Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Leisure Who is Your Favorite Singer?

Discussion in 'Business, Lifestyle & Leisure' started by celinasinha, Aug 3, 2012.

1. celinasinha

celinasinha
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hello Friends.

Michael Jackson is the best singer in the world. He is the greatest ever king of every thing in music. He is dead so what he is still alive in our hearts. . I am the greatest Michael Jackson fan ever in the history of the world. I love Michael Jackson very much. Michael Jackson is the greatest singer of all the time. His name will be remember ever in the history of all the centuries. His all songs were very nature loving and sweet.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    One Of My Favorite Songs, Would It Work In Sikhi Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jul 29, 2016
    SPN Leaders, You & Our Favorite Poets Inspirational Stories Oct 13, 2013
    Punjabi Proverbs - Add Your Favorites! Punjab, Punjabi, Punjabiyat May 13, 2013
    A Portrait of Sikhi: What are your Favorite Photos? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 8, 2013
    Punjabi Gurdas Mann, My Favorites Videos Jan 20, 2011

3. Joginder Singh Foley

Joginder Singh Foley United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Re: what is your favorite singer

WJKKWJKF Sat Siri Akal

No contest when it comes to vocals its the Ace of spades himself Ian Fraser Killmister....AKA Lemmy from my fav band.......Motorhead

:happysingh:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Apache Spark, Scala developer
    Writer SPNer

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Re: what is your favorite singer

Mine is Gopal Singh Blind Ragi, (Late) Bakshish Singh Patialwalhe hazooree ragi, Sunder singh hazoorie ragi Ragis dharam singh Zakhmi etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luckysingh

Luckysingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

When it comes to western music, my range is massively huge.
    I wouldn't really regard Michael Jackson as THE best singer, but after seeing him live on every tour after the ''bad''tour, I would definitely say that he was a Great Entertainer, may be the best in the music industry!!!
    His performance was fantastic and actually got better and better with time. But, I can't just isolate his singing voice away from his whole performance to say that it was the best singing!! -I think that his performance was unique but was just a great combination of everything he gave.
    Because of this, if he was still around then he may have become a legend as such like Elvis.- Maybe he will, only time will tell.

My musical interest are very wide from classic jazz and rock to todays dance and hip hop. I can't say that I rate anyone as a favourite singer as such, in my opinion I always think that if someone can sing better than me, then they are good and I can't criticize them. I may compare them to each other by all means.
    With certain musicians you can isolate their singing away from their bands and music so that the pure quality of singing shines through-
    - In this regard, I would probably say Bono, Phil Collins, Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler, Bruce Springsteen, Steve Perry, Bruno Mars and of course the king Elvis!!- There are probably many more but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

From the Indian subcontinent, I rate many of which some I don't even know their names! But I would say- Bhai Gurpreet Singh shimlawal, Gopal singh Ragi, Tirlochan singh Ragi, Joginder Singh Riar and many more kirtanae.

Folk singers, I would say Kuldip Manak and Yamla Jatt.
    More modern singers, I would have to say Jazzy Bains and Surinder (DCS). -
    -The reason for these four is because they can carry any melody or tune in any raag quite well, whilst others can only limit to a selected few quite well.
    Again, these are the only ones that come to mind at the moment as there are probably many more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luckysingh

Luckysingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Anyway, who is my favourite singer ?
    Well, there is only one person that I know that can sing kirtan, punjabi folk, rock, rock and roll, do a little rapping also, with some jazz and funk, do some blues also.

You can hear this person do all of this in the course of an hour or so! The singing is not brilliant but it's the switching that matters.

8. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

9. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Aziz Miyan

#8 Astroboy, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  10. itsmaneet

itsmaneet
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Bhai Nirmal Singh Ji Khalsa,
    Bhai Inderjit Singh Ji Khalsa,
    Bhai Gurmail Singh (Retd. Hazoori Ragi, Darbar Sahib)
    Bhai Gurmej Singh (Retd. Hazoori Ragi, Darbar Sahib)

11. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

Moya Brennan of Clannad

12. Archived_member14

Archived_member14
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Was watching an aged Robert Plant singing Whole Lotta Love last night and was reminded about this favorite singer of mine, Roger Daltrey:

http://youtu.be/ygOaNo3M_Hw

Led Zappelin is of course my favorite Rock band. :redturban:

13. Luckysingh

Luckysingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

I've always thought that Roger Daltery was from The Who and Robert Plant from led zeppelin!!!

14. Archived_member14

Archived_member14
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Yes, Roger Daltrey is my favorite singer but The Who is not my favorite band. Led Zeppelin is my favorite, followed by Cream and one which I discovered just two years ago, Tool. This is one track by them:

http://youtu.be/_tcW-j7KFgY

:redturban:

15. namjiwankaur

namjiwankaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor