• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Don't Sikh Girls Want To Marry Sikh Guys? Solution!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
namjap ji

You included an image with html code linking directly to Scribd. I have taken the code out because all it does it link continuously with no text and no image. That is a constant problem with Scribd assets. If you let me know what you are trying to embed I may be able to fix it.Thank you

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
namjap ji

You included an image with html code linking directly to Scribd. I have taken the code out because all it does it link continuously with no text and no image. That is a constant problem with Scribd assets. If you let me know what you are trying to embed I may be able to fix it.Thank you

Narayanjot Kaur Ji,

Thanks for removing the link because I tried to remove it but it wouldn't.
And I feel I was not speaking out of context because, in a Sikh network obviously we would be talking about why women and men act differently whether they are Sikh or general behavioral traits, it is still relevant.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Narayanjot Kaur Ji,

Thanks for removing the link because I tried to remove it but it wouldn't.
And I feel I was not speaking out of context because, in a Sikh network obviously we would be talking about why women and men act differently whether they are Sikh or general behavioral traits, it is still relevant.

I understand ji - It apparently was a little confusing to another member. You were giving a context for specific issues in the question.

If you send me that link I might be able to figure something out.

Jun 2, 2010
london

The comment has been deleted because it is not written in proper English. Thanx, as I have given many warnings on various threads. Narayanjot Kaur

Last edited by a moderator:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
i thnk gilz dnt lke sikh guys becz dey feel comf wid trim hair sikhs evn i knw one grl said i can,t marry sikh guy n main prob s his long hair n beared evn i knw lots of amritdhari gilz lke to marry non sikh i knw dem personaly .................. they want sona munda n dey dnt lke sikh munda who luks ugly n dey lke to make der sona munda amritdhari letr on WAT S DIZ ?:blushh:

Gurpreet Luton ji,

I'd like to suggest that you write in something a little closer to standard English. I use English as my first language these days and I had to read this 3 times to figure out what you were saying.:shockedkudi:
Now if my English weren't so good, I doubt I could ever figure it out! If you want to communicate, it would be helpful if people could understand what you're saying. It doesn't have to be perfect, just understandable.

Now, as regards the topic, I know quite a few young Amritdhari ladies, Canadian mostly, who want to marry a Gursikh and think that a keshdhari Singh is wicked handsome. cheerleaderBut said Gursikhs are few and far between. :shockedmunda:

Jun 2, 2010
london
Gurpreet Luton ji,

I'd like to suggest that you write in something a little closer to standard English. I use English as my first language these days and I had to read this 3 times to figure out what you were saying.:shockedkudi:
Now if my English weren't so good, I doubt I could ever figure it out! If you want to communicate, it would be helpful if people could understand what you're saying. It doesn't have to be perfect, just understandable.

Now, as regards the topic, I know quite a few young Amritdhari ladies, Canadian mostly, who want to marry a Gursikh and think that a keshdhari Singh is wicked handsome. cheerleaderBut said Gursikhs are few and far between. :shockedmunda:

Deleted as the official language of the forum is English. Narayanjot Kaur at 14.31 -5 GMT

Last edited by a moderator:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
i thnk gilz dnt lke sikh guys becz dey feel comf wid trim hair sikhs evn i knw one grl said i can,t marry sikh guy n main prob s his long hair n beared evn i knw lots of amritdhari gilz lke to marry non sikh i knw dem personaly .................. they want sona munda n dey dnt lke sikh munda who luks ugly n dey lke to make der sona munda amritdhari letr on WAT S DIZ ?:blushh:

The girls that are amrithdharis and want to marry a non sikh need their brains checked.If they don't want to marry a sikh then what's the point in taking amrit.do they think they can keep their rehat if they marry a hindu or muslim?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks ji. Wat u sez is valabul n we wantz tunnerstand u!

:veryhappykaur:

Yes - I have started to delete comments that are not written in English. After making 3 polite requests, and no results, anything written in the language of the Cell Phone People will be deleted. Of course not your comment above as you are making an important point. :)

DeepSingh

SPNer
Jul 29, 2007
Re: Why Don't Sikh Girls Want To Marry Sikh Guys? Solution.

Fundamentaly my identity is a man. Not Sikh, Hindu, Muslim etc etc

When comes down to marriage. It's not just about passion, its about a shared identity. Of course it also depends on the individual.

I don't see the gurdwara as the home of my heart, rather when I am out running. I see a crow flying effortlessly, its concerns are that of eating, and reproduction, this from INSTINCT; this natural behaviour insures its survival. My heart is everywhere, its the air that I breath without thinking.

It depends on your surroundings, if you are brought up in a Sikh environment, it is beneficial to your social survival if you can integrate well. I could have been born into any religion or any colour.

Getting back on track, women are women first and then Sikh. We have instincts, desires that superseed any man made religion. So if they choose to marry someone that isn't Sikh, that person fits her values better.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
SSA,
Deepsingh ji has a valid point too

I think this is often mistaking kaam or just plain being romantic for love. Up to a point the outcome is the same anyway. They get married - or increasingly live together without marriage - have children and then break up when the hard times come, as they do in every relationship. A relationship based on physical attraction and romantic fantasy can rarely stand up to the rigors of family life. That takes a firm commitment and shared values.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
The type of liberal thinking many sikhs have developed it looks to me that sikhism is going like parsi religion whose population at start of 19th century was 1,20000 and now only 70,000 left all because of inter religion marriages and younger generation did not make any attempt to raise their children as parsi's.May be sikhism is going to meet the same fate

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
The type of liberal thinking many sikhs have developed it looks to me that sikhism is going like parsi religion whose population at start of 19th century was 1,20000 and now only 70,000 left all because of inter religion marriages and younger generation did not make any attempt to raise their children as parsi's.May be sikhism is going to meet the same fate
If SGPC keep excluding many types of SIKHS, in favour of PURE SIKHS, then this religion is going to finish very soon.
As per my understanding Guru Nanak Dev ji professed acceptance of all good people irrespective of his/ her devotion/ appearance/ contribution as long as he is with truth and is genuine.
Which way you lead your life , does not really matter as long as you are helpful/ non-destructive/ non-intrusive or against socity norm ( like thieves).
Once again I would say, be inclusive. A less of a sikh would not mind if you keep thinking that you are better sikh than him as lng as you ALLOW him/her to remain as a sikh.
Problem is that nowadays everyone including religious leaders say " My way or highway".
That way only leads to neative groth of population numbers.
Atleast in this respect, we should follow muslims!. Increase your population.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: