• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Do Indian Vegetarians Have A Problem With Eggs But Not With Milk?

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
I know a person who is lacto vegetarian. His logic for not eating eggs is that "How can something be fit for consumption that comes out from hens private part".

I think people in India over centuries have become used to a certain kind of diet and they feel uncomfortable with the notion of changing it so they come up with various reasons no matter how wrong they are.

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
I know a person who is lacto vegetarian. His logic for not eating eggs is that "How can something be fit for consumption that comes out from hens private part".

I think people in India over centuries have become used to a certain kind of diet and they feel uncomfortable with the notion of changing it so they come up with various reasons no matter how wrong they are.

What kinds of people are you talking about? It's about religious rules if you are talking about most indians.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I still think the sound is of pain, I've owned a couple of parakeets and I know they are really stressed when they lay eggs etc.

Err no.

See the link I have posted from Chicken owners. Ther sound is one of exitement. Infact when Chicken lay eggs they go quiet and strain a bit. The whole point of laying an egg is that the gestation happens in the egg.

As for the cows, I really never was there while they milked the cows, so I didn't know, I just saw our servants milking them and they were quite careful.

You are missing the point. In order for YOU to have YOUR fill of milk, YOUR servants would deny milk to the calf for whom it was intended. That is plain cruel and selfish.

Either way I don't see what hak you have to just eat the eggs, even if it is unfertilized. I find it nasty you must eat the food made for a animal that isn't even a mammal :S

Well I don't see why people have to be so cruel to calf's and deny them milk so they can fill their own belly's.....or maybe that's because most vegetarians in Indian are hypocrits!!! :happykudi:
You use the chicken as a tool for the sensation of your tastebuds, very nice very nice.

Sorry this is hypocritical jibberish!!!
m049.gif

Are you telling me that every vegetarian food you eat tastes bad? motherlylove

Lacto Vegetarians in their quest to make out they are superior only eat bad tasting food rite? :D

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

A Cow's Teet is a Private Part?:mundaviolin:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Isn't it curious how humans are generally reviled by the breast milk of our own species but happy to consume the breast milk of a different species altogether, and then for their entire lives, not just when they are infants?

The only other time it happens amongst other species is when there is a foster-mother. You can sometimes find a big cat who adopts a puppy or something and allows the little one to suckle from her (aaawe :) ) but the little one stops when he's weaned and won't drink breast milk again.

I'd like to quote Teal'c from Stargate right about now:

Major Samantha Carter:
Why don't you try a glass of warm milk?
Teal'c: I would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature.

lol

It is impossible to be Sikh and not consume dairy though. Who in their right mind would refuse karah prashad?!! And what would we rinse the floor of the Golden Temple with??? o_O

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Isn't it curious how humans are generally reviled by the breast milk of our own species but happy to consume the breast milk of a different species altogether, and then for their entire lives, not just when they are infants?

The only other time it happens amongst other species is when there is a foster-mother. You can sometimes find a big cat who adopts a puppy or something and allows the little one to suckle from her (aaawe :) ) but the little one stops when he's weaned and won't drink breast milk again.

I'd like to quote Teal'c from Stargate right about now:

Major Samantha Carter:
Why don't you try a glass of warm milk?
Teal'c: I would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature.

lol

It is impossible to be Sikh and not consume dairy though. Who in their right mind would refuse karah prashad?!! And what would we rinse the floor of the Golden Temple with??? o_O

haha indeed.

Just to be certain however we are not eating Karah Parshad for our tastebuds we should make it taste as horrible as possible . :sippingcoffeemunda:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Well, the actual word he used was not private part but something else which I do not want to write here.

I'm joking.

...the point is Indian vegetarians will not consume a waste product from the inside of an animal (an egg) but will consume a product from the inside of an animal that is not a waste product but meant for another animal (milk).

Last edited:

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
I'm joking.

...the point is Indian vegetarians will not consume a waste product from the inside of an animal (an animal), but will consume a product from the inside of an animal that is not a waste product but meant for another animal (milk).

Well if we look at it closely an egg represents an embryo, even the unfertilized one. The vegetarians for this reason will avoid eggs.
Especially for people who are vegetarians for religious reasons will not take a chance.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Well if we look at it closely an egg represents an embryo, even the unfertilized one. The vegetarians for this reason will avoid eggs.
Especially for people who are vegetarians for religious reasons will not take a chance.

I think if we split hairs..a SPERM just about represents a EMBRYO as well ??? And a spoonfull of Human Sperm contains about 600 - 800 MILLION "EMBRYOS"...and imagine just How many MEN...actually MURDER about 600 MILLION UNBORN EMBRYOS every time an EJACULATION occurs....in masturbation..sex with prostitutes.. GAY SEX...etc etc etc...and what about WET DREAMS ??? More MURDERS ?? HATIAH by the BILLIONS/TRILLIONS since ages ago ??? ( That is IF we accept that an UNFERTILISED EGG is an "EMBRYO" as Bro SEARCHING Ji states above...then the SPERM is EQUALLY an Embryo ?? and what shall we call the FERTILISED UNION of 2 EMBRYOS ?? Seems very illogical to me...

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
Gyani ji
What I meant was that eggs in birds is equivalent to embryo in mammals. They are analogous. It is in this relation that maybe some vegetarians want to refrain from eating them. As something that can potentially give life within it.

And no sperms do not represent embryo. Sperms are something that can lead to embryo if they reach ovary and fertilize egg.
If I were to take that logic then *****, testicles, prostate, vas deferens, tunica vaginalis, ovary, fallopian tube, uterus bla bla bla all represent embryo.
But sadly they do not.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

Hi my friend this goes to the crux of the issue:

EGG + SPERM = EMBRYO = Chick

EGG + NOTHING = EGG = WASTE

SPERM + NOTHING = WASTE

This is basic biology.

Everything is capable of producing life. In milk we have living bacteria, we have some cow blood cells, we have many other things. In fact if you leave milk alone it becomes yogurt, which is teeming with life. Farr more than any egg.

We live in the 21st century and religious people do not have to believe in the bogey man, superstition and that Amitabh Bachan can beat up 20 men any more. :D

Science tells us this clearly.

I think the problem is not one of religion, but of ignorance.

Last edited:

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
Hi my friend this goes to the crux of the issue:

EGG + SPERM = EMBRYO = Chick

EGG + NOTHING = EGG = WASTE

SPERM + NOTHING = WASTE

This is basic biology.

Dear Randip ji.
I am well versed in basic biology. Trust me.

I will try and explain once again what I meant.
A chick is nourished and develops inside an egg just like an embryo is in womb/uterus. It is that relation of an egg with embryo, even if it does not contain one that may repulse vegetarians from eating it.

I am a non vegetarian by diet and only trying to guess what some vegetarians may feel about consuming egg.

Between egg is not a waste product. It is meant to be fertilized by rooster and produce chicks which we humans prevent from happening in poultry farms so that we can eat them.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM