• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Why Europeans Should Be Afraid Of Americans

The American people are the most lethally armed citizenry in the world. 270 million of the worlds 875 million known firearms are in the US...that is 90 guns for ever 100 citizens. (Geneva based Graduate Institute of International Studies)

YouTube - Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot Night Shoot

YouTube - machine gun grandma

:{;o:

"shastars" are important in our culture as well. what would the Guru say ... do guns kill people or do people kill people?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sinister ji

I am in the 10 in 100 who do not have a gun. What should I do? :rolleyes:
There is someone who believes with deep conviction in the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights to the US Constitution - the right to bear arms. And because Sikhism holds to the notion that we should take up arms when all other means have failed he converted to Sikhism. This doesn't completely add up for me, but what do I know?

;)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
The American people are the most lethally armed citizenry in the world. 270 million of the worlds 875 million known firearms are in the US...that is 90 guns for ever 100 citizens. (Geneva based Graduate Institute of International Studies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYXJYQZ3FX0&feature=related:{;o:

"shastars" are important in our culture as well. what would the Guru say ... do guns kill people or do people kill people?

Guru ji said like this” when all means of peace do not work, taking arms is justified””
If Sikhs had guns during 84 riots, they would not have been butchered the way they were, that is underlining vital point of bearing arms, genocide occurs still in so called democratic countries. So answer to your question is this, it is the people who kill not the guns. What would have Gurus said in this context, I wouldn’t dare to say on that based on my assumptions !:)

KulwantK

SPNer
Oct 31, 2007
Sat Nam, everyone. Happy to be back after dealing with health issues.

Firstly, people are the ones who kill people, not guns, or screwdrivers, or butter knives, or anything else that may be used as a weapon of defense or offense.

Secondly, one of the reasons America has not been subjected to the difficulties Europe was during Hitler's regime is because many of America's citizens are still armed.

Interesting point of fact: studies were done by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a variety of law enforcement agencies and the outcome of said studies is that gang members are most afraid of private citizens bearing arms. Gang members are more afraid of them than of police of any sort.

The 1968 Gun Control act is a verbatim word-by-word translation of Hitler's Gun Control Act of 1938, and was done as a racist measure against people of color.

Point of fact: if ownership of guns is outlawed then only outlaws would have guns. Do you really want the police to be everywhere, even if they could? Do you really want to live in a police state? You do? Fine, move to China.

"Those who would give up liberty for security would have neither have nor would they deserve either."--Benjamin Franklin

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: