Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Who is Kal Sahaar?

Discussion in 'Gurmat Vichaar' started by The lion king, Sep 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. The lion king

The lion king
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hey all,
    I was reading the Sri Guru Granth Sahib today trying to understand some quotes picked up from a book I was reading until coming across a word I didnt quite understand.

Now, I understand that each quote or paragraph starts from a Guru or a bhagat, which in turn tells you that the respective person wrote it.

To cut it short, my question is what or who is 'kal sahaar'? it comes several times in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Here are some quotes I managed to find:

O Kal Sahaar, chant the Praises of Lehnaa throughout the seven continents; He met with the Lord, and became Guru of the World. ||1||Page 1391, Line 5

O Kal Sahaar, chant the Praises of Lehnaa throughout the seven continents; He met with the Lord, and became Guru of the World. ||2||

O Kal Sahaar, chant the Praises of Lehnaa throughout the seven continents; He met with the Lord, and became Guru of the World. ||3||

Kal Sahaar chants His Glorious Praises.

He is the Destroyer of fear, the Eradicator of the pains of others. Kall Sahaar the poet utters Your Praise, O Guru.

Does 'kal' mean death or something to do with death? Also, can you tell me who wrote these verses

Thank you :)

2. Loading...