• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Is Sikhism The Best Religion?

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Sikhism is a fine and upstanding religion because it does not allow modern day politics into its inner sanctum, it remains unaffected like the komal lotus by social diseases, fashions and market trends towards debauchery and anarchy in the false cause of free will. It has strong family values and focuses attention upon ones the fulfilling of one’s household responsibilities and community ties. It is a Love inspired faith with scriptures written in beautiful poetry and prose. It builds a path toward spiritual enlightenment and self sufficiency whilst remaining integral with ones role and part in the world. It is a patriarchal religion focused upon mothers and daughters and the sacred spousal relationship. It encourages daily morning recitation knowing the words, thoughts and deeds of the first morning light remain and attune the individual for the duration of the day. {Alarm clocks are bad for the health one should arise naturally to Bani playing on ones player}. It dwells and encourages purity of the intellect, of the body and the spirit and keeping good if not saintly company to build and reinforce ones character and values – A faith, belief system or religion is as good as its adherents upholding of its core values.

There in writing a description of the religion I fall in love with it again and reminded of my privelege and good fortune to be installed as a small part of this faith, such is the beauty of daily prayer ...

:shy: :Missy:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sikhi is not a religion but a way of life. Religions are based on dogmas which claim that theirs the only way to reach IK ONG KAAR. Dogmas teach cans and can nots which are based on external imposition, where as Sikhi- the way life teaches wills and will nots which is based on internal manifestations.

Dogmas impose meaningless rituals on people promising them hell or heaven depending how the rituals are performed. All religions that are based on Hell and Heaven are fear, hatred and anger based where as Sikhi, being a way of life is LOVE based.

Sikhi creates internal manifestations which breeds love like the blossoming of a flower which happens from the within. No one can pry open the petals.

Christanity has hundreds of thousands of different denominations and each claim to love Jesus more or rather to have a better way to reach Jesus than the others. Same goes for many other religions.

Let people who belong to these dogmatic religions argue which is the best among them which may also make some claim to only have the email address to God.

In the mean time let us, as Sikhs keep on building the foundations of human ethics - the cornerstone of breeding goodness within, as are taught to us by our Gurus in SGGS, the only email address a Sikh needs.

Tejwant Singh

Stop kidding :)

Guru Nanak,Sikhism and sikhs are three independent terms in this world today i have respect for the first one which stood for truth and justice at all times through all stages and against all oppressors but the second and third are rotten from inside they are not the same they used to be infact every religion has changed considerably except the few new religious organisation which are formed newly actually time destroys everything religion prophets and every thing is destroyed by the tides of time but it cannot destroy the teachings of a great man like Guru Nanak,Hazrat mohammed and others because truth is God which is indestructible.

better than finding which religion is best we must stand togather to understand that we are all one and we must have one way to God that is through devotion.

we all die but return one day bodies decay but souls live;)

Can you tell me the difference between Guru Nanak Dev ji and Sikhi. Then tell me the difference between a True Sikh and Sikhi and Guru Nanak Dev ji.

Will be waiting for your answers!!!!!!

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Stop kidding :)
Guru Nanak,Sikhism and sikhs are three independent terms in this world today i have respect for the first one which stood for truth and justice at all times through all stages and against all oppressors but the second and third are rotten from inside
we all die but return one day bodies decay but souls live;)

What one perceives is assessed by the purity of one’s own heart and mind. The one imbued with Love and Virtue observes the Guru’s light where they find Gods devout followers of truth and peace. Zealots utilising the sacred teachings for their own personal agenda should take their anger out on their politicians or write to their local press office. I endeavour not to bring any other issues than the spiritual path but the hatred of others seeps in and battle again resumes.

Indeed not all Sikhs are equals, some rise above such trifling worldly matters, others exploit their association with religion for personal interest and enhancement. I correct this where I find it and suggest any deviations from the spiritual path found in any Sikh member be taken up with the person concerned.

Earlier today a senior on this forum displayed what can only be regarded as shocking tactile behaviour. Women are as respect worthy or as vile as their upbringing and substance or lack of it. Men are as compassionate and reasonable as the nurturing and treatment they have received at the hands of women. Religions are as strong and true as the adherent’s ability to uphold the honour of their pastoral sustenance and benefaction of truth. It is a common problem in most walks of life and all religions.

Power, if only a little empower tends to corrupt minions who have not earnt it by merit but by ingratiating themselves and bow towing. Such persons indeed apply such cunning devices as to bring demerit and undue criticism upon an otherwise perfect religion, power corrupt the weak minded who abuse it and dishearten good souls of their faith.

I find the prose of SGGS as inspiring and comforting in my times of trials. Yes there are times when each word cuts my wounds as salt upon an injury, but that is my state of mind than any flaw in scriptural truths, I find.

We will move out of this state of Kalyug and warring soon, and the era of SatYug, of light and peace will dawn upon a thinking and free spirited world community ... WaheGuru Ji.

Salam singh sahab,

Guru Nanak was a philosopher,sikhi to my understanding was his philosophy and sikhism is a religion that is practical use of his philosophy.

what do you mean by a true sikh when sikhs are not clear about what does a sikh mean how then you expect a person like me to comment on what a true sikh is and sikhism is not formed by all true sikhs.:swordfight:

Who said Sikhism is a religion? When one says Sikhi or Sikhism it means the same thing. Please don't give me a text book definition to Sikhism. Then you might aswell call this a closed case. Guru Nanak Dev ji was some what of a Philosopher, but that does not describe Guru Nanak Dev ji completely. Guru Nanak Dev ji was/is the Guru who holds the truth in the palm of his hands. Guru Nanak Dev ji is not separate from Sikhi/Sikhism. Guru Nanak Dev ji is united with Sikhi/Sikhism.

Also I only put TrueSikh donw to stress Sikh. There is no difference between TrueSikh and Sikh. They both mean the samething. Also there is no difference between a Sikh and Sikhi; they are one and the same. Calling yourself a Sikh is different from actually being one. Same goes with calling yourself Guru is different from actually being one. The dual is over.

Mar 1, 2009
vaheguruseekr ji

Sikhi is not a religion but a way of life.
True i agree with you.

Dogmas teach cans and can nots which are based on external imposition, where as Sikhi- the way life teaches wills and will nots which is based on internal manifestations
The difference between "cans and can nots" and "wills and will nots". Would you please throw some light on this and do give examples.
And sikhism does have many dogmas.
I wont speak of them, before you explain me the above qouted text.

May be i misunderstood something.

Brother Guru Nanak was a mortal man who died years ago and who no more exists only his philosophy exists to guide us all you cannot deny the truth im not forcing my thinking on yours and you are not allowed even to try subjecting my thinking will you call a river different from its water ofcourse you will
althought river doesnt exist without water but even when the river ends water exists and flows out try to get it and you will get it.philosphy and philosopher has the same relation.

khuda hafiz:shy:

I respect your opinion but its as nothing to do with Guru Nanak Dev ji. First I'm not talking about a river. I'm talking about the ocean. A river has a end and a beginning and a ocean doesn't. See from where your standing on this topic, and im sorry to say is in a narrow river with an end. Like a drop of water falls into the ocean and then becomes the ocean is what Guru Nanak Dev ji is. You can't tell them apart.

When you look at a river like you said from the outside it looks different from the water. True the water is infinite and the river is limited. But Guru Nanak Dev ji was not the river. Guru Nanak Dev ji was the droplet of water that became the ocean. The river to him was of little concern. River for Guru Nanak Dev ji was a temporary matter and once the river vanished the water droplet became the Ocean.

Guru Nanak Dev ji was not his body. Sure his body perished, but Guru Nanak Dev ji is beyond just being the body. If you read Gurbani this will become evident to you. Like i said before there is no difference between Guru Nanak Dev ji and Sikhi. Instead of trying to be his body, like most of the world. Guru Nanak Dev ji became Sikhi; the truth without beginning without end the one that last forever and ever.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Shazaad Bajwa ji,

Guru fateh.

Just a couple of questions out of curiosity.

Are you a Muslim?

Were your ancestors at anytime Hindus or Sikhs?

If they were, when did they convert to Islam and why?

I know lots of people who are Muslims now but were Hindus or Sikhs and were forced to convert to Islam because for some reasons they could not flee to India during the partition.

There are a lot of Bajwas in India who are either Hindus or Sikhs.

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

May 24, 2008
Brother Guru Nanak was a mortal man who died years ago and who no more exists only his philosophy exists to guide us all you cannot deny the truth im not forcing my thinking on yours and you are not allowed even to try subjecting my thinking will you call a river different from its water ofcourse you will althought river doesnt exist without water but even when the river ends water exists and flows out try to get it and you will get it.philosphy and philosopher has the same relation.

khuda hafiz:shy:

Shahzaad Ji,
I suppose u r a Muslim Punjabi Jatt ( probabely a Pakistani ) .Welcome on this forum which is probabely the most liberal of all Hindu, Muslim , Sikh sites u'll find anywhere . We all have the same ancestory . Can u kindly spell out briefly as to what u percieve as Guru Nanak Dev Ji's PHILOSOPHY is ?

Mar 26, 2006
being Sikh is about being just a being ready to help another being in need ..ritualism has certainly crept in ..but is that the essence ? NO

Brother individual philosophy is water out of river as there are many rivers there are many philosophers but the final truth and the reality is the ocean and that is where the difference in individual philosophies end and all of them become one after all ever river ends at the ocean.

Guru Nanak lives today in his philosophy and ideas and as per his ideology great and God loving souls become one with the lord where is Guru Nanak today?he is gone brother he is no more like every other saint he is no more why bcz he was a human and humans have their own limits.

Mr. Bajwa, if you are going to talk about Guru Nanak Dev ji then take the time to read Gurbani. To what you are saying and what Guru Nanak Dev ji has written do not match at all. You call the Truth he attained just philosophy. Maybe to you thats all it is, but to Sikhs it is the absolute Truth. Once again the river, the body was just a temporary thing and was of little concern to Guru Nanak Dev ji and his successors. Guru Nanak Dev ji paid full devotion to the Ocean; God. Guru Nanak Dev ji lives with us today as the Shabad Guru. Yes Guru Nanak Dev ji united with the Lord who has no limit and to be united with the Lord means Guru Nanak Dev ji crushed the limits into bits and attained the status as the Lord. Once you become united with the Lord there is no difference between you and the Lord; you are one and the same.

We can discuss this back and forth, but it wont do us any good so im ask you for evidence that Guru Nanak Dev ji was just an human and his ideology was just his ideology.

being Sikh is about being just a being ready to help another being in need ..ritualism has certainly crept in ..but is that the essence ? NO

I and many others will agree with me that being a Sikh is not just about being ready to help another being. There is more to it than just this. Also are you speaking about a specific ritual that was discussed on this thread or just generally speaking that some people that follow Sikhi/Sikhism practice rituals?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Brother vaheguruseekr i cannot recall all those bad times in my mind once again that really makes me feel help less my grandpa must be a strong man who went under all such conditions but never blamed or cursed anyone but im not that strong emotions kill me sorry i hope you understand.

Shazaab Bajwa,

Guru Fateh.

I respect your sentiments. I am glad you like and admire the philosophy laid by Guru Nanak which is idea based not personality based as is the case of most of the religions including Islam which claims one can only seek Allah through Islam, Which makes Allah exclusive to Islam rather than ONE SOURCE OF ALL as Guru Nanak said - IK ONG KAAR. And if one is not a Muslim then he/she is a kafeer, hence either be converted or killed, which again is opposite to the philosophy of Guru Nanak and contradicts ONE GOD concept.

We will discuss that at later point after I have learnt things about Islam from you.

1.Can you please give me the writings in the Holy Koran which were written by Mohammed?

2.Did anyone else write in the Holy Koran except him?

3.If yes, then who were they?

4.When was Koran written and did Mohameed write all of it by himself?

5.How many languages was he fluent in so he could understand other religions and their scriptures that were also prevelant during his time like Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism?

Only by understanding each other's way of life we can learn from each other and I hope to learn a lot from you.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Mar 26, 2006
Bhai Shazaad ji..i understand there might be some pain inside you ..about what you or your family might have gone through ....i understand its difficult for you...if u r able to share your pain ..which perhaps might relieve you ..its ok for us...and it would be a learning for many of us here ...

Its perfectly fine if u dont practice any religion ..but u still wanted to be a Sikh ..i just got confused can u explain ?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I am under inquisition? i dont give a damn to religion but still i will give answers to my best

i have never read koran.

Hazrat sahib narrated the koran to his wife he was not at all educated he was illiterate
the quran was given a written form much later than the religious leaders claim it to be.

I never said im a muslim and plz dont force me to wail out loudly my tragic story here. I dont follow any religion any way of life or any prophet in simple words i hate religion thank you.

Shazaad,

Guru Fateh.

I did not mean to offend you in anyway. I am sorry if you felt like that. You mentioned, if I understand correctly about your grandfather and I presumed, correct me if I am wrong that he converted to Islam.

You also did mention about Mohammed in your couple of posts so I thought you knew about Islam.

The main objective of this forum is to have an interaction so we can know each other by expressing what we are and how we feel about that.

Now I am a bit puzzled by your reaction.

We are here to listen to you, no matter how painful things may been in the past for you.

So please do not feel offended. As you have the right to praise Guru Nanak and find something wrong with Sikhs and Sikhi so does everyone else about others. We should give the same opportunity to others as we want it to be given to us.

Thanks and Regards and once again, no offense intended.

Tejwant Singh

Mar 1, 2009
Shazad bajwaa ji

i dont give a damn to religion

I like your spirit. Even i hate religions, i hate all forms of organized groups. I like individuals, i love individuality. Groups to me are very ugly. Because we were never born in groups, we were born individuals. But the societies and the religions always are against individuality, because if people are simply individuals, then it would be impossible for the religions and and political groups to manipulate them.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM