• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sects Who Was The Guru Of Param Sant Tulsi Sahib Hathras?

mesweetcute

SPNer
Jun 16, 2008
who was the guru of param sant tulsi sahib hathras ??this question is so important as now days ever seeker of true ssprituality waana know dis....

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
who was the guru of param sant tulsi sahib hathras ??this question is so important as now days ever seeker of true ssprituality waana know dis....

mesweetcute ji, it is Sweet and Cute 'God', 'Sahib', 'Parmaatma'.

mesweetcute Ji, you are asking for whose Guru is who? may I ask: can you tell who is your Guru--- just joking. Anyways thanks for bringing up the question.

mesweetcute

SPNer
Jun 16, 2008
dear honey,
i m asking dis question.coz in days time there are almost lakh`s of people who r following sahib kabir n tulsi sahib`s panth...n now days there are approx. 12 panths of kabir panths r running...n abt tulasi sahib hathras wale...............as i know swami shiv dyal ji was his disciple..................as u also know now days approx. 6 panths r running under radhasoami ......so i asked dis question...as me any many other people like me waana who were the main guru or u can say spritual personality behind dat.???

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
dear honey,
i m asking dis question.coz in days time there are almost lakh`s of people who r following sahib kabir n tulsi sahib`s panth...n now days there are approx. 12 panths of kabir panths r running...n abt tulasi sahib hathras wale...............as i know swami shiv dyal ji was his disciple..................as u also know now days approx. 6 panths r running under radhasoami ......so i asked dis question...as me any many other people like me waana who were the main guru or u can say spritual personality behind dat.???

mesweetcute Ji,

See, if we look at your question even in a scholistic manner, you know that even History cant provide you with an answer comprised of a 'definite human figure'. As your mind is playing a game of logic, you are trying to satisfy its urge to win.

Answer to your each and every question lies in Gurbani, only effort from your part is to surrender to Its Truth, leaving your human logic behind-extremely hard but not impossible. (If you follow a different religion or faith, there must be true saints in that one as well- any true saint tells a seeker the same one truth, which is quoted in Gurbani(Sikh Scripture) as well:listen to them/him/her)

Brahmgyani aap parmesar- it means no limits are there any more like he is ramanand or some other human entity, it doesnt matter any more what worldy religion he/she followed, God is without name-nirnaame. A non-brahmgyani looks at a brahmgyani with his her own limitations, Guru Ji tells brahmgyani ki gat brahmgyani jaaney.

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਰਾਖਿਓ ਗੁਰਿ ਸਰਨਾ ॥
kar kirapaa raakhiou gur saranaa ||
In His Mercy, the Guru has kept me under His protection.
ਗੁਰਿ ਪਕਰਾਏ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਚਰਨਾ ॥
gur pakaraaeae har kae charanaa ||
The Guru has attached me to the Lord's Feet.
ਬੀਸ ਬਿਸੁਏ ਜਾ ਮਨ ਠਹਰਾਨੇ ॥
bees bisueae jaa man theharaanae ||
When the mind is totally held in check,
ਗੁਰ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਏਕੈ ਹੀ ਜਾਨੇ ॥੨॥
gur paarabreham eaekai hee jaanae ||2||
one sees the Guru and the Supreme Lord God as one and the same. ||2||

mesweetcute Ji,
Gurbani says- mann jeetay jagjeet, not the other way around.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Yes he is from Kunda Panthi .There is a poem from him in which he sees a young lady with a bosom.He asks another lady that which ailment has made her chest swollen.She tells that tihs is source of food to her child.He breaks his vessal for food saying that God, makes arrangement for food before birth so why should we be afraid about food.

He is from Kunda Panth and was Guru of mother of Swami Shiv Dayal.Das will ask his Radhaswami relative about his Guru.But most of them are not up to the mark as per as sprituality is concerned.

Feb 16, 2010
Tulsi sahib k guru sant dariya sahib hai ..sant dariya sahib k guru jagjivan sahib hai or jagjivan sahi k guru sant paltu sahib sant paltu sahib k guru ..guru gobind sahib arthaat guru gobin singh ji hain ...

1. tulsi sahib k shish soami shiv dyal ji ka bachan unke granth sar bachan main likha hai ki mera mat to satnam ka hai radha soami to saal gram ka chalaya hua hai ..soami shiv dyal satnam k upasak the . unka satnami mat tha ...

2. soami shiv dyal ji ka bachan ki ...

tulsi ka mat joyi paltu jagjivan kahe soyi ..!!

In santan ka doon parmana, inki bani saakh vakhana !!

Soami ji ka kathan hai ki jo paltu or jagjivan sahib ka mat hai wo tulsi sahib ne apnaya . kehne ka tatpre ye hai ki paltu sahib or jagjivan ka mat satnam ka tha ye sant bi satnam k upasak the . en santo ko satnami sadhu bi kaha jata hai . kush etiharker ratnager rao ko tulsi sahi k guru maan te hai . ye parman theek sabat nahi hota . ratnager rao ka koi bi salok ya bani nahi milti or na hi koi sakhi ..ager maan bi lo ratnagar rao paltu sahib k guru hai jab guru gobind singh the us waqt ratnagar rao ki umar kam-se-kam 25 ya 30 ki to hogi hi . ager ratnagar rao ki umar 1708 main 30 kithi to .satnam ka updesh paltu sahib ko guru gobind singh ji se mila ..in santo k bina kisi ne bi intna satnam ka parchar nahi kiya jitna tulsi sahib, shivdyal paltu jagjivan or dariya sahib ne kiya hai ..

kirpya hindi bhasha ka sanman karen

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Tulsi sahib k guru sant dariya sahib hai ..sant dariya sahib k guru jagjivan sahib hai or jagjivan sahi k guru sant paltu sahib sant paltu sahib k guru ..guru gobind sahib arthaat guru gobin singh ji hain ...

1. tulsi sahib k shish soami shiv dyal ji ka bachan unke granth sar bachan main likha hai ki mera mat to satnam ka hai radha soami to saal gram ka chalaya hua hai ..soami shiv dyal satnam k upasak the . unka satnami mat tha ...

2. soami shiv dyal ji ka bachan ki ...

Soami ji ka kathan hai ki jo paltu or jagjivan sahib ka mat hai wo tulsi sahib ne apnaya . kehne ka tatpre ye hai ki paltu sahib or jagjivan ka mat satnam ka tha ye sant bi satnam k upasak the . en santo ko satnami sadhu bi kaha jata hai . kush etiharker ratnager rao ko tulsi sahi k guru maan te hai . ye parman theek sabat nahi hota . ratnager rao ka koi bi salok ya bani nahi milti or na hi koi sakhi ..ager maan bi lo ratnagar rao paltu sahib k guru hai jab guru gobind singh the us waqt ratnagar rao ki umar kam-se-kam 25 ya 30 ki to hogi hi . ager ratnagar rao ki umar 1708 main 30 kithi to .satnam ka updesh paltu sahib ko guru gobind singh ji se mila ..in santo k bina kisi ne bi intna satnam ka parchar nahi kiya jitna tulsi sahib, shivdyal paltu jagjivan or dariya sahib ne kiya hai ..

kirpya hindi bhasha ka sanman karen

manindersatnami ji

The official language of the forum is English. Please rewrite this or provide an English summary Thank you Narayanjot Kaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
For curious forum members there is a very good article on this question located at this link, where you will read that one possible answer to the question is Sant Ratnagar Rao

Link to article

Here is the beginning of the article. The connection to the Kabir panth is explained.

Param Sant Tulsi Sahib (1763 - 1843)

Tulsi's earlier name was Dakhani Baba, meaning, "Saint from the South."

It occurs to me that the whole archetypal Prince Siddhartha-like story of Tulsi Sahib belonging to the royal lineage of the Peshwas, running away the day before what would have been his coronation, etc.... might simply be viewed as apocryphal accounts composed and believed by others decades or even centuries after-the-fact without necessarily there being any actual historically verifiable basis for such beliefs. The same can be said of a connection between Tulsi Sahib and a mythic character by the name of Ratnagar Rao, alleged to be a successor of Guru Gobind Singh. Still have not found a single historic reference to anyone by the name of Sant Ratnagar Rao living in ANY century. On the Guru Gobind Singh-Ratnagar Rao connection -- the theory that Gobind Singh lived much longer than the history books record and could have appointed a successor such as Ratnagar Rao: "Agam Prasad Mathur and S. D. Maheshwari, however, do not accept this heterodox proposition--primarily on the grounds that it is 'not historically true,' [*NOTE: Agam Prasad Mathur, op. cit., page 24. *] because the 1708 date for Gobind Singh's death is accurate." (David Lane)

(A few have a belief that there was a guru by the name of Ratnagar Rao who was a successor of Guru Gobind Singh and that eventually he initiated Tulsi Sahib. If there were such a connection to the Ten Sikh Gurus, that would be fine with me. If there was a Sant Ratnagar Rao that once lived somewhere, at some time in the past - wonderful. I would gladly post his shabds on the web. So far however, I'm not seeing evidence for any direct historic connection between Sant Tulsi Sahib and Guru Gobind Singh, and thus far, nobody has been able to provide any evidence for the existance of a Sant Ratnagar Rao.)

The connection is to Sant Mat and not to Sikhism. These kinds of discussions are brought to confuse people. Sant Mat is the spiritual tradition of the Roadhaswami who are not Sikhs and who held that Guru Gobind Singh did not die in 1708, but rather lived in the jungle for a long time.

The thread is moved from Sikh Sikhi Sikhism as none of the issues here are per Gurmat.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Satnami ji,

Kirpya hindi bhasha ka durupyog na karen! hindi bhasha ko angrezi mein likhna hindi bhasha ka ghor apmaan hae... iss forum ki official bhasha sirf angrezi hai aur mujhae pura zakeen hae ki aap angrezi achi tarhn se jante hain...

This is your final warning.

SPN Admin

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM