• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

1984 Anti-Sikh Pogrom Witness Relates Killing Of His Brothers In 1984 Riots

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
New Delhi: A witness on Tuesday related before a Delhi court, which is trying senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case, as to how his brothers were killed by a mob during the carnage.

"As soon as I entered that gali (alley), I saw one Sikh wrapped in a woollen shawl was running followed by a number of persons. I stopped there... The mob started beating him with rods and set him on fire. When the crowd melted a little, I went over there and I saw that he was my brother."

"I identified him as my brother Narender Pal Singh. I identified him by his watch," Jagsher Singh told Additional Sessions Judge Sunita Gupta.

Singh was being cross examined for the fifth day in a case relating to the riots that followed the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.

The cross examination of the witness remained inconclusive.

In his testimony on October 19, Singh had identified in the court Kumar as one who had allegedly provoked the mob to kill his brothers during the carnage.

43-year-old Singh is a cousin of complainant Jagdish Kaur whose husband Kehar Singh and a son were also killed during the riots.

Kaur had on July 3 identified Kumar and his nephew Khokkar and other accused Girdhari Lal and Captain Bhagmal as accomplices who had allegedly instigated mobs during the 1984 carnage.

CBI had filed two chargesheets against Kumar and others on January 13 in the riots cases registered in 2005 on the recommendation of the G T Nanavati Commission.

http://sify.com/news/witness-relate...-in-1984-riots-news-national-klcu4eggfic.html

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM