• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Is The Guru Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all!

The previous Guru has traditionally given his Guru ship to the following Guru. Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Gurgadde to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Is He alone the Guru of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji passing it, also when He did not include His Baanee in the present Guru? Please express your views.

Balbir Singh

Jul 10, 2006
Dear all!

Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Gurgadde to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Is He alone the Guru of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji passing it, also
when He did not include His Baanee in the present Guru?

Balbir Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Could you please re-phrase your question.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Kaur-1 Ji!

Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not include any of His Baanee in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Did He not say anything to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji? Still, He gave the Guru ship or passed it on to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
I wish to know who is the true Guru of our present Guru. Is He Guru Gobind Singh Ji alone or all the Gurus together?

Balbir Singh

Nov 21, 2006
Bhai Sahib Jeeo

Your answer comes in our daily ardas. "Dassan Guraan Di Jot Sri Guru Granth Sahib"

Dassan Guru ie. The Jot of all Ten Gurus

Guldeep Singh, Franklin Lakes, NJ

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Guldeep Singh Jee!

Thanks for your post.

Quote "Your answer comes in our daily ardas. 'Dassan Guraan Di Jot Sri Guru Granth Sahib' Dassan Guru ie. The Jot of all Ten Gurus"
I found Hymns from six Gurus in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. In which form is this Jot of all Ten Gurus in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee?
Is it not that all Gurus have One Jot not ten? Please explain.

Balbir Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Tenth Master did not give Guruship to Sabad Guru(read Sidh Gost Guru of First Master was Sabad Guru).

First Master tranfered Guruship to Panth Khalsa.(Read Sarbloh Granth).

Anyway priaml Guru is Akal be it of Sabad Guru or be it Guru Panth.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Gurmukh balbir singh ji,
pray and say Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

IS it "really essential" that only the writing of "Gurbani" is proof of JYOT being transferred ?? I think NOT. Jyot is the "philosophy" that Guru nanak Ji propogated and the other Gurus carried it along and Now this philosophy is in the SGGS.
IF we go by your arguments..then the Guru of Guru Amardass Ji is ONLY "Guru Angad Ji"....since Guru nanak ji never gave Guru Amardass Ji gurgadee ?? Thus each Guru becomes successor of only "one" Guru ???
In a Mala of Pearls...which "pearl" is the first one and which is the last one ?? Are the pearls more important or the Thread ?? In a circle where is the beginning and the end...
SHABAD GURU is PRIMAL...Akal Purakh....and Guru nanak ji declared this fact in Sidh ghost...this "thread" hold all the Gurus in one Mala...at one end is Guru nanak ji and at the other end is SGGS..no one cna say this"Guur" comes first and that "Guru" comes last....it is a complete CIRCLE..no end no beginning...I hope my light is burning ?
Gyani jarnail Singh

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Gyani Jarnail Singh Jee!

Thanks for a good post. I appreciate it.

Quote " . . . and Guru nanak ji declared this fact in Sidh ghost...this "thread" hold all the Gurus in one Mala...at one end is Guru nanak ji and at the other end is SGGS."
Did Guru Nanak Ji talk about SGGS Jee with Sidhaas?
In the cosmos every molecule is a pearl. God is the thread. All pearls are interconnected with one another. Did the Gurus ever sing that only they were the lucky ones to be a part of the Maalaa? Please provide a reference.

It is a great opportunity for mortals, who only know Sargun God unconsciously, to realize the Gurus as a necklace (Maalaa) though. They are blessed and luckier than those who do not have eyes to see.
Having the Maalaa in hand or around the neck is a different thing than the continuous Jaap of the Gur Shabad that leads one inwardly first. What can one say about those who are carrying a group photograph of the Gurus in a row like the Maalaa? Who can convince them that they have found the Shabad Guru?
Is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee the printed Photo of the Shabad Guru? With respect many have learnt to call Him God though, from whom?

Balbir Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Satsriakal!
Vijaydeep Singh Ji!

The topic here is 'Who is the Guru of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee'.
Please shed some light on this. I hope your lamp is burning.
Singh Sahib Ji,

If das is lamp or if das is not lamp but you are sun for us and your light show us the way.

Anyway Adi Ant Eke Awtara Soi Guru Samjhiyo Hamram.One who is landed/manfested/incarnated,in all,behold that as our Guru.So ture Guru of all is Gurbar Akal.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Vijaydeep Singh Jee!

Quote "Anyway Adi Ant Eke Awtara Soi Guru Samjhiyo Hamram.One who is landed/manfested/incarnated,in all,behold that as our Guru.So ture Guru of all is Gurbar Akal."
A friend wants to write and publish a book. Have I understood it correctly? Gurbar Akaal is the Guru of the friend, writer, publisher and the book also. Later Gurbar Akaal will become the Guru of the readers too.

Balbir Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

gurbar Akal is reader,publisher,and writer and all the things.Khel Khel Akehel Khelan....Ungamable plays game and at end all is one(player by self).

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM