• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Don't Sikh Girls Want To Marry Sikh Guys? Solution!

Nov 20, 2009
Re: Why Don't Sikh Girls Want To Marry Sikh Guys? Solution.

im not sure why is this even a question. should it not be the girl's choice of who she wants to marry? why does it bother you that they dont want to marry sikh boys? let them decide, quit wasting the time asking "why". and btw, i know the reason why they dont want to msrry someone with a turban... i wont tell you unless you ask, because my answer is very OFFENSIVE to you.:}--}:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

MilitantAtheist ji

Do not change your avatar to another picture of a nearly nude human being. I have changed it for you.

Narayanjot Kaur

Nov 20, 2009

MilitantAtheist ji

Do not change your avatar to another picture of a nearly nude human being. I have changed it for you.

Narayanjot Kaur

i replied already to that in the previous thread.... but here, ill do it again

"wow..... why r u blaming me for the pic? god is the one who made that body, why are you against god's creation? anyways, FINE, i wont upload that pic... "

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK

i replied already to that in the previous thread.... but here, ill do it again

"wow..... why r u blaming me for the pic? god is the one who made that body, why are you against god's creation? anyways, FINE, i wont upload that pic... "

Militant Atheist it seems likes to play games.

I hope that he cpmes back here whne his temp ban is over to read my reply.

Atheism as we know stresses rationality over that of faith (that all of us use both is maybe a whole other topic) and so it always supprises me to see a post so deviod of both rationality and intelectual honesty.

Militant ji must of course realise that HIS actions are the work HIS self. Yes God made the human body this is true, but God did not flout the rules of this place, and so Militant ji must take responsiblity for his own actions.

As I say I do hope he comes back, I too like playing although I know more of the rules, and always stick to them.

People that are full of hate, well they need a cuddle once in a while, come into our arms Militant ji, let us all give you a cuddle, it will make you feel better.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Multiple user IDs are not allowed

all your posts will be deleted

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

MilitantAthiest2

First of all you should learn how to spell "atheist." Secondly, you know, you are right about me. Here are the violations.

Multiple id's
Negativity
Refusing to discuss issues, instead debating personalities
Undermining the Sikh religion
Taking a thread off topic
Defying forum administration

That is the short list. Now you are banned under both names.
Why am I not surprised. Naya "whatever it is" Kaur

=))

SPNer
May 28, 2010

I think it is really unfair how Sikh girls are getting all the blame and are being stereotyped ..
personally I can only speak from my experience
I am 20 Sikh girl which is single in the Uk …..
and I have the opposite problem where I find it hard to nice Sikh guys .. to get to know ...as alot of them in my social circle are dating / getting married to Pakistani girls ...
and personally would prefer a guy with turban ..and all my friends would prefer that as well the Sikh ones anyway ..
but I find hard to meet single Sikh people .! =(

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

I think it is really unfair how Sikh girls are getting all the blame and are being stereotyped ..
personally I can only speak from my experience
I am 20 Sikh girl which is single in the Uk …..
and I have the opposite problem where I find it hard to nice Sikh guys .. to get to know ...as alot of them in my social circle are dating / getting married to Pakistani girls ...
and personally would prefer a guy with turban ..and all my friends would prefer that as well the Sikh ones anyway ..
but I find hard to meet single Sikh people .! =(

=)) ji

Great comment. And you are not the first one, Kaur or Singh, who has said something very similar.

I hope I am not being too corny in my reply. The important thing is to meet good Sikhs. Try being active in an organization like United Sikhs UK. Be active for its own sake, and for the sake of meeting people who are really sangat in the original meaning of that word. Everything else will fall into place when the time is right.

Forgive me.

=))

SPNer
May 28, 2010

awwwww thats a sweet soo for you !
and no they is nothing to forgive you for :) and no its not to corny at all =) ! and that is some very good advice thank you for that =) !!

Aug 6, 2006

SSA,
Before writing anything on this thread I would like to request the administrator to just make sure that noone should refer others as STUPIDS etc. We all are gursikhs and should have nice control over the words written by us. Many of us believe that bad words come from bad minds only, but we gursikhs are the best minds, lets prove it.
Roopsidhu

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

I think any race woman would find a Sikh boy as their ultimate solution because his grooming time is longer therefore more quality time spent together. A Sikh (Kesadhari) has more poised and calmer presence than the counter-part non-Sikh.

If we compare a woman's choice regarding a man of her choosing, all women are hard-wired to response favorably to a gentleman who is confident of himself. Confidence does not mean macho at all, from a woman's viewpoint. There is nothing more attractive to a woman than a man with his calm and cool. Therefore, I should suggest Sikh men to take Evening Primrose Oil capsules so that they don't get hyper when seeing a girl of their choice. I myself take EPO when I need to abstain from acting like a clown in front of a group of women. I works wonders and 'does the job'.

From women feedback I get, Sikh boys find it hard to control their emotions and get over-excited by telling all their friends about the details with their new 'girl encounter'.
So, Sikh community is small and word passes around pretty quickly. So there is no discretion exercised by the boy, from the girl's point of view. And that being bad as it is, the girl would not go for another Sikh boy within the same community.

Thirdly, let me say that in Malaysia, many Sikh women end up marrying non-Sikh (South Indian) gentlemen. One reason being, the woman population is much larger than the men population. Another reason, the caste system plays a very strong part in discouraging marriages but caste system is not an issue when marrying a South Indian.

=))

SPNer
May 28, 2010

Awwwwww …. Roop Kaur .. That message was so sweet of you J .!
Thank you for that made my day for sure =) ! * big hug *

But they is a problem of so many Sikhs girls marrying outside of the community ..
And they are so many root causes for that ..and all causes varying from community to community ..
Well from my experience .in the UK …and from Jatt Family ….it is lack of education from parents ..the way of thinking of guys in the Sikh community can have .. And a lot of families have backwards mentality .. Example the caste system ! ..
And its really sad to see the Sikhism and its rich culture dying out

Roop Kaur

SPNer
Mar 4, 2010

Ah, the caste system - how I despise thee! I totally agree with =)) Ji. I don't get the whole 'caste' system stuff, what difference does it really make what caste a person is?
However, I think I'm starting to see a trend now ... I'm seeing it gradually dissolve- people are finally beginning to realise that being Sikh is more important than being 'JATT' or ... 'PUNJABI'... but, this is not moving along fast enough!

Ooo, and may I also ask - does the person who created this thread refer to 'Sikh guys' including clean shaven etc?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Thirdly, let me say that in Malaysia, many Sikh women end up marrying non-Sikh (South Indian) gentlemen. One reason being, the woman population is much larger than the men population. Another reason, the caste system plays a very strong part in discouraging marriages but caste system is not an issue when marrying a South Indian.

Namjap ji

Do you want to say that sikh parents oppose marriage of their daughter to another caste sikh but they don't oppose it if they marry a south Indian in malayasia.Also how is it possible number of sikh women is much larger than sikh men.Where sikh men are vanishing? If I am not wrong because of female foeticide number of sikh men are higher everywhere

Sevadar

SPNer
May 24, 2010

How about this for thought.....all those so called sikh girls are afraid that if they marry a sikh boy he might want his partner to not cut hairs and they do not want that to be the future problem. Rather marry a guy who do not have any problem with cutting hairs.

thanks for discussing the topic.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Namjap ji

Do you want to say that sikh parents oppose marriage of their daughter to another caste sikh but they don't oppose it if they marry a south Indian in malayasia.Also how is it possible number of sikh women is much larger than sikh men.Where sikh men are vanishing? If I am not wrong because of female foeticide number of sikh men are higher everywhere

Most Sikh women who end up marrying South Indians do it by their own choice often risking loosing the support of their family long term. But there are Sikhs women who set the example for their younger siblings to follow suit.
Your question is the same as mine - where are the Sikh men ?

I don't blame female foeticide in this respect because many Sikh women are found to regret the consequences. I don't have the stats on the percentage. But the main challenges are too much cultural adjustment are needed to make the relatives happy.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

How about this for thought.....all those so called sikh girls are afraid that if they marry a sikh boy he might want his partner to not cut hairs and they do not want that to be the future problem. Rather marry a guy who do not have any problem with cutting hairs.

thanks for discussing the topic.

A Sikh woman does see differently than a Sikh Man with regards to looks.
In my opinion, keeping hair isn't a priority for women but the character and personality makeup of her to-be-male partner. Of course, it is different when she is just a girlfriend and just having an adventurous trip of going through the emotional roller-coaster. That's a point when a girl is still a girl and marriage is furthest from her thoughts.

But once a girl becomes a woman, her rules change. Men just don't adapt to such change so easily. To clarify, a woman's home ground is her emotions whereas a man is strongly footed in mental activity. So a man's brain responds quicker to set ideas whereas a woman's brain naturally responds to emotional changes.

When a Sikh gentleman encounters a beautiful Sikh woman, he makes certain assumptions that if her body language shows all the signs of interest, then she wants him. I will talk about this a little later because it is such an interesting topic but requires time to put it together.

~namjap~

Mar 5, 2010
New York City
Most Sikhs do not know about Sikh History. They are not aware of all the scarifies that have been made by our Guru's. This is the main problem. Most Sikhs do not have the knowledge that they should have. If girls and guys learn the about their history they would respect and do whatever they can to keep it alive.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Women DO speak a different language, even if they are using the same "words" as men are.
They think, see, and feel very differently than men. Therefore, they vocalize their thoughts and feelings differently. Most men will try to wine and dine a woman, they'll try to impress her with their money or car or job.

They even try to be as obedient and compliant as they possibly can. That just makes matters worse. It just doesn't work.

~Derek Rake~

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: