• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Don't Sikh Girls Want To Marry Sikh Guys? Solution!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Please check your inbox. I decide what is spam and of course my decision on this is heavy-handed. What else would it be? Your reply actually reveals your true intentions. :angryadminkaur:

So let's contribute meaningful ideas to this discussion and not go over old ground. Thanks.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Re: Why do some girls say that they want a Ramgaria boy or a Punjabi hindu only?

Why do some girls sya that they want a Ramgaria boy or a Punjabi hindu only?

What is the link with punjabi hindu's being more accesptable than people in your own fold, Jatt, Khats etc etc
Badshah ji it is a hidden desire generally in all human beings to rule. Maybe some of these girls think that a Punjabi Hindu or a Ramgharia boy will be,

• more submissive,
  • follower
  • ghar jawaii (meaning more attached to Girl's family than their own over time).
Sat Sri Akal.

PS: Some illustrative videos as funny bone, nothing against Hindu Panjabi or Ramgarhia boys

admin note: The first video will play if you double click on the player. Otherwise you will only see the message, Embedding disabled etc.

YouTube - Ram Kamlani-'Bane hain humto ghar jamai...' in 'Ghar Ki Izzat'

YouTube - YouTube Punjabi Husband VS Wife Pind Style Part 1

It seems boys will do almost anything to impress,

YouTube - Punjabi Music Effect

mannii

SPNer
Feb 23, 2011
if i a sikh girl dosent want to get married to a sikh its because she dosent understand herself or what sikhi is..... she confused and has been led on the wrong path.:whatzpointkudi:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
a "sikh" girl may NOT be sikh after all..just BORN in a Sikh family..which in turn may NOT be Sikh as well...so Double Whammy !! Lots of such "sikh" boys also dont wnat to marry Sikh Girls...Sikhi/Gurmatt is a PERSONAL CONVICTION of a DISCIPLINE. A son of a cop who doesnt want to join the Police Force faces no such queries/strange looks..so why should a sikh girl/boy ?? Someones dad was a Major General and fought in the World War..but none of his 7 sons joined the army/navy/air force...was that so wrong ?? NO..they just werent the RIGHT MATERIAL...and so is it for a SIKH..one ahs to eb the RIGHT MATERIAL to be a SIKH...not just about any Ramu/Shamu/Chelliah/sri vastav can become a SIKH.....it has to be a BANDA BAHADUR...a DYA RAM...type !! and not every devi/partigya etc can become a Mata Gujree...its someone very very SPECIAL..the CHOSEN ONES who becoem SIKHS.Period.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
a "sikh" girl may NOT be sikh after all..just BORN in a Sikh family..which in turn may NOT be Sikh as well...so Double Whammy !! Lots of such "sikh" boys also dont wnat to marry Sikh Girls...Sikhi/Gurmatt is a PERSONAL CONVICTION of a DISCIPLINE. A son of a cop who doesnt want to join the Police Force faces no such queries/strange looks..so why should a sikh girl/boy ?? Someones dad was a Major General and fought in the World War..but none of his 7 sons joined the army/navy/air force...was that so wrong ?? NO..they just werent the RIGHT MATERIAL...and so is it for a SIKH..one ahs to eb the RIGHT MATERIAL to be a SIKH...not just about any Ramu/Shamu/Chelliah/sri vastav can become a SIKH.....it has to be a BANDA BAHADUR...a DYA RAM...type !! and not every devi/partigya etc can become a Mata Gujree...its someone very very SPECIAL..the CHOSEN ONES who becoem SIKHS.Period.

Gyani ji

Comparison of Sikhism with Services like Police,Army is Not O.K.These type of services have Limited number of vacancies so even in best case One cannot expect That his 7 sons will be in army.Moreover The restriction is very severe
Once age on the paper is passed You can't be in.Health ,Physical fitness also plays a major role.On the other hand A religion is not like that .You can be practicing one but then next year you may decide to stop practicing it and then again you can Start Practicing

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
KDS Ji..I base my opinion on some tuks from Bhagat Kabir Ji in SGGS.

Naam Japp..and by that i dont mean parrotting but PRACTICALLY LIVING Naam..doesnt come EASY...there are PHYSICAL LIMITS !! Bhagat kabir Ji tells us quite frankly...OH man...IF you didnt Naam Japp while strong and healthy...what makes you think you can do it NOW..when your eyes water, feet tremble, Eyesight is weaker by the day, backbone cant hold straight....etc etc...SO "practising" SIKHISM is NOT as easy as ABC..stop and go as one wishes...its a LIFE TIME commitment from day one gains age of Maturity !! AND Sikhi has "limited vacancies" too...Guru Ji asked for ONLY 5 heads on Vasakhi 1699..not six..or 20.......

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
KDS Ji..I base my opinion on some tuks from Bhagat Kabir Ji in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Naam Japp..and by that i dont mean parrotting but PRACTICALLY LIVING Naam..doesnt come EASY...there are PHYSICAL LIMITS !! Bhagat kabir Ji tells us quite frankly...OH man...IF you didnt Naam Japp while strong and healthy...what makes you think you can do it NOW..when your eyes water, feet tremble, Eyesight is weaker by the day, backbone cant hold straight....etc etc...SO "practising" SIKHISM is NOT as easy as ABC..stop and go as one wishes...its a LIFE TIME commitment from day one gains age of Maturity !! AND Sikhi has "limited vacancies" too...Guru Ji asked for ONLY 5 heads on Vasakhi 1699..not six..or 20.......

Gyani ji

You mean to say that if 10,000 people come to embrace sikhism then only 1,000 will get qualified while 9000 will return without getting chance to convert to Sikhism

And I know practicing Sikhism is not easy but in a religion all type of people exists Fully Practicing to non practicing as no one knows when a non practicing start practice his/her Religion and vice versa on the other hand in services like army or police you have try to give your best O/W you will be kicked out
,you cannot say I am non practicing army person

mannii

SPNer
Feb 23, 2011
I agree you are not sikh just because you have been born into a sikh family you have to take amrit to become a sikh.

dakkuSingh

SPNer
Jun 8, 2012
Hi all,
As I m from delhi. I can say about, What I have seen,observed and experienced.
Below I think are the reason for sikh boy facing problem finding spouse.

1) Sikh religion has shocking bad boys to girl sex ratio among all religion.
2) no gud role model. All Sikh girl in prominence in India don't marry a turban wearing sikh boy.
All sikh character in movie are played by non sikh's. If a movie has a sikh as a main character, they only keep their hair till childhood. When they grow old either they cut their hair or oscillate between turban and clean shaved.
3) Even ardent follower of sikh religion don't what sikh is. Is it a religion or not? Does it allow alcohol and meat? Does keeping 5 K make you a sikh?
4) Sikh are distributed as a community. They don't interact with each other. Young Sikh boys and girls don't interact much. You will hardly find turban wearing people in gurudwara. I thrice counted the number of turban wearing people and non turban wearing people sitting in bangla sahib gurudwara. And only once i found turban wearing sikh outnumbering non turban wearing people.
5) Most of the sikh are from middle class. They lost majority of their riches or wealth during division of punjab.
6) Whether anyone accepts it or not but for every serious relationship starts with physical attraction, all other issue behaviors,mannerism comes later.
7) Non sikh girl don't marry sikh boy, except if they are exceptional in their field. Few non sikh girl marry sikh boys.
8) And what I have seen, many sikh girl are marring baniya or non sikh rich punjabi boys. Who have rich daddy. And boy themselves are nothing special and many are not even graduate.
9) Sikh make two much fuss about hair. Managing long hair is not easy and wearing a turban for 10-12 hr a day in scorching heat of delhi is simply maddening.And it equally difficult for a girl following sikh religion and not cutting her body hair. I simply cant imagine how much difficult it will be for her .
10) I have been to two sikh institute I have seen sikh are fighting among themselves, disregarding the impression it shows on the other. Sikh are not setting good examples.
11) Given a choice only few sikh girls will marry a turban wearing sikh by choice.
12) if a sikh girl marry a hindu boy of his choice many people will say it her choice. And if a sikh boy cut his hair, hell will break. No one will speak to him. Doesnt he have a right to exercise his choice to follow a religion or not follow?

I will post solution in next post. Its late here in India.
- Mr V.

Last edited:

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
All failor from te Jathedars and so on - they dont care about Sikhi. They are just spreading wrong information and make Sikhi very bad . Furhtermore - you said make fuss about hair? No one is making any fuss - the ANTI-HAIR fetishist- are making fuss about hair - You know what? I have been in Punjab recently - I asked several relatives about Sikhi- even the one who are amrit shaak - no one really knew what it is about - they said " we just go regulary to gurudwara . because mom says so - or because of the langar..." They don´t even understand what they read in Gurudwara because lack of education in schools etc.. ! They speak fluent hindi - but can´t understand some simple Gurmukhi words..
"You say it is difficult for a woemn to maintain her hair" Do you know why ? Because of all that Bollywoods **** crap ! Some girls haven´t self -esteem , or something - and dont understand value - it is same like boys...!

IT is sad but you are almost right with what you posted...

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Well said Tigerstylezji !!!

This bollywood crap really p***** me off most of the time. It is such a bad influence and totally misleading.
The problem is, that is all the punjabi elders do whilst indoors- watch zee and star and crap!! I mean you have a perfectly excellent Sikh channel there in the UK, but whenever I would go to someones house, they would always switch off to the other channel when their drama or movie was due on!!
The way that Singh's are shown in most of these is very misleading.

I dont deliberately have any indian channels over here, and you wouldn't believe what !!!- I have many aunt's and uncles here and I know they refuse to stay long periods of time or the night my house because I don't have bollywood tv!!!! -
Just goes to show, where the real love is for these false punjabi relationships!!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Hi all,
As I m from delhi. I can say about, What I have seen,observed and experienced.
Below I think are the reason for sikh boy facing problem finding spouse.

1) Sikh religion has shocking bad boys to girl sex ratio among all religion.
2) no gud role model. All Sikh girl in prominence in India don't marry a turban wearing sikh boy.
All sikh character in movie are played by non sikh's. If a movie has a sikh as a main character, they only keep their hair till childhood. When they grow old either they cut their hair or oscillate between turban and clean shaved.
3) Even ardent follower of sikh religion don't what sikh is. Is it a religion or not? Does it allow alcohol and meat? Does keeping 5 K make you a sikh?
4) Sikh are distributed as a community. They don't interact with each other. Young Sikh boys and girls don't interact much. You will hardly find turban wearing people in gurudwara. I thrice counted the number of turban wearing people and non turban wearing people sitting in bangla sahib gurudwara. And only once i found turban wearing sikh outnumbering non turban wearing people.
5) Most of the sikh are from middle class. They lost majority of their riches or wealth during division of punjab.
6) Whether anyone accepts it or not but for every serious relationship starts with physical attraction, all other issue behaviors,mannerism comes later.
7) Non sikh girl don't marry sikh boy, except if they are exceptional in their field. Few non sikh girl marry sikh boys.
8) And what I have seen, many sikh girl are marring baniya or non sikh rich punjabi boys. Who have rich daddy. And boy themselves are nothing special and many are not even graduate.
9) Sikh make two much fuss about hair. Managing long hair is not easy and wearing a turban for 10-12 hr a day in scorching heat of delhi is simply maddening.And it equally difficult for a girl following sikh religion and not cutting her body hair. I simply cant imagine how much difficult it will be for her .
10) I have been to two sikh institute I have seen sikh are fighting among themselves, disregarding the impression it shows on the other. Sikh are not setting good examples.
11) Given a choice only few sikh girls will marry a turban wearing sikh by choice.
12) if a sikh girl marry a hindu boy of his choice many people will say it her choice. And if a sikh boy cut his hair, hell will break. No one will speak to him. Doesnt he have a right to exercise his choice to follow a religion or not follow?

I will post solution in next post. Its late here in India.
- Mr V.

1)In Urban Indian cities like Delhi Sex ration among Sikhs is 925 which is similar to all other communities .The sex ratio is worst among rural Jat sikhs in Punjab and as 65% Sikhs belong to jat caste so the ratio of entire religion is poor.Please keep in mind rural and urban sikhs hardly inter marry each other

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2004-09-07/india/27168860_1_ratio-sikhs-hindus
2)Bangla sahib has gained reputation of some miraculous place.It has also very large following among Hindu's
counting turban wearing sikhs in bangla sahib is no indication that non turban wearing sikhs outnumber turban wearing sikhs
3)Are you kidding , Sikhs are among one of the most prosperous community in Delhi/NCR.You can easily see Sikhs driving big Suv's or very expensive bikes.infact in delhi the image of sikh is a fat person whose pockets are filled with money .What ever they lost in partition they gained much more than that

Last edited:

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
The thing is.. I noticed.. that "white" females.. doesn´t want to cut their hair - but they "forced " to ... I have some "white" (female) friends( Not what you think..., just really friends..) And I have many conversations with them.. They just told me they do it because.. they want to be accepted.. they hadn´t much self -esteem etc.. Sometimes they want to attract boys and everything to call attention to one self and so on.. Example : If sikh boy ask white girl, in class to go with here to prom or whatever - she says only "no" because she is afraid what others will say about her and all this stuff ( Yes , this happend to me) I was a bit hurt, but at least I tried. I wasn´t really satisfied with this answer and asked why .. and then she replied- she said you are really a nice boy , funny and all the stuff .. I really like you.. but my friends are all "superficial" , thats why I said "no", but I was really glad you asked me.. She apologised and we started to talk and stuff.. Was really a good time ( Yes , I was fulll of Kaamful thoughts and all that stuff .. thats maybe why I did it , but at that time I didn´t really know much about Sikhi) But I am so glad that nothing more happend! She relocated after some time ( to my luck) . and I gladly made no mistake(sex) .. I need to say somehow I feeled "proud" as well , because Munde from my Gurudwara and Gore/black friends , said that a turbaned Sikh etc never can get "white" girlfriend all that stuff . And I proofed opposite.. But now I feel ashamed and guilty for using her..

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
forget white girlfriends, its starting to look like turbaned Sikhs have enough problems getting even Sikh wives if the matrimonial pages are anything to go by lol

lol Harry ji this is another mystery.2 years ago my cousin who was in temprary job ,not earning much got married to sikh girl from his locality.He also lost his job after. marriage.Despite so many sikh girls marrying outside religion ,Turbaned ,bearded sikh men with good jobs, decent earning are still able to find wives quite easily in arrange marriage scenario.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: