• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Did God Give Me A Bad Life Then Punish Me For Making It Better?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Lool thank you. But even my Granthy said that apparently if you are not good you get reincarnated into 840ooo sky animals and 840ooo sea creatures, and once you are done you get reincarnated as a mentally retarded or poor family.

Wow great "Granthy"...that one....so mentally retarded and poor people MUST be getting "punished"....and Guru nanak ji must be begging to be "punished" when He says..Neechan ander neech jaat..hum kookar...haun dhadee...and Bhagat Ravidass Ji must have done loads of paaps to be born a cobbler/carcass remover...i am not so sure that "granthy" must be a Super genius IQ 999 and must be Filthy rich too...otherwise how could he be rewarded ??

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
@Harry Reincarnation is true, it even says so, and for proof all the gurus were actually a reincarnation of Guru Nanak's spirit so he can fulfil his duties to make SIkhism even better. Also there is a afterlife, search Narkha or Saachkhand.
Kamala ji can you explain re-incarnation. Can somebody be re-incarnated into somebody living while they were alive. Gur Angad Dev ji was alive when Guru Nanak Dev ji was alive and so was Guru Amar Das ji.

I don't believe in re-incarnation myself in the classic sense of "You hit the can and at the same instant you are going to be born as a dog, snake or lizard, etc.,". I suppose some religions do as Sikhism does not from what I know.

1 Guru Nanak Dev 15 April 1469 20 August 1507 69
2 Guru_Angad_Dev 31 March 1504 7 September 1539 48
3 Guru_Amar_Das 5 May 1479 26 March 1552 95
4 Guru_Ram_Das 24 September 1534 1 September 1574 46
5 Guru_Arjan_Dev 15 April 1563 1 September 1581 43
6 Guru_Har_Gobind 19 June 1595 25 May 1606 48
7 Guru_Har_Rai 16 January 1630 3 March 1644 31
8 Guru_Har_Krishan 7 July 1656 6 October 1661 7
9 Guru_Tegh_Bahadur 1 April 1621 20 March 1665 54
10 Guru_Gobind_Singh 22 December 1666 11 November 1675 41

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Guru nanak Ji did not reincarnate..He tested and carefully validated His Successor...and then passed on His TEACHINGS to the successful candidate. Each succeeding GURU Sahib did the Same validation a nd Testing. Guur nanak ji couldnt possibly be reincarnated while ALIVE in..Bhai lehnna Ji, Bhai Amardass Ji, and Bhai jetha Ji..ALL of whom were LIVING simultaneously with Each Other....

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
@Gyani Jarnail Singh our guru ji is just showing modesty in simplicity.

@Ambarsaria they passed the spirit down when they had to leave.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Dear Sikhboy11 Ji,

The following may be of use to you... and it is only my opinion

Ok, so although "sin" and "paap" are not really concepts in Sikhi... there are good deeds and bad deeds. Bad deeds are those that go against our conscience, when we commit them, for whatever reason (usually b/c of some sort of pressure, desperation or sometimes without thinking too much about them), they have a conscequence... they stay with us until we do something to correct them. The cure for them is to 1)stop doing them, make a decision that you will not do them any longer no matter what 2)put your trust in God, that however difficult it may be, God will always provide an honest path for you to earn 3)ACTIVELY start doing good deeds, seva, help others. although one should not be greedily doing seva, that would defeat the purpose of it... seva DOES have reward (ie. Sikh History > Bhai Lehna Ji).

Last edited:

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
It has been close to two years now since this thread was started. I wonder very much what has happened to Sikhboy ji.

Reading this, I hear a young man of intelligence and perception crying out in desperation. I do not hear self-pity. I think of Jean Valjean.

I have no explanation as to why you were born into such a horrible life, my dear young brother. Time was, I thought I understood, but now I know I don't.

You remind me of why I became a social activist decades ago. The injustice in the world hurts me and I don't like hurting. There is no noble purpose in my activism, BTW, simply the need to relieve this pain. I keep thinking about retiring, leaving the work to those younger and stronger. I have given 50 years of my life to this and I have given enough. I deserve a rest.

Then I read something like you wrote and realise that as long as I still have something to give, I need to keep giving. I live halfway round the world from you and there is literally nothing I can do to help you personally. Instead you have helped me. You have given me the strength to keep going for another day, another week, another month, however long it takes until Guru calls me and I drop dead in my boots.

Dear brother, if you read this, please respond and let us know how you are doing.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: