ ਕਾਮ ਸਭੁ ਚੀਤੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਨਾਲਿ।।
(ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ, ਪੰਨਾ 1375) SGGS page 1375..
Then How did this parotting get so entrenched in Sikhi/Gurmatt that almost every one who is someone recommends that we MUST rattan/parott waheguru continously to save our souls..imho it began with the following pauree from Bhai Gurdass Ji Vaar
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ ਜਪ ਹਉਮੈ ਖੋਈ।।
(ਵਾਰ 13, ਪਉੜੀ 2) Vaar 13 Pauree 2
It is not as per Gurmatt to assign any special powers/attributes to any one Naam of Creator.. its the GUNNS that COUNT....
Gurbani declares:
ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਅਨੇਕ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਈ ॥
ਸਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਵਸਾਈ ॥
(1067) Page 1067
Gurmatt has no place for any Mantars..or Gurmantars..that is Brahmanwadee soch
Gurbani says:
ਤੰਤੁ ਮੰਤੁ ਪਾਖੰਡੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥
(766) SGGS page 766..I know no such mantars...ONLY thy Naam in MY HEART.
IF GURBANI declares Tantar Mantar as PAKHAND..how cna the same GURU then turn around and say..Here is my GURMANTAR ?? Why double standard ? Same applies to TEERATHS..if Gurbani CONDEMNS Teeraths..then how can we go ahead and call our Gurdwars Teeraths...Have Ytaras to hemkunds and Sarovars ?? Double Standards.
ਨਾ ਸੁਚਿ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਤੁਲਸੀ ਮਾਲਾ ॥
ਗੋਪੀ ਕਾਨੁ ਨ ਗਊ ਗਆਲਾ ॥
ਤੰਤੁ ਮੰਤੁ ਪਾਖੰਡੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ਨਾ ਕੋ ਵੰਸੁ ਵਜਾਇਦਾ ॥7॥
(1035) SGGS Page 1035 No tant mant and PAKHANDS !!
IF for a moment we do take Bhai gurdass at hsi word and say that Waheguru is Gurmantar..then where does this lead to as SGGS has a different view..in SGGS the GURMANTAR is HAR !!
ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੀਓ ਗੁਰਿ ਮੰਤ੍ਰਲੇ ॥
(190)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਮੈਨੂੰ ‘ਹਰਿ’ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਗੁਰ-ਮੰਤਰ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੈ।​
ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਮੰਤ੍ਰਲੇ ਦੀਉ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ॥
(196)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਸੱਚੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ‘ਹਰਿ’ ਨਾਮ ਦਾ ਮੰਤਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ।​
ਗੁਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਮੰਤ੍ਰਲੇ ਦ੍ਰਿਦ੍ਰੜਾਇਆ ॥
(371)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ‘ਹਰੀ-ਹਰੀ’ ਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਮੰਤਰ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ੍ਹ ਕਰਵਾਇਆ ਹੈ।
SGGS uses many words..and ALL are meant to guide us towards not just MOUTHING but ACTUALLY REMEBERING and FOLLOWING Grehen..
ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੱਬੀ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਪਣਾ, ਗਾਉਣਾ, ਧਿਆਉਣਾ, ਅਰਾਧਨਾ, ਸੇਵਨਾ, ਸਿਮਰਨਾ ਆਦਿ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਯਾਦ ਰੱਖਣਾ ਹੀ ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਇਉਂ ਵੀ ਸਮਝੀ ਜਾ ਸਕਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਜੇਕਰ ‘ਜਪਣ’ ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਬਾਰ-ਬਾਰ ਕੋਈ ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ ਦੁਹਰਾਉਂਦੇ ਰਹਿਣਾ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਦਿਨ-ਰਾਤ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਤਾਕੀਦ ਕੀਤੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ, ਉਹ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਸੰਭਵ ਹੈ?
ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਗਾਵਹੁ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤੀ ਸਫਲ ਏਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਾਰੀ ਜੀਉ।।
(ਪੰਨਾ 108) SGGS 108
ਗੁਣ ਗੋਪਾਲ ਗਾਈਅਹਿ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤੀ।।
(ਪੰਨਾ 194) SGGS 194
ਤਿਸੁ ਸੇਵੀ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਮੋਲੁ ਹੈ।।
(ਪੰਨਾ 422) SGGS 422

NO one can be mouthing kirtan day and night..BUT its possible to be FOLLOWING the GUNNS embodied in the Kirtan of Gurbani in our waking hours and sleeping hours

IF we take the Meaning of Japp to be parotting WAHEGURU..then what is the advice about the following tuks from SGGS ?
ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਦਿਨਸੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਜਾਨੁ ॥
(21)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ‘ਰਾਮ’ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੋ।​
ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਐ ਜਿਸ ਨਉ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਰਜਾਇ ॥3॥
(28)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਹਰਿ-ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੋ।​
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾਰੁ ॥
(29)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ‘ਕਰਤਾਰ’ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੋ।​
ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਰਵਿ ਰਹੈ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ॥
(32)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ‘ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ’ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੋ।​
ਨਿਰਮਲ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਸਦ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਅੰਤਰ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਤਾਹੀ ਜੀਉ ॥3॥
(598)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ‘ਨਿਰਮਲ’ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੋ।​
ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗੇ ॥3॥
(648)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ‘ਨਿਰਭਉ’ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੋ।​
ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਬਨਵਾਰੀ ॥
(1080)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ‘ਬਨਵਾਰੀ’ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੋ।​
ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਨੀਰਿ ਨਰਾਇਣ ॥
ਰਸਨਾ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਪਾਪ ਬਿਲਾਇਣ ॥
(867)​
ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਜਪੁ ਮੰਨ ਰੇ ॥
(1401)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਗੁਰੂ, ਗੁਰੂ ਜਪੋ।​
ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ॥
(670)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ‘ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ’ ਜਪੋ।​
ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰਾ ॥
(720)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਨਿਰੰਜਨ, ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਜਪੋ।​
ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਜਗੰਨਾਥ ॥
(1296)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਰਾਮ ਜਪੋ, ਜਗੰਨਾਥ ਜਪੋ।​
ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਗੋਬਿਦ ਮਾਧੋ ॥
(1297)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਜਪੋ, ਮਾਧੋ ਜਪੋ।​
ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰੁ ਪਰਧਾਨੁ ॥
(1337)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਪਰਮੇਸ਼ਰ ਜਪੋ, ਪ੍ਰਧਾਨ ਜਪੋ।​
ਜਪਉ ਜਿਨ ਅਰਜੁਨ ਦੇਵ ਗੁਰੂ ਫਿਰਿ ਸੰਕਟ ਜੋਨਿ ਗਰਭ ਨ ਆਯਉ ॥
(1409)
ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ੀ ਅਰਥ : ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜੁਨ ਦੇਵ ਨੂੰ ਜਪਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਸੰਕਟ, ਜੂਨਾਂ, ਗਰਭ ਵਿੱਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਉਂਦਾ।
Every Possible NAAM is given to be "Japped/Simraned"..except WAHEGURU !! The Last one is..to JAPP ARJUN DEV GURU..in order to escape REBIRTH !!
Its CLEAR that the LITERAL MEANINGS of Japp, Simran etc to mean "mouthing/parotting" are WRONG and out of context all over the Gurbani in SGGS.
What would a MUTE do about Japp/Simran ?? What would a Blind man do about writing Waheguru as aform of Japp/Simran ?? How would a DEAF/MUTE do simran ?? ARE all these EXCLUDED ? NO becasue they can all participate in the Real Japp/Simran IF they follow the advice of SGGS in applying the GUNNS of WAHEGURU.
What will the Japp/Simran advocates say baout Naam Simran of the above NAAMS of Creator say ?? Is that acceptable..and IF NOT why not ??
As a matter of Fact Guur nanak ji our Founder has already CLEARED this in japji Pauree 32
ਇਕ ਦੂ ਜੀਭੌ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਲਖ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਲਖ ਵੀਸ।।
ਲਖੁ ਲਖੁ ਗੇੜਾ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ।।
ਏਤੁ ਰਾਹਿ ਪਤਿ ਪਵੜੀਆ ਚੜੀਐ ਹੋਇ ਇਕੀਸ।।
ਸੁਣਿ ਗਲਾ ਆਕਾਸ ਕੀ ਕੀਟਾ ਆਈ ਰੀਸ।।
(ਜਪੁ, ਪਉੜੀ 32)
BILLIONS of TONGUES..and Billions of MOUTHINGS of the Naam are absolutley USELESS IF HIS GUNNS are left unattended by the wayside..not followed..not adopted adapted to our daily LIVES.
HAUMAII is NOT DRIVEN OUT by Mouthing/japping/simran of a word..its driven OUT by:
ਨਾਨਕ ਹੁਕਮੈ ਜੇ ਬੁਝੈ ਤਾ ਹਉਮੈ ਕਹੈ ਨ ਕੋਇ।।
(ਜਪੁ, ਪਉੜੀ 2) IF we OBEY HIS HUKM..Japji Paure 2..
IN FACT a persons HAUMAII will INCREASE due to his..I have done so many japps..simrans..I WROTE WAHEGURU a million times !!!
Another point about the word WAHEGURU in SGGS. Just as the Gurus and the Bhagats have given NEW MEANINGS to the already established Names like RAAM Gopal Hari, Niranjan etc to MEAN the AKAL PURAKH..the CREATOR..the BHATTS have used the WORD "GURU" established and used extensively by the GURUS from nanak Ji onwards...to mean a word of High Praise. The Tuks Japio jin Arjun dev "GURU" is an example. Thus when the Bhatt uses WAHE..GUR..WAHE GUR..WAHE GUR..and then WAHE JIO..he is elevating and stressing the word GUR. This is NOT ONE WORD (WAHEGURU)..WAHE and GUR shoudl be kept separate as is WAHE and JIO !! IF the First few WAHE+GUR are joined..why is WAHE+JIO left alone ?? Because then the mistake becomes obvious. The Word is NOT One word at all.
Another Vital question. Since all the FIVE GURU and ALL bahgats and Sheikh farid Ji and all the rest of the contributors of SGGS have NOT even mentioend WAHEGURU as a WORD/NAAM of Creator even ONCE..then DIDNT they JAPP/SIMMAR this so vital naam even ONCE in their Lives ?? we know this cannot be because the GURUS Lived IMMERSED in NAAM 24/7..so did the Bhagts farid Ji..etc etc..so why no mention of this all imporant SUPER DUPER naam of the creator ?? DID the GURUS keep on mouthing Waheguru waheguru ?? or did they Keep it a SECRET ??
Bhai Gurdass Ji says:
ਖਾਂਡ ਖਾਂਡ ਕਹੈ ਜਿਹਬਾ ਨ ਸਵਾਦੁ ਮੀਠੋ ਆਵੈ
ਅਗਨਿ ਅਗਨਿ ਕਹੈ ਸੀਤ ਨ ਬਿਨਾਸ ਹੈ ।
ਬੈਦ ਬੈਦ ਕਹੈ ਰੋਗ ਮਿਟਤ ਨ ਕਾਹੂ ਕੋ
ਦਰਬ ਦਰਬ ਕਹੈ ਕੋਊ ਦਰਬਹਿ ਨ ਬਿਲਾਸ ਹੈ ।
ਚੰਦਨ ਚੰਦਨ ਕਹਤ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੈ ਨ ਸੁਬਾਸੁ ਬਾਸੁ
ਚੰਦ੍ਰਦ੍ਰ ਚੰਦ੍ਰਦ੍ਰ ਕਹੈ ਉਜੀਆਰੋ ਨ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸ ਹੈ ।
ਤੈਸੇ ਗਿਆਨ ਗੋਸਟਿ ਕਹਤ ਨ ਰਹਤ ਪਾਵੈ
ਕਰਨੀ ਪ੍ਰਧਾਨ ਭਾਨ ਉਦਤਿ ਅਕਾਸ ਹੈ ॥
(ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ, ਕਬਿੱਤ 437)
Saying SUGAR SUGAR..cannot make us taste sweetness..
Saying FIRE FIRE doesnt amke us warm..
Saying DOCTOR DOCTOR wont make us well
Saying Chnadan Chandan doesnt make us smell sweet
Saying MOON MOON MOON wont brighten up the dark Nights
TALKING about GYAAN cannot serve us..and make us Gyanis

DOING...is PARAMOUNT.
Is there any need for any more clarity about the utter foolishness of SAYING SAYING SAYING...waheguru/raam/hari/niranjan etc etc. Can anyone HOPE to BECOME as/like WAHEGURU by just saying it...??multiple times a day..writing it ?? OR will he have to get off his butt and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!
Bhai Gurdass Ji again..
ਜੈਸੇ ਖਾਂਡ ਖਾਂਡ ਕਹੈ ਮੁਖਿ ਨਹੀ ਮੀਠਾ ਹੋਇ
ਜਬ ਲਗ ਜੀਭ ਸਵਾਦ ਖਾਂਡੁ ਨਹੀਂ ਖਾਈਐ ।
ਜੈਸੇ ਰਾਤ ਅੰਧੇਰੀ ਮੈ ਦੀਪਕ ਦੀਪਕ ਕਹੈ
ਤਿਮਰ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਜਬ ਲਗ ਨ ਜਰਾਈਐ ।
ਜੈਸੇ ਗਿਆਨ ਗਿਆਨ ਕਹੈ ਗਿਆਨ ਹੂੰ ਨ ਹੋਤ ਕਛੁ
ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਗੁਰ ਗਿਆਨ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ ।
ਤੈਸੇ ਗੁਰ ਕਹੈ ਗੁਰ ਧਿਆਨ ਹੂ ਨ ਪਾਵਤ
ਤਬ ਲਗੁ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਸ ਜਾਇ ਨ ਸਮਾਈਐ ॥
(ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ, ਕਬਿੱਤ 542)
Just as SAYING SUGAR wont bring taste of sweetness to our tongue..UNTIL the TONGUE EATS SUGAR !!
AS a dark night will not light up thru saying LIGHT LIGHT DEEPAK...UNTIL one gets UP and BRINGS IN A REAL LIGHTED LAMP...
Just as SAYING GYAAN GYAAN wont bring KNOWLEDGE..
SO SAYING "GURU" wont bring the GURU UNLESS you bring Him INTO DHYAAN and SERVE HIM..(follow what he says in PRACTISE)​
Simple Logic...IF my students could solve algebra by just saying ALGEBRA ALGEBRA..it woudl be so easy to teach maths.. IF I could become the Prime Minister by simply Saying Manmohan manmohan manmohan..it would be so easy..( Side Note: I think LK Advani said so many times..I am the NEXT PM of India...did the SAYING make him the PM ??)
Side Note: is Waheguru Happy to hear so many constantly calling His Naame ? IMHO the ONLY people who are happy to hear their own names called all the time are politicians like Badal, Gurdwara Parbhandaks..Pardhaan sahib Pardhaan sahib..Gyanis like Yours truly..Gyani ji..Gyani ji....etc..BUT the CREATOR is NOT IMPRESSED by such EMPTY and HOLLOW chaploosings (khushamedeen) PANDERINGS !! HE WANTS ACTION..HE DESIRES ACTION..that is why Guur nanak ji would always say..KIRT KARO...NAAM JAPPO...WAAND CHHAKO. ALL THREE ARE ACTION..not Passive in any sense of the word.
SIDE NOTE:\\Even IF..( its a huge IF)..even IF..waheguru is a Gurmantar..why did the GURU not give it in SGGS but left it to HIS MAMMA (Bhai Gurdass Ji) to DISCLOSE ?? Such a vital piece of information..Life and Death situation..and Guru ji leaves it all to his mama Ji to tell us in his vaars !!???? surprising ?? sure !! What else did the GURU leave out of SGGS ?? He did call it our PIO DADDEH DA KHAZANNAH didnt He ?? How did the CROWN JEWELS get left out ?? Admitted Bhai ji was agreat scholar..scribe of SGGS..and a lot more..BUT one thing he wasnt..He wasnt the GURU..Guru ji was Guru Nanak Ji Guru Arjun ji...Guru teg bahdur Ji..guru Gobind Singh ji.. IN GURMATT..relationships (even mamas and sons ) are not imporatnt..ONLY GUNNS..
SO is Bahi Gurdass Ji wrong ? NO..he has been misinterpreted.
What he really means is that the GURU..is the Epitome of all GYAAN...He KNOWS all about the CREATOR...and by PRAISING THE GURU (WAH GUR WAH GUR )..our HAUMAII will be destroyed...Praising is FOLLOWING in ACTION... Looking at the Vast GUNNS of the True GURU one comes into Wonder..Wah wah..one goes EMOTIONAL..Vismaad...and ONE becomes desirous of EMULATING the GURU..following his actions..do what he DOES...and so one loses ones Haumaii..hankaar..and becoems LIKE THE GURU.
Even looking at ordinary persons..we sometimes say WAH WAH...a good tabla player...a good badminton player..a good piano player..a good swimmer...and the Crowds go ENTHUSIASTIC..wah wah wah..LOOKING at the GURU..Brimming full of the Gunns from the creator..epitome of Humility..kindness..truthfullness..serenity..calmness..who wnt go ESTATIC..WAH GUR WAh GUR WAH GUR...EXACTLY what Bhai Gurdass ji describes and EXACTLY what the BHATTS DESCRIBE in SGGS. THEY were BOTH looking wonderstruck at the GUNNS of the GURU..and thru Him..the GUNNS of the CREATOR !!
When I see My beloved Guru HUGGING the downtrodden shudars that people avoided liek the plague...when I see mY beloved Guru sittign calmly on the Hot Plate and saying I blame no one..tera bhanna meetha laggeh..when i see my Guur taking care of the Lepers and the sick..i SAY WAHEGURU..unconsciously the WAHEGURU escapes my lips.. When I see My beloved Guru sacrificing his FOUR SONS right in front of his eyes..and when I see Paraksh Singh badal sacrificng PUNJAB to save his son...WAHEGURU escapes my LIPS !!
WAH GURU..when we accept and adopt and Follow the SACH GYAAN we are transformed into the KHALAS..the PURE..WAH GURU..by following your actions..GUNNS we OVERCOME the HUNAN FAILINGS..and achieve FATEH over Vikaars... WAH GURU ji ka KHALSA WAH GUR JI KI FATEH. ( Waheguru the Creator doesnt fight wars..doesnt win or lose..He has no need for any victories simply BECAUSE HE IS BOTH VICTOR and LOSER..HE is BOTH SIKH and MUGHAL...SGGS )
When we SIKHS rise above LITERAL MEANINGS...superficial meanings and DELVE DEEP into the DEEPER LAYERS of GURBANI/SGGS/GURU GYAAN..GURU HISTORY...and ADAPT our LIVES to FOLLOW...ONLY THEN will we ever achieve what the Gurus taught us. Superficial....actions result in superficial humans....SHALLOW humans RITUALISTIC HUMANS..going through the actions the motions....and achieving NOTHING.
No offense or malice towards none...:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::star:

Rupinder.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Mar 11, 2009
Brisbane Australia
Dear all,

Sat Sri akal g,

this topic is really worth a thought.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I understand from " Satnaam Waheguru"'

Sat..naam.....................................Truth is your(GOD) name
Wah..hey...Guru.............................O GOD you are great.

now if I write "Waheguru" only once or million times..its meaning is gonna remain the same to me..then why to waste time on writing it 1250000 times and why not to utilize fraction of that time to understand its meaning rather.

Moreover what is this number game, chanting 1250000 times, chanting 5000 times etc. what is there in numbers. By playing number game we rather change our goal from understanding shabad to meeting the target of numbers.

Regarding Seechewal BABA, I have read about him in news. This is what I think about him.

When he started he had a vision to do something good. He choose one, to clean up the Kali vein and its surroundings. But now, through lots of adverts, popularity, and awards it has turned into his obsession. He wants to achieve the target no matter if his acts are appreciated by anyone in minority or not. He is focussed on final outcome, which will give him even more popularity. My grandfather tells me "Leadership da nasha, saare nasheyan nalon vadh hunda hai". i.e. Leadership has the highest level of addiction capabilities of all drugs. And addiction of anything leads to wrong decision making.

If baba has forcibly acquired any minor's farmland to achieve his target, then it is his addiction to Leadership and lack of making right decision in this situation and thus diversion from his initial vision. In such initiatives, goals and visions change without any alarms. It looks similar thing happened with Baba too.

It also shows that Baba is a common man who is falling in these traps, and we don't expect a common man to be perfect and aware of these traps.

We all know "To err is human". So we should try to forgive him on this, and come up with an action plan if possible so that baba could be made aware to not fall in these wrong decision making in future.

Planting trees, donating blood, helping community, raising awareness, are some other things that we need to focus on these days. These days everyone is talking about environment, it is a good chance to get involved in these activities as a Sikh and earn respect, recognition and dignity for sikhism through "Service of humanity, environment and society".

PS: Baba is more known for being "Seechwala" than known for being a Sikh.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Rupinder Singh

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Here's something that I would like to add. It actually comes from Bhai Ram Singh Kathavachak
who did katha on the 7th/last day in Seremban 3 days ago.

He said, in a school, a classroom of students have one syllabus, one teacher, one homework, one test and one exam.
But some score 100%, some 90%, some 50% and some 30%. Why?
What is the difference caused by?

Secondly, he said, the students who score high marks will appreciate the teacher
and one who scores low marks will find faulty with the teacher, system and everything else.
................................................................................................................

Now I would like to ask you.
Will the results be the same for everyone who writes Waheguru 51,000 times?

If the answer is NO, then we should not stand in the way. Period.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Rupinder Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Well said, No one could have said it better. Sikhi is about actions not about writing one word thousands of time. The verses quoted by NamJap ji talks about writing about Ik Ong Kaar, which means planning things in life based on the tools given to us in SGGS, not just writing one word again and again. It is a total waste and it shows that we are ignoring the true message of SGGS, either due to our ignorance or arrogance or a bit of both.

Thanks & Regards

Tejwant Singh

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Bhai Gur Iqbal Singh ji is multifaceted, complex and a talented person with a lot of energy, organizing and marketing capabilities.

He travels tirelessly allover Punjab, India and abroad and has got his unique style of doing kirtan and Katha. He talks about social evils afflicting Punjab.

His Mata Kaula Trust is doing a lot of work for disadvantaged women. His trust brings out a well written bi monthly journal "Sifit Salah".

He had earlier organized Kirtan, Nitnem and Shabad recitation competetion among children.
Is writing waheguru 51000 times is waste of time and money? Well I do not know.
Maybe for some it is. Maybe for some it is a blissful experience. There cannot be a simple answer to that.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru
waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru
waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru
waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru
waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Narayanjot ji,

Mai ji (the ice cream eater
rolleyes.gif
)

Your lines of text are not even. Please start all over again.
ICECREAM.GIF
ICECREAM.GIF
ICECREAM.GIF
ICECREAM.GIF
ICECREAM.GIF

(I tired to copy/paste your comment and somehow, all those "waheguru'"s printed out. Somehow, I just couldn't bring myself to delete them.

Please see the heart and not the result.

Chardi kala! :ice:

Mai, TINK, CRf, TH, SICL

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Mai ji

You will have to do on paper then. :welcome: technology cannot be trusted. i know that you want to get full credit for all those waheguru's :}{}{}: only thing to do. :rofl!!:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
mai ji,

just how many ? and did you type them out individually ? is it the same in Gurmukhi ?
were you thinking about Waheguru...or concentrating on the alphabets of the keyboard..
I am two finger typist..so i have to look at the keys..although soemtimes the fingers are behind the mind..and one is quicker than the other..that is why so"e"..m the Left finger was quicker and typed the e before the right one touched M..result..error soem some !!
Good luck with more wahegurus...

BTW my neices are also going to SULTANPUR LODHI today to pass up their Copy books with 51,000 wahegurus written on them...their school "cancelled all homework for a week"..to enable the students to do this... imagine how much "homework" was cancelled all over Punjab ?? Maybe Guriqbal Singh should extend this project further to a Year long ongoing one so that students can spend a year extra in school...after all there isnt much employment anyway for them when they leave schools..so few years repeated wont do any damage.. he he.. My neices are in Std Five in Guru harkrishan Public School Sultanpur and they were so excited they phoned me early morning...writing Waheguru is so much fun..maths is so hard and boring..and English..so difficult..said the elder one..WAY TO GO...I told the proud dad...:welcome:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM