• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Why SPN Is The Greatest!

Why SPN is the BEST Sikh Forum Site

Exaggeration? Or modesty?…I’ll let you be the judge of that!

We are always nagging about how this forum needs to be changed (whether it’s constructive criticism or just plain criticism). I would like to change the tone for once and list the things I LIKE about this site…and anyone is free to make their own list!

I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS HERE ARE FREE THINKERS, MUCH MORE OPEN MINDED THAN SITES I HAVE RUN INTO IN THE PAST

THE MODERATORS ARE WELL READ, FARE AND VERY OPEN MINDED (WHICH MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE)

FREEDOM OF SPEECH TAKES PRESEDENCE. MEMBERS ARE NOT AFRAID TO ADDRESS ISSUES THAT MAY BE CONTRAVERSIAL.

THE MEMBERS ARE GENUINE. I HAVE A STRONG BELIEF THAT MOST PEOPLE, WHO DO POST ON THIS SITE, TRULY BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY. (WHICH MAY BE THE REASON DISAGREEMENT ARISES SO ROUTINELY..lol)

THE GREATEST OF ALL... INTOLERANCE IS NOT TOLERATED (MAY THIS STAY TRUE)

So, sincerely, I would like to thank the people that run this site and the members who keep this online community alive. May this site continue to enrich us all culturally, mentally, and yes, dare I say, “spiritually” (lol).

Cheers and Happy New Year to all!

Sinister

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sinister ji

Your decision to go for a change of tone is a good decision for the end of the year - a time for reflection - Thanks for the opportunity to reflect.

This is the only Sikh forum I belong to. I do belong to a social network, Universal Mind, but there we are very focused on study of the Shabad -- kind of an Sikhism Special Topics Seminar.

What do I like about SPN?

EVEN WHEN MEMBERS ARE HOT UNDER THE COLLAR, THEY ARE SINCERE. THEY CARE ABOUT SIKHISM.

CYNICISM IS RARE. RUDENESS IS ALMOST NON-EXISTENT. A BETTER FORUM THAN MANY PROFESSIONAL CIRCLES THAT FILL MY DAYS.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A SIKH? THIS QUESTION IS ALWAYS IN THE BACKGROUND OF EVERY DISCUSSION, DEBATE, THREAD, POST, EVEN WHEN NOT STATED ALOUD. When you are a new Sikh, someone has to show you how many different ways there are to answer the question.

OPEN MINDS AND A DESIRE TO LEARN GO HAND IN HAND. CAN'T HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER. THE FORUM FOSTERS THIS.

EACH DEBATE IS A REASON TO DO A LITTLE MORE RESEARCH AND STRETCH ONESELF TO UNDERSTAND YET MORE.

DISAGREEMENTS ARE USUALLY CIVIL. THE OTHER POINT OF VIEW IS A CHALLENGE. THAT IS HOW I BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND MY OWN POINT OF VIEW. DISAGREEMENT IS A GIFT.

Why SPN is the BEST Sikh Forum Site

Exaggeration? Or modesty?…I’ll let you be the judge of that!

We are always nagging about how this forum needs to be changed (whether it’s constructive criticism or just plain criticism). I would like to change the tone for once and list the things I LIKE about this site…and anyone is free to make their own list!

I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS HERE ARE FREE THINKERS, MUCH MORE OPEN MINDED THAN SITES I HAVE RUN INTO IN THE PAST

THE MODERATORS ARE WELL READ, FARE AND VERY OPEN MINDED (WHICH MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE) Thanks on behalf of all of us.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH TAKES PRESEDENCE. MEMBERS ARE NOT AFRAID TO ADDRESS ISSUES THAT MAY BE CONTRAVERSIAL. This is a freedom that is always in danger. And if it is not nourished is withers to nothing.

THE MEMBERS ARE GENUINE. I HAVE A STRONG BELIEF THAT MOST PEOPLE, WHO DO POST ON THIS SITE, TRULY BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY. (WHICH MAY BE THE REASON DISAGREEMENT ARISES SO ROUTINELY..lol) They are.

THE GREATEST OF ALL... INTOLERANCE IS NOT TOLERATED (MAY THIS STAY TRUE) This is the best thing.

So, sincerely, I would like to thank the people that run this site and the members who keep this online community alive. May this site continue to enrich us all culturally, mentally, and yes, dare I say, “spiritually” (lol). Thank you for keeping "spirit" alive.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all!

Sinister

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
BECAUSE I GET MAILED FREE ROTI DAILY..

What, its an idea guys...

But seriously, the disscussions are in depth and all my answers are adequately answered, and i also get answers from various viewpoints - which is good for reflection.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
SPN is Best

because it is

1)Unbiased

2)It does not promote view of any specific sikh organisation

3)You can find best debates on sikhism on this site with inputs from very knowledgable persons

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
SPN is even better than Yahoo Answers because you are NOT LIMITED TO one posting only. SPN is a Learning Zone of the 7th Kind.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Cheers with the Panj Pyare!!!!

Waheguru, waheguru, waheguru Ji.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Like for all good things we do not find reasons we enjoy....may be SPN falls in that category. I simply enjoy being here....
Cheers to moderators and administrator.

Aug 28, 2010
I like the exchange of views wherein the participants really seem to be invoved.
The viewers are positive and responsive.SPN moderators and Admiinistator are doing thei job well ,try thier best to keep the required decorum of the Forum.
Personally I have learnt a lot new coming on to this Forum.Here one is able to present views without fear.
Although I have very limited area of participation but I love the Forum.
May HARi ji be the guide for all Patrons and participants.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Jul 14, 2011
What I love, is that as new Sikh, SPN has been there to answer my early questions, to expose my thinking to new ideas, and to give me the resources to grow in Sikhi. I also love how this forum encourages interfaith dialogue. We are quite lucky to have such a great place!peacesign

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM