• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Am I?

humanist

SPNer
Oct 24, 2004
Delhi (India)
Friends,

I was born into a Sikh family; neither at the pre-natal stage nor in the natal stage had I a religion.

Questions:-
1. Who made me a Sikh?
2. Which Verse & Chapter of the Holy Scriptures or provision of 'positive law' (Municipal or statutory Law) authorises or even explicitly endorses such auto-baptism?
3. Which Verse & Chapter of the Sikh Holy Scriptures defines "naam"?
4. In the absence of such a definition, which Verse & Chapter of the Sikh Holy Scriptures prohibits me from identifying a particular image, idea or concept with "naam"?
5. Who wrote the 'Dasham Granth' and when?
6. When Sri Guru Granth sahib itself encompasses the wise words of spirtual personalities-- irrespective of their individual associations with certain images with "naam", then will it be proper for us to reject the wise words of those who live in the preasanti?

Will it not be wonderful to have your illuminating answers to these questions, please?

Humanist

Sep 20, 2004
humanist said:
Friends,

I was born into a Sikh family; neither at the pre-natal stage nor in the natal stage had I a religion.

Questions:-
1. Who made me a Sikh?
2. Which Verse & Chapter of the Holy Scriptures or provision of 'positive law' (Municipal or statutory Law) authorises or even explicitly endorses such auto-baptism?
4. In the absence of such a definition, which Verse & Chapter of the Sikh Holy Scriptures prohibits me from identifying a particular image, idea or concept with "naam"?
6. When Sri Guru Granth sahib itself encompasses the wise words of spirtual personalities-- irrespective of their individual associations with certain images with "naam", then will it be proper for us to reject the wise words of those who live in the preasanti?

Will it not be wonderful to have your illuminating answers to these questions, please?

Humanist
Welcome Humanist :)

1. Who made me a Sikh?
  • Simple answer, Noone. To be a Sikh is a purly by your own choice, sweet will. Nobody can force you to be a Sikh. Sikhi can never be inherited.
  • This question is non existant. A sikh is a truth seeker. Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not a book of instructions for humans that we should follow. Its a way of life. We have to live Sikhi.
  • You can the research the following interesting discussions on "Naam" in depth. It would be wonderful if you can add to these discussions. :)
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/what-is-god.61/
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/swar-vidya.260/

• Replied in your question # 2
  • Sikh Scholars are researching on the writer of Dasam Granth Ji. Why did you ask this question ?

Everybody is free to follow his heart and mind. Sikhism does not claim to be the only way. Sikhism does not force itself on anybody.

Chardi Kalaa (Live life in high spirits)
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: