• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who's Who

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Seeker07

You have asked some very interesting questions in the last few days. The question on this thread is deceptively simple. Who or what is the Naam that the Guru gives is the really hard question. It is not easy to answer -- and I am sure that there will be others more qualified than I who will participate.

But here is what makes the question about Satgur difficult. Obviously Satgur means more than The True Guru -- otherwise there would not be so many uses of the term. Satgur in some settings actually refers to a human being who has received "Naam" (another deceptively simple concept) and has the ability to pass Naam onto other human beings. Within the Shabd Guru tradition Waheguru is the Satgur. Yet this opens up another line of questions - Are Waheguru and Guru one and the same. Was there a Divine Presence before there was Waheguru? Did Waheguru merge with this Divine Presence making two become One?

The logical analysis, and fund of theological knowledge required to carry on a meaningful dialog, is beyond my abilities. And somehow my need to worship fervently is disturbed by too much discussion, too much logic, too much analysis.

There is a place for discussion, logic and analysis -- as in Internet forum. That is how we learn. But at some point, speaking only for myself, I know I need to just concede -- All is Waheguru, Truth is the Identity of Waheguru, who is the Satgur -- and be done with it. It is all in the mool mantar.

The Naam received from Guru (Waheguru) would then be the reason for prayer.

Does this make sense?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected Aad ji,

I am posting my doubts and hope that the same should be removed by those who have closer and clear understanding of the gurbani. We will always be a learner till we part of and actually find out the meanings of Gurbani thru. the difficult route of re-incarnation.

But then,wow, we shall not remember about the past and hence this question.

Good luck and Warm Regards.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I stand answered in view of that have been stated in the post of another thread where in Maskeen ji had explained the relaionship between God and Guru. One may kindly refer to the thread of Dharma and faith ,etc...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: