• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why God Made Mothers ! - May 10 Is Mother's Day

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
WHY GOD MADE MOTHERS ! ( May 10 is Mother's Day )

By the time the Lord made mothers, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An Angel appeared and said "Why are you spending so much time on this one"?

And the Lord answered and said, "Have you seen the spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have 200 movable parts, all replaceable, run on black coffee and leftovers, have a lap that can hold three children at one time and that disappears when she stands up, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart, and have six pairs of hands."

The Angel was astounded at the requirements for this one. "Six pairs of hands! No Way!", said the Angel.
The Lord replied, "Oh, it's not the hands that are the problem. It's the three pairs of eyes that mothers must have!"
"And that's just on the standard model?" the Angel asked.

The Lord nodded in agreement, "Yep, one pair of eyes are to see through the closed door as she asks her children what they are doing even though she already knows. Another pair in the back of her head, are to see what she needs to know even though no one thinks she can. And the third pair are here in the front of her head. They are for looking at an errant child and saying that she understands and loves him or her without even saying a single word."

The Angel tried to stop the Lord. "This is too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish."
"But I can't!" The Lord protested, "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she's sick AND can feed a family of six on a pound of hamburger and can get a nine year old to stand in the shower. "

The Angel moved closer and touched the woman, "But you have made her so soft, Lord."
"She is soft," the Lord agreed, "but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."
"Will she be able to think?", asked the Angel.

The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason, and negotiate."
The Angel then noticed something and reached out and touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak with this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak." The Lord objected. "That's a tear!"
"What's the tear for?" the Angel asked.
The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her disappointment, her pain, her loneliness, her grief, and her pride."
The Angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything; for mothers are truly amazing!"

~by Erma Bombeck~

Attachments

• godmom-4a.jpg
    godmom-4a.jpg
    9 KB · Reads: 431

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
In my opinion Mothers
God didn’t consult any one about His creation; no one could guide Him in this complex process; mothers are inseparable part of continuity of His creation, mothers are His medium to nourish the new ones to install in its creation. Through mother God teaches the world about care, compassion and sacrifice. In His creation, nothing is extra or less; however, there are some having very vital importance, mother is one of them.:idea:

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
I'd fail with words for my mother.. Time and again she made me realize how wonderful Guru Sahib Ji is... i'd look up at her all awed when she'd say "These tears are precious, don't shed them... Only shed them for Satguru Ji!!! "

I feel every mother is very very special .. May Satguru Ji bless everyone with mothers!!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I sent this to every secretary in the office. They are all the mothers of at least one chlld. They all work 40 hours a week at wages that are embarrassingly low wages just for the tuition benefit for their kids, or to send them to a good high school. Then they go home and keep house, cook, take care of elderly parents, calm angry husbands, keep family life organized and act as cab drivers for their children and their children's friends in all the spare time they have left.

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
you can still meet your mother with your thoughts & rememrence,
MOTHER IS MOTHER STILL THE HOLIEST THING ALIVE.
The bodies die not the souls.
when you remember your mother' words she comes to you. she is always with you .
we should remember our mother not only on MOTHERS DAY , but everyday.

kiram

SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
i MISS my mother..she passed away on MOTHERS DAY...May 10th, 1995. So many years have passed..BUT the VOID she left in my heart is still as deep as ever...

Gyani Ji hope you find peace and happiness here :

ਪਉੜੀ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਮਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲਕ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਸਾਰ ਕਰੇ ਹਮ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਬਾਲਕ ਸਹਜੇ ਸਹਜਿ ਖਿਲਾਇਦਾ ਨਹੀ ਕਰਦਾ ਆਲਕ ਅਉਗਣੁ ਕੋ ਚਿਤਾਰਦਾ ਗਲ ਸੇਤੀ ਲਾਇਕ ਮੁਹਿ ਮੰਗਾਂ ਸੋਈ ਦੇਵਦਾ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਤਾ ਸੁਖਦਾਇਕ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਰਾਸਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਨੁ ਸਉਪਿਓਨੁ ਇਸੁ ਸਉਦੇ ਲਾਇਕ ਸਾਝੀ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਲਿ ਬਹਾਲਿਆ ਸਰਬ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਇਕ ਮੈ ਨਾਲਹੁ ਕਦੇ ਵਿਛੁੜੈ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਤਾ ਸਭਨਾ ਗਲਾ ਲਾਇਕ ॥੨੧॥
Pa▫oṛī. Har jī māṯā har jī piṯā har jī▫o parṯipālak. Har jī merī sār kare ham har ke bālak. Sėhje sahj kẖilā▫iḏā nahī karḏā ālak. A▫ugaṇ ko na cẖiṯārḏā gal seṯī lā▫ik. Muhi mangāʼn so▫ī ḏevḏā har piṯā sukẖ▫ḏā▫ik. Gi▫ān rās nām ḏẖan sa▫opi▫on is sa▫uḏe lā▫ik. Sājẖī gur nāl bahāli▫ā sarab sukẖ pā▫ik. Mai nālahu kaḏe na vicẖẖuṛai har piṯā sabẖnā galā lā▫ik. ||21||

Pauri. The Reverend Lord is my mother, Reverend Lord my father and the Reverend Lord my Cherisher. Reverend God takes care of me and I am the child of God. Slowly and steadily, He feeds me and makes not sloth. He reminds me not of my demerits and hugs me to His bosom. He blesses me with, what I ask for with my mouth. God is my Peace-giving father. The Lord has blessed me with the capital of Divine knowledge and the wealth of His Name and make me worthy of this merchandise. He has make me a partner with the Guru and I have obtained all the comfort. The Lord, My Father, who is potent to do all the things, separates not from me ever.

ਸਾਰ = ਸੰਭਾਲ। ਸਹਜਿ = ਸਹਜ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਵਿਚ, ਆਤਮਕ ਅਡੋਲਤਾ ਵਿਚ। ਆਲਕ = ਆਲਸ। ਕੋ = ਕੋਈ। ਸੇਤੀ = ਨਾਲ। ਲਾਇਕ = ਲਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮੰਗਾਂ = ਮੈਂ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ। ਸੁਖਦਾਇਕ = ਸੁਖ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲਾ। ਸਉਪਿਓਨੁ = ਉਸ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ) ਨੇ ਸੌਂਪਿਆ ਹੈ। ਸਾਝੀ = ਭਾਈਵਾਲ। ਪਾਇਕ = ਸੇਵਕ। ਮੈ ਨਾਲਹੁ = ਮੇਰੇ ਨਾਲੋਂ। ਲਾਇਕ = ਸਮਰੱਥ।੨੧।

ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਹੈ (ਮਾਪਿਆਂ ਵਾਂਗ ਮੈਨੂੰ) ਪਾਲਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ। ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮੇਰੀ ਸੰਭਾਲ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਅਸੀਂ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਬੱਚੇ ਹਾਂ। ਮੈਨੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰੀ ਅਡੋਲ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਵਿਚ ਟਿਕਾ ਕੇ ਜੀਵਨ-ਖੇਡ ਖਿਡਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ, (ਇਸ ਗੱਲੋਂ ਰਤਾ ਭੀ) ਆਲਸ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦਾ। ਮੇਰੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਔਗੁਣ ਨੂੰ ਚੇਤੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਖਦਾ, (ਸਦਾ) ਆਪਣੇ ਗਲ ਨਾਲ (ਮੈਨੂੰ) ਲਾਈ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ। ਜੋ ਕੁਝ ਮੈਂ ਮੂੰਹੋਂ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ, ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਖ-ਦਾਈ ਪਿਤਾ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਉਹੀ ਉਹੀ ਦੇ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਸ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਣ-ਪਛਾਣ ਦੀ ਪੂੰਜੀ ਆਪਣਾ ਨਾਮ-ਧਨ ਸੌਂਪ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, ਤੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਸੌਦਾ ਵਿਹਾਝਣ ਦੇ ਲਾਇਕ ਬਣਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ। ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਭਾਈਵਾਲ ਬਣਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, (ਹੁਣ) ਸਾਰੇ ਸੁਖ ਮੇਰੇ ਦਾਸ ਬਣ ਗਏ ਹਨ। ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਤਾ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕਦੇ ਭੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਵਿਛੁੜਦਾ ਨਹੀਂ, ਸਾਰੀਆਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਸਮਰੱਥ ਹੈ।੨੧।

Ang. 1101

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
you can still meet your mother with your thoughts & rememrence,
MOTHER IS MOTHER STILL THE HOLIEST THING ALIVE.
The bodies die not the souls.
when you remember your mother' words she comes to you. she is always with you .
we should remember our mother not only on MOTHERS DAY , but everyday.

Fathers too!

And yes, thank you

Pauri.The Reverend Lord is my mother, Reverend Lord my father and the Reverend Lord my Cherisher.Reverend God takes care of me and I am the child of God.Slowly and steadily, He feeds me and makes not sloth.He reminds me not of my demerits and hugs me to His bosom.He blesses me with, what I ask for with my mouth. God is my Peace-giving father.The Lord has blessed me with the capital of Divine knowledge and the wealth of His Name and make me worthy of this merchandise.He has make me a partner with the Guru and I have obtained all the comfort.The Lord, My Father, who is potent to do all the things, separates not from me ever.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Where would we be without the lighthouse of Gurbani guiding our every step.
Thank You Kiram Ji, Aad Ji and Mahanbir Singh Ji, pk70 ji and Aman ji....
Of course !! Har Ji mata, Har Ji Pita..ALWAYS the Supreme Loving Mother and Father of ALL.
Blessed is this Day May 10th that we get to be connected to HIM...by way of remebering our Earthly "mothers"...the actual REAL MOTHER of ALL Mothers...is ALWAYS THERE for US.
Tu mera Piata, Tu Mera Mata, Tu Mera Bnadhap Tu mera Bharata...all vases covered.
I join All of you in celebrating this Mothers Day.
Aad Ji..you have no idea how extremely lucky and blessed you are..enjoy the company of the Lord's most personal Representative on Earth ( your Mother). Truly Heaven does lie beneath a mothers feet...:happy::happy:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Gyani Ji hope you find peace and happiness here :

ਪਉੜੀ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਮਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲਕ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਸਾਰ ਕਰੇ ਹਮ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਬਾਲਕ ਸਹਜੇ ਸਹਜਿ ਖਿਲਾਇਦਾ ਨਹੀ ਕਰਦਾ ਆਲਕ ਅਉਗਣੁ ਕੋ ਚਿਤਾਰਦਾ ਗਲ ਸੇਤੀ ਲਾਇਕ ਮੁਹਿ ਮੰਗਾਂ ਸੋਈ ਦੇਵਦਾ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਤਾ ਸੁਖਦਾਇਕ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਰਾਸਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਨੁ ਸਉਪਿਓਨੁ ਇਸੁ ਸਉਦੇ ਲਾਇਕ ਸਾਝੀ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਲਿ ਬਹਾਲਿਆ ਸਰਬ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਇਕ ਮੈ ਨਾਲਹੁ ਕਦੇ ਵਿਛੁੜੈ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਤਾ ਸਭਨਾ ਗਲਾ ਲਾਇਕ ॥੨੧॥
Pa▫oṛī.Har jī māṯā har jī piṯā har jī▫o parṯipālak.Har jī merī sār kare ham har ke bālak.Sėhje sahj kẖilā▫iḏā nahī karḏā ālak.A▫ugaṇ ko na cẖiṯārḏā gal seṯī lā▫ik.Muhi mangāʼn so▫ī ḏevḏā har piṯā sukẖ▫ḏā▫ik.Gi▫ān rās nām ḏẖan sa▫opi▫on is sa▫uḏe lā▫ik.Sājẖī gur nāl bahāli▫ā sarab sukẖ pā▫ik.Mai nālahu kaḏe na vicẖẖuṛai har piṯā sabẖnā galā lā▫ik. ||21||

Pauri.The Reverend Lord is my mother, Reverend Lord my father and the Reverend Lord my Cherisher.Reverend God takes care of me and I am the child of God.Slowly and steadily, He feeds me and makes not sloth.He reminds me not of my demerits and hugs me to His bosom.He blesses me with, what I ask for with my mouth. God is my Peace-giving father.The Lord has blessed me with the capital of Divine knowledge and the wealth of His Name and make me worthy of this merchandise.He has make me a partner with the Guru and I have obtained all the comfort.The Lord, My Father, who is potent to do all the things, separates not from me ever.

ਸਾਰ = ਸੰਭਾਲ। ਸਹਜਿ = ਸਹਜ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਵਿਚ, ਆਤਮਕ ਅਡੋਲਤਾ ਵਿਚ। ਆਲਕ = ਆਲਸ। ਕੋ = ਕੋਈ। ਸੇਤੀ = ਨਾਲ। ਲਾਇਕ = ਲਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮੰਗਾਂ = ਮੈਂ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ। ਸੁਖਦਾਇਕ = ਸੁਖ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲਾ। ਸਉਪਿਓਨੁ = ਉਸ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ) ਨੇ ਸੌਂਪਿਆ ਹੈ। ਸਾਝੀ = ਭਾਈਵਾਲ। ਪਾਇਕ = ਸੇਵਕ। ਮੈ ਨਾਲਹੁ = ਮੇਰੇ ਨਾਲੋਂ। ਲਾਇਕ = ਸਮਰੱਥ।੨੧।

ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਹੈ (ਮਾਪਿਆਂ ਵਾਂਗ ਮੈਨੂੰ) ਪਾਲਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ। ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮੇਰੀ ਸੰਭਾਲ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਅਸੀਂ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਬੱਚੇ ਹਾਂ। ਮੈਨੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰੀ ਅਡੋਲ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਵਿਚ ਟਿਕਾ ਕੇ ਜੀਵਨ-ਖੇਡ ਖਿਡਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ, (ਇਸ ਗੱਲੋਂ ਰਤਾ ਭੀ) ਆਲਸ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦਾ। ਮੇਰੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਔਗੁਣ ਨੂੰ ਚੇਤੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਖਦਾ, (ਸਦਾ) ਆਪਣੇ ਗਲ ਨਾਲ (ਮੈਨੂੰ) ਲਾਈ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ। ਜੋ ਕੁਝ ਮੈਂ ਮੂੰਹੋਂ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ, ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਖ-ਦਾਈ ਪਿਤਾ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਉਹੀ ਉਹੀ ਦੇ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਸ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਣ-ਪਛਾਣ ਦੀ ਪੂੰਜੀ ਆਪਣਾ ਨਾਮ-ਧਨ ਸੌਂਪ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, ਤੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਸੌਦਾ ਵਿਹਾਝਣ ਦੇ ਲਾਇਕ ਬਣਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ। ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਭਾਈਵਾਲ ਬਣਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ, (ਹੁਣ) ਸਾਰੇ ਸੁਖ ਮੇਰੇ ਦਾਸ ਬਣ ਗਏ ਹਨ। ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਤਾ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕਦੇ ਭੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਵਿਛੁੜਦਾ ਨਹੀਂ, ਸਾਰੀਆਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਸਮਰੱਥ ਹੈ।੨੧।

Ang. 1101

THANK YOU Kiram ji..for this beautiful thought...Most appreciated. I will perform Kirtan of this Shabad on Sunday when we complete Sehaj paath da BHog ceremony in our ancestral home. Thats how we celebrate Mothers Day each year...Kiratn and Path.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
THANK YOU Kiram ji..for this beautiful thought...Most appreciated. I will perform Kirtan of this Shabad on Sunday when we complete Sehaj paath da BHog ceremony in our ancestral home. Thats how we celebrate Mothers Day each year...Kiratn and Path.

Respected Gyani Jio

Thanks for reminding all the true Guru Message, it also reminds me "Sadd" (923-SGGS) by Baba Sunder Ji

Regards
G Singh

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Answers by 2nd graders:

Why did God make Mothers?

1. She’s the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make Mothers?

1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring
3. God made my Mom just the same as He made me. He just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are Mothers made of?

1. God makes Mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one little dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men’s bones. The rest is mostly string, I think.

Why did God give you your Mother and not some other Mom?

1. We’re related.
2. God knew she’d like me a lot more than other people’s Moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your Mom?

1. My Mom has always been my Mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don’t know because I wasn’t there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.

What did your Mom need to know about your Dad before she married him?

1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your Mom marry your Dad?

1. My Dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot of it.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My Grandma says Mom didn’t have her thinking cap on.

Who’s the boss at your house?

1. Mom doesn’t want to be boss, but she has to because Dad’s such a goofball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than Dad.

What’s the difference between Moms & Dads?

1. Moms work at work and work at home. Dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller and stronger, but Moms have all the real power ’cause that’s who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend’s.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your Mom do in her spare time?

1. Mothers don’t do spare time.
2. I think she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your Mom perfect?

1. On the inside she’s already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet…you know, her hair. I’d diet… maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?

1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I’d get rid of that.
2. I’d make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.

Virinder

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Mother’s Blessings

ਪੂਤਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਕੀ ਆਸੀਸ ॥

Pūṯā māṯā kī āsīs.

O son, this is your mother's hope and prayer

ਿਜਸੁ ਿਸਮਰਤ ਸਿਭ ਿਕਲਿਵਖ ਨਾਸਿਹ ਿਪਤਰੀ ਹੋਇ ਉਧਾਰੋ ॥ ਸੋ ਹਿਰ ਹਿਰ ਤੁਮ ਸਦ ਹੀ ਜਾਪਹੁ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਰੋ ॥ ਪੂਤਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਕੀ ਆਸੀਸ ॥ ਿਨਮਖ ਨ ਿਬਸਰਉ ਤੁਮ ਕਉ ਹਿਰ ਹਿਰ ਸਦਾ ਭਜਹੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ॥ ਸਿਤਗੁਰੁ ਤੁਮ ਕਉ ਹੋਇ ਦਇਆਲਾ ਸੰਤਸੰਿਗ ਤੇਰੀ ਪੀਿਤ ॥ ਕਾਪੜੁ ਪਿਤ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਰਾਖੀ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਨੀਿਤ ॥ ਅੰਿਮਤੁ ਪੀਵਹੁ ਸਦਾ ਿਚਰੁ ਜੀਵਹੁ ਹਿਰ ਿਸਮਰਤ ਅਨਦ ਅਨੰਤਾ ॥ ਰੰਗ ਤਮਾਸਾ ਪੂਰਨ ਆਸਾ ਕਬਿਹ ਨ ਿਬਆਪੈ ਿਚੰਤਾ ॥ ਭਵਰੁ ਤੁਮਾਰਾ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਹੋਵਉ ਹਿਰ ਚਰਣਾ ਹੋਹੁ ਕਉਲਾ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸੁ ਉਨ ਸੰਿਗ ਲਪਟਾਇਓ ਿਜਉ ਬੂੰਦਿਹ ਚਾਿਤਕੁ ਮਉਲਾ ॥

Jis simraṯ sabẖ kilvikẖ nāsėh piṯrī ho▫e uḏẖāro. So har har ṯumĥ saḏ hī jāpahu jā kā anṯ na pāro. Pūṯā māṯā kī āsīs. Nimakẖ na bisara▫o ṯumĥ ka▫o har har saḏā bẖajahu jagḏīs Saṯgur ṯumĥ ka▫o ho▫e ḏa▫i▫ālā saṯsang ṯerī parīṯ. Kāpaṛ paṯ parmesar rākẖī bẖojan kīrṯan nīṯ. Amriṯ pīvhu saḏā cẖir jīvhu har simraṯ anaḏ ananṯā. Rang ṯamāsā pūran āsā kabėh na bi▫āpai cẖinṯā. Bẖavar ṯumĥārā ih man hova▫o har cẖarṇā hohu ka▫ulā. Nānak ḏās un sang laptā▫i▫o ji▫o būʼnḏėh cẖāṯrik ma▫ulā.

Remembering Akal Purkh, all sins are erased, and ones generations are saved. So meditate continually on the Infinite God, Which has no end or limitation. O son, this is your mother's hope and prayer, that you may never forget the Infinite Akal Purkh, even for an instant. May you ever vibrate upon the Creator of the Universe? May the True Guru be kind to you, and may you love the Society of the Saints. May the preservation of your honor by the Transcendent God be your clothes, and may the singing of Its Praises be your food. So drink in forever the Ambrosial Nectar; may you live long, and may the meditative remembrance of It give you infinite delight.
May joy and pleasure be yours; may your hopes be fulfilled, and may you never be troubled by worries. Let this mind of yours be the bumble bee, and let the God's feet be the lotus flower. Says servant Nanak, attach your mind to them, and blossom forth like the song-bird, upon finding the rain-drop. -----Guru Arjan, Raag Gujri, AGGS, Page, 496

Virinder

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Answers by 2nd graders:

Why did God make Mothers?

1. She’s the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make Mothers?

1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring
3. God made my Mom just the same as He made me. He just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are Mothers made of?

1. God makes Mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one little dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men’s bones. The rest is mostly string, I think.

Why did God give you your Mother and not some other Mom?

1. We’re related.
2. God knew she’d like me a lot more than other people’s Moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your Mom?

1. My Mom has always been my Mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don’t know because I wasn’t there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.

What did your Mom need to know about your Dad before she married him?

1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your Mom marry your Dad?

1. My Dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot of it.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My Grandma says Mom didn’t have her thinking cap on.

Who’s the boss at your house?

1. Mom doesn’t want to be boss, but she has to because Dad’s such a goofball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than Dad.

What’s the difference between Moms & Dads?

1. Moms work at work and work at home. Dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller and stronger, but Moms have all the real power ’cause that’s who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend’s.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your Mom do in her spare time?

1. Mothers don’t do spare time.
2. I think she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your Mom perfect?

1. On the inside she’s already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet…you know, her hair. I’d diet… maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?

1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I’d get rid of that.
2. I’d make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.

Virinder

Beautiful and funny, thanks for sharing:)
Regards
G Singh

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
Thank you aad ji for reminding that we should remember our Fathers too.
Infact all our dear ones & who were our friends & whom we miss we can meet them with sending our thoughts. Thoughts travel faster than speed of light & cross all planets. You can recieve back the feelings that they are well

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
:) Thoughts on Mother's day:

"My Mother Taught Me About..."

1. My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION...
"Just wait until your father gets home."

2. My Mother taught me about RECEIVING....
"You are going to get it when we get home!"

3. My Mother taught me to MEET A CHALLENGE...
"What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you! Don't talk back to me!"

4. My Mother taught me LOGIC...
"If you fall out off that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

5. My Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE...
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

6. My Mother taught me to THINK AHEAD...
"If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job."

7. My Mother taught me HUMOR...
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

8. My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT...
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

9. My Mother taught me about GENETICS...
"You're just like your father."

10. My Mother taught me about my ROOTS...
"Do you think you were born in a barn?"

11. My Mother taught me about WISDOM OF AGE...
"When you get to be my age, you will understand."

And last but not least...

12. My Mother taught me about JUSTICE...
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you....Then you'll see what it's like!"

- from a friend

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Really beautiful Soul _ Jyots ji..thanks a lot...Had a good laugh....and you know what..i sort of remember my mother also taught me those "lessons"..ha ha ha:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: