• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Is Kal Sahaar?

Jun 14, 2004
London
Hey all,
I was reading the Sri Guru Granth Sahib today trying to understand some quotes picked up from a book I was reading until coming across a word I didnt quite understand.

Now, I understand that each quote or paragraph starts from a Guru or a bhagat, which in turn tells you that the respective person wrote it.

To cut it short, my question is what or who is 'kal sahaar'? it comes several times in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Here are some quotes I managed to find:

O Kal Sahaar, chant the Praises of Lehnaa throughout the seven continents; He met with the Lord, and became Guru of the World. ||1||Page 1391, Line 5

O Kal Sahaar, chant the Praises of Lehnaa throughout the seven continents; He met with the Lord, and became Guru of the World. ||2||

O Kal Sahaar, chant the Praises of Lehnaa throughout the seven continents; He met with the Lord, and became Guru of the World. ||3||

Kal Sahaar chants His Glorious Praises.

He is the Destroyer of fear, the Eradicator of the pains of others. Kall Sahaar the poet utters Your Praise, O Guru.

Does 'kal' mean death or something to do with death? Also, can you tell me who wrote these verses

Thank you :)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: Whats 'Kal sahaar'

These quotes are from the Bhattan de swaiyaeh..

Kal Sahaar is one of the BHATTS who wrote these poems in Guru Granth Ji sahib.

These swaiyahs can be found towards the end of Guru Granth ji Sahib.

There are all together 10 bhatts.

Jarnail Singh

rsd

SPNer
Dec 8, 2005
[Kal Sahaar was one of the Bhats whose 54 Sawayas were included in Shri Guru Granth Sahib by the 5th Guru who compiled The Granth.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: