• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Why Not Halal Meat?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Can anyone please clear this matter with me:
Why halal meat is not allow in Sikh religion?
me, the ignorant

Its no only Halal meat but any sacrificed meat. This would include Kosher and even Bali (which is a Hindu sacrifice). All these forms of slaughter have one thing in common and that is sacrifice in the name of God or to God. According to Sikhism, God requires no such appeasement or sacrifice.

The term Sikhs use for ritual purification id "Kuttha".​

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Exact and aptly put Randip singh jio.
There is no anti-muslim "bias" implied in this rule of "no hallal". This rule applies equally to all sacrificial rituals of all religions as Gurmatt doesnt beleive in sacrifice to appease. We ask His Wish be done/His Approval and Thanks for the food He provides.
2. Guru nanak ji also declares that "Praya Haak - other's rights is what is really HARAM (not Hallal). To a Muslim eating the meat of the PIG and to a Hindu the meat of a Cow would be equivalent of Taking/grabbing ones neighbours haak/rightful property etc.
Today ( also during Guru nanak Jis time ) Many seemingly holy and faithful muslims/pandits/kazis/mullahs/brahmins etc etc would abstain very VISIBLY and VIGOROUSLY from..Beef or PORK....BUT never even think twice about grabbing anothers land/cheat/rob/give false wittness/steal/commit adultery/rape/murder/pillage etc. Guur nank Ji saw this HYPOCRICY and spoke out strongly at this...Rajeh Sheehn Mukaddam kutteh... the Kings are Lions and their Adminstrators are DOGS..the Kazis take bribes and give out distorted judgements...the Pandits eat hallal meat of the muslims and call them malechhas/dirty/unclean behind their backs..etc etc. in front of them they speak their language F{censored}e/Persian/Arabic.proudly to show off..BUT then.. call it abakhiyah ( bad/uncean/ungodly langauge) in private !!!

Regards

Gyani jarnail Singh

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Probably it's just a matter of practice. Practise it over and over again and we get good at it. It's not so much about good or bad, but where in gurbani does it mention that it is ok to own animals and over use them for profit ?
Why did Guru Nanak write asankh moorakh..... pauri - maybe because he had nothing else to do.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Why did Guru Nanak write asankh moorakh..... pauri - may be because he had nothing else to do.

Kindly quote full paudi for the general understanding of all. U are missing the context friend.

What is that u mean by that is highlighted?

We all do expect a bare minimal respect for Guru sahibs.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Probably it's just a matter of practice. Practise it over and over again and we get good at it. It's not so much about good or bad, but where in gurbani does it mention that it is ok to own animals and over use them for profit ?
Why did Guru Nanak write asankh moorakh..... pauri - maybe because he had nothing else to do.

Sikh80 ji,

When NamJap wrote the comments above, I think he was speaking with a little bit of irony. Individuals can become deaf, dumb and blind to their own behavior because of doing things repeatedly without awareness. And if you or I or anyone were to call this to their attention they would say "Are your Crazy, Who Me, Are Your Talking to Me?" All because they, we, I, all are subject to fall into patterns of thought and behavior. Over time, one begins to see this as normal and excusable. That is why rituals get confused with ethics, morality, spiritual growth. With a ritual one has taken care of things, and with rituals one does not have to be aware. There is only the burden of the ritual, and that is that. When the ritual is complete, a person can rest his brains and heave a sigh of relief. All done! Rituals instead of awareness make life easier and take away the burden of looking inward and feeling guilt. They have a certain efficiency about them.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
One might have seen Shrek where the donkey (Eddie Murphy's Dubbed voice) plays the part in enhancing the humour. I wonder what Guru Nanak's response would be after seeing this video:-

YouTube - Donkey Lift

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I like that flag!!! It is totally cool.

NamJap ji,

My own opinion, from glimpses every now and then, in the Bani of Guru Nanak and also the stories of his life is this. Guru Nanak had a BIG sense of humor. His humor is not about making fun of people or laughing like a braying donkey -- a very quick wit that saw the absurdities of life. This is what draws me to him again and again. He would have figured SPN in a second and told us right from wrong with wit and kindness.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Kindly quote full paudi for the general understanding of all. U are missing the context friend.

What is that u mean by that is highlighted?

We all do expect a bare minimal respect for Guru sahibs.

Guru Nanak's bani is our Guru, not his personality, physical self nor his other opinions. So you may ask, then why bother wondering about his opinion ? Good question - but sorry I beat you to it, Sikh80 because I asked the question not you. :thumbup: and my answer to my question would be - should wonder what a friend, companion like Guru Nanak would think after seeing the donkey lift video - he would simply point the asankh moorakh pauri to me.
Others might disagree - so if you disagree, then would it mean that Guru Nanak, the individual human being would have written another verse ? Even if he did, that verse wouldn't be our Guru as it isn't likely to appear in SGGS.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aad Ji,

Only a few would understand why I made that daring comment. What you've expressed comes close what my heart wants to say. More can be added to your rationale and more individuals would want to say things they never attempted before.
On the other hand, more can be said by phrasing a quote like a wisdom note in place of a long lecture.
Buddhism existed before Guru Nanak came into the picture.

ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ
आदि सचु जुगादि सचु ॥
Āḏ sacẖ jugāḏ sacẖ.
True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.
ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥੧॥
है भी सचु नानक होसी भी सचु ॥१॥
Hai bẖī sacẖ Nānak hosī bẖī sacẖ. ||1||
True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

True Guru existed before Guru Nanak - true means timeless and unchanging. See what some Buddhists share with us.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest achievement is selflessness. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest worth is self-mastery. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest quality is seeking to serve others. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest precept is continual awareness. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest magic is transmuting the passions. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest generosity is non-attachment. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest patience is humility. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest effort is not concerned with results. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances." Atisha.[/FONT]
pixbul1.gif
[FONT=arial,helvetica]"If you live the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion." Lin-Chi.[/FONT]
pixbul1.gif
[FONT=arial,helvetica]"Aware of the suffering caused by the destruction of life, I vow to cultivate compassion and learn ways to protect lives of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I am determined not to kill, not to let others kill, and not to condone any killing in the world, in my thinking, and in my way of life.” Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh.[/FONT]
pixbul1.gif
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Swiss 911 Extra Compressed BT]"When the mind begins to become still, we then begin to truly see it. When you first try to stabilize and pacify the mind, initially it will become very busy because it’s not accustomed to being still. In fact, it doesn’t even necessarily want to become still, but it is essential to get a hold of the mind to recognize its nature. This practice is extremely important. ... [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Swiss 911 Extra Compressed BT]Eventually you will find yourself in a state where your mind is clear and open all the time. It is just like when the clouds are removed from the sky and the sun can clearly be seen, shining all the time. This is coming close to the state of liberation, liberation from all traces of suffering. ... The truth of this practice is universal. It isn’t necessary to call it a religion to practice it. Whether one is a Hindu or a Moslem or a Christian or a Buddhist simply doesn’t matter. Anyone can practice this because this is the nature of the mind, the nature of everyone’s mind. If you can get a handle on your mind, and pacify it in this way, you will definitely experience these results, and you will see them in your daily life situation. There is no need to put this into any kind of category, any kind of "ism." Venerable Gyatrul Rinpoche[/FONT][/FONT]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Swiss 911 Extra Compressed BT]There is no need to put this into any kind of category, any kind of "ism."

Sometimes it is hard to move outside of the boundaries of our personal path, just for a moment, to see what others have to say. When we do step into our neighbor's house to listen we are not leaving Sikhi our own house behind. Above the Venerable Rinpoche is speaking to everyone in plain language. Suffering is all around us, and inside us. The idea -- to see the mind as it is so that we can do better in this life or in the next -- that is not an alien thought in Sikhism. And that is why Guruji speaks in an entire hymn about the destruction of Lahore. His guidance was/is very much the same. If you wish to play this game of love with me........
[/FONT][/FONT]

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
All jio

Please visit a close by slaughter house in U.S. and witness how animals are abused in numbers before slaughtering by meat industry just for money. Some thing goes deep in the heart to see that, many if not all, will forget about this industry, scene is heart piercing. All the same, choice is yours.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Guur Paiayre PK70 jio,

ETEE Maar payee kurlanneh tenkee DARD na iayah ?? the Dard is there..so much cruelty going on in this world...but we cant run away and abandon it..got to stay like the kamal on the chhaparr...live in it and above it as well. Regards

Gyani jarnail Singh

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
I like that flag!!! It is totally cool.

Hi Aaa2000,

U like the flag?? :)
That flag was inspired by the United States of America flag.
We all call it as 'jelur gemilang' with the red and white stripes.
"Merdeka" we all proudly shout, but those who born on the very soil, can never call themselves as the-people-of-the-land.
The land religion shall never question at all. It's against all laws. Thus if you get trap with their girls/boys, you are finished! One can never be a Singh or a Kaur anymore.

Unique. Very unique indeed.

Nampjap may know better about the matter.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
A mouse trap,
one way street,
once into Islam,
always into Islam,
The shariya has the final say
while the civil courts keeps mum
Dhimmi Watch in Malaysia
and we never even knew it
Ever asked why your Passport has an A alphabet
while a Malay's passport has a B alphabet before the number ?
It looks like B stands for Bumi-Putra or Sons of the Soil and
A stands for Asing the Dhimmitude the lesser citizens

Dhimmi Watch: Malaysia: Parents question no ‘non-halal’ food in school order

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Ever asked why your Passport has an A alphabet
while a Malay's passport has a B alphabet before the number ?
It looks like B stands for Bumi-Putra or Sons of the Soil and
A stands for Asing the Dhimmitude the lesser citizens

You are alive namjap. Great.

Truly...I never knew about that Passport thingy.
I will check on it.
Nice to be made aware of that.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap,

It is still a very nice flag. The moon and the star tell that it is the flag of an Islamic state. I didn't check google. Just liked the flag. It is very handsome. Now you have explained that the flag flies over some very painful realties.

But now you have changed your avatar, and I like that one too.

Please do not be offended.

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Dear Aaad that flag is a facade, just as celebrated theme: "M. truly Asia".

With this flag we are encouraged and even to the point of forced to fly it at least once a year to show how patriotic we are. Failing to salute it would condamn us as being unpatriotic and ungradeful to the nation.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
<<<<<<<<<<<Guru Nanak's bani is our Guru, not his personality, physical self nor his other opinions. So you may ask, then why bother wondering about his opinion ? Good question - but sorry I beat you to it, Sikh80 because I asked the question not you.
THUMBUP.GIF
and my answer to my question would be - should wonder what a friend, companion like Guru Nanak would think after seeing the donkey lift video - he would simply point the asankh moorakh pauri to me.
Others might disagree - so if you disagree, then would it mean that Guru Nanak, the individual human being would have written another verse ? Even if he did, that verse wouldn't be our Guru as it isn't likely to appear in SGGS.>>>>>>>.

Frankly speaking, namjap ji, i could not make out an iota of the above post; My poor english. You need not answer it though. I shall pick up english with time only.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM