• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Am I Sikh?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Bani is Guru and Guru is Bani.
Now the question is - is Bani God ?

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007
prove what, exactly? how does one prove faith? this is not some hard science where mathematical equasions mean anything... although we could probably make up some tests to "prove" things if we cared... :)

Sikhs believe that God is beyond our understanding and comprehension. how could we mere mortals understand something as overwhelming as God? and how could we possibly devise tests and formulas to prove something as great as God?

any "test" that "proves" God is just your ego taking over, nothing more.

ਮੰਨੇ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਕਹੀ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
Mannė kī gaṯ kahī na jā­ė.
The state of the faithful cannot be described.

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਕਹੈ ਪਿਛੈ ਪਛੁਤਾਇ ॥
Jė ko kahai picẖẖai pacẖẖuṯā­ė.
One who tries to describe this shall regret the attempt.

ਕਾਗਦਿ ਕਲਮ ਨ ਲਿਖਣਹਾਰੁ||
Kāgaḏ kalam na likẖaṇhār.
No paper, no pen, no scribe

ਮੰਨੇ ਕਾ ਬਹਿ ਕਰਨਿ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
Mannė kā bahi karan vīcẖār.
can record the state of the faithful.

ਐਸਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
Aisā nām niranjan ho­ė.
Such is the Name of the Immaculate Lord.

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਮੰਨਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਮਨਿ ਕੋਇ ॥੧੨॥
Jė ko man jāṇai man ko­ė. ||12||
Only one who has faith comes to know such a state of mind. ||12||

SGGS P.3

Why has god given us an intellect? Whats the function of our intellect? whats the source of our intellect? What about the source of apples, bannas, rice, oxygen, rain, water? Don't you think that this source has the right to be recognised, and that we should only obey, worship, follow, listen to, none but him, not any human being no matter what their theories are only but him?
Please no theories!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Why has god given us an intellect? Whats the function of our intellect? whats the source of our intellect? What about the source of apples, bannas, rice, oxygen, rain, water? Don't you think that this source has the right to be recognised, and that we should only obey, worship, follow, listen to, none but him, not any human being no matter what their theories are only but him?
Please no theories!

And What's your point .sikhs also worship the god.

Apr 11, 2007
After you follow make ideas think eat live, get caught up in life is there any point to it all really, what do you really achieve in this life because you die. Others may remember your achievements but whats the use, you only die in the end. The tree grows, grows fruits to sustain life yet in the end it dies. All the time its taken to grow to have fruit to sustain life. All is done for nothing yet this is sensible this is life, this is wisdom to learn and have nothing in learning no real gain. God has taught us of gaining in life the truth because in the end its all that lasts. Nature is just taking its course. Exsistance is nothingness and nothingness is exsistance. Where nothing seems to exsist you will find something and yet where everything exsists you will find nothing. The idea of the tree many exsistances exsist from its fruits, gives out oxygen home to other animals, yet it withers away and after its entirity what really exsists nothing. Look deep and only the truth Of God=Nature= Beyond descripton The truth is ever lasting

Apr 4, 2007
Please no theories!

i'm sorry, i don't have any idea what "theories" you're talking about or how your post relates to mine.

can you please explain point by point what your problem is?

thank you.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Coming to intellect, it is superior to mind, that is superior to senses and that is superior to body and body... well that is nothing and non- existent in a transition to existent,,,, The Saibhung..the Sat..the Eternal.....the all in all and the causes of all causes.In the end and in the beginning it was and it is and shall BE.
No theories.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<
Please no theories!>>

maybe its an assumption

and you too make an suumption that the "source" has the right to be recognised..

now if anyhting is beyond comprehension, all we can do is make assumptions

is my assumption better than yours?

or someone's better than mine?

there is no point of reference...hence any discussion is baseless and will be without an answer.

humanist

SPNer
Oct 24, 2004
Delhi (India)
Before we try to unravel the mysteries of God, let us go look at our own existence. "Go" because we need to mentally move out of our bodies, and look at ourselves from the eyes of any rational alien.
Several Rishis (with much greater powers of observation, analysis & synthesis than the majority of us do possess) first attempted to find the answer to the following Qusetion, please:-
Who am I?

Now, if you prefer to join an MBA course (condensed knowledge about what business Gurus chose to share with you) rather than learning about businesses by a personal trial & error method, then the simplest way for you to enter the portals of spiritual mysteries is to join any religious sect; it will teach you to walk (aptly worded, to walk into this wonderful world of spiritualism). Religion is like a kindergarten--the first step towards the long journey to knowledge, not the end of all that is knowable. From then on you are at your own, you have to travel alone along this wonderful path to spiritualism; and you may not choose to share with others what you see as you move along--because you will not be able to convince them about it. They may not be able to understand (much less 'experience') what you have seen unless they, too, personally tread this path.

If you could, then surely the scriptures, too, would have succeeded in convincing us ALL.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
That's a very good question my friend,

there are many world religions out there, how do you know you are on the right one?

Well I have a great answer for you!

Firstly please do realise that if a sikh does not follow his scriptures, that does not make him really a sikh. This is the same for all other religions.

Check this link out, and look into it further, trust me, there is only 1 truth!

YouTube - Miracles of the Quran

I have more information for you, but please do let me know.

Sorry to all other fellow humans, i do mean to offend any one.

1 Question:

Did Mohammed write the Quran?

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007
1 Question:

Did Mohammed write the Quran?

The logical conconclusion you can draw, after reading the quran is that it is impossible for a man to have writ that, this is also the conclusion drawn from many top scientists in the world,

Islam Guide: Video Clips of Scientists Comments on Science in the Quran on sceince

Amazon.com: The Bible, the Qu'ran and Science: The Holy Scriptures Examined in the Light of Modern Knowledge: Books: Maurice Bucaille - this scientist analysed a lot of science in the quran, and concluded that there is not a single verse in the quran that contradicts with modern science.

YouTube - Zakir Naik vs William Campbell-Quran and Bible (pt 1 0f 10) - watch this debate, make sure u find all the clips, otherwise i can find it for you if you want me to, i think they are on the right.

Also the quran gives a falsification test, that if you can find one contradition in it, this is sufficient to say that it is not from God, because god cannot make mistakes!

Friend be wise and think well ahead. There are a lot of garbage out there, but always be searching for the truth, ask god to guide, you and you will find it!

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007
<<
Please no theories!>>

maybe its an assumption

and you too make an suumption that the "source" has the right to be recognised..

now if anyhting is beyond comprehension, all we can do is make assumptions

is my assumption better than yours?

or someone's better than mine?

there is no point of reference...hence any discussion is baseless and will be without an answer.

an assumption needs evidence to become presumption, presumption needs enough evidence to become a fact!

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007
i have a question for Kay... where in the qur'an does it tell you to push your religion on other people? just curious because i've read most of it and i've never seen that passage...

thanks!

sorry to be annoying, to be honest, i dont think i am approaching you people right, my fault, but yes - its not fair for me to know the truth and not tell anyone else, yes it does say to preach with wisdom.!

Apr 4, 2007
sorry to be annoying, to be honest, i dont think i am approaching you people right, my fault, but yes - its not fair for me to know the truth and not tell anyone else, yes it does say to preach with wisdom.!

ok, you've preached. now please back off. if you'd like to discuss sikh related issues i'm sure people here will be happy to comply. but if that means telling us we're wrong... well i don't think it's necessary. i promise you you are not going to convert a single person with this tactic. :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
The logical conconclusion you can draw, after reading the quran is that it is impossible for a man to have writ that, this is also the conclusion drawn from many top scientists in the world,

Islam Guide: Video Clips of Scientists Comments on Science in the Quran on sceince

Amazon.com: The Bible, the Qu'ran and Science: The Holy Scriptures Examined in the Light of Modern Knowledge: Books: Maurice Bucaille - this scientist analysed a lot of science in the quran, and concluded that there is not a single verse in the quran that contradicts with modern science.

YouTube - Zakir Naik vs William Campbell-Quran and Bible (pt 1 0f 10) - watch this debate, make sure u find all the clips, otherwise i can find it for you if you want me to, i think they are on the right.

Also the quran gives a falsification test, that if you can find one contradition in it, this is sufficient to say that it is not from God, because god cannot make mistakes!

Friend be wise and think well ahead. There are a lot of garbage out there, but always be searching for the truth, ask god to guide, you and you will find it!

The all you have posted is plain garbage .Just go to Faith Freedom International :: Index and then see how anti islamic scholars will tear your claim into peices.Do you have guts to do it?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM