• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Which Is A Better Path ?

Dec 8, 2005
Dear brother

SSAKAL

I have a question.

The world can today be broadly be grouped into two worlds

1. The faith world represented by Islam

2. The world of why , evolution and technology represented by the Christian faith.

which path should Sikhs follow or should we fuse the two thoughts.

Fusion has been our strong point :confused: .

Love

WGKWJF

:) hps62:)

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Singh ji

Waheguru JI ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ji fateh

I dont think any thing is left to be done by us Mortals

Every thing has been done already by the founders if Sikhi

As you said therwe are two types of groups .. well there even more than these two

And I dont think that Christian faith is like why , evolution etc.. Christian faith is stricly against the Evolution , Christian also has a basic concept of Faith but they put all their faith in son of GID( Jesus) and think that God /Akal HImself /herself is bound by the Jesus as they think that he is the only way or saviour

Same is true about Jews who thinks Moses as their Saviour

There are more groups like present day Hindu who have faith in just boons of AKAL /GOD
I mean just small wonderful manisfestation of god like Demi gods /devis /Devatas nad has no possible connection with god . The old Hinduis or you can say Vedic Religion had faith in GOD

There are groups like Bhuddism there is no faith in GOD they depend on human quest and if they find a god in their quest than there is god other wise no god
so god is not present until unless proved otherwise

Now islam has Faith in One GOD /Allah and Muslim also think that Allah is essentially bound by a Kuran ina sense they are so locked in a book that they wont accept anything more or less beyond KURAN Even if Allah Himself Comes down to convince them So in a sense they have imprisoned Allah and now after writing Kuran Allah cant say anything Further

Now Sikhism too has Faith in GOD/AKAL/ALLAH but still God is not bound in sikhism he is not bound by any writing , he can do anything he want by this I mean he can send as many messages and messanger in present time and future to earth

So people following Sikhism can evolve as the time passes and can take help of Science technology and what ever that make them understand more about AKAL

So Sikhism is already all Inclusive of all the concepts and the two groups you mentioned are just part of /stages of development . as the spirtual JOurney starts human has more faith in his own understanding that is we call Science ,Theories of creation/evolution and the faith in AKAL is Little , But as he progress in journey HIs faith in AKAL increases and faith in personal understanding starts to vanish and at the ens just faiyh in AKAL is left As in sikhism you dont meet AKAL at the end instead you become one with AKAL.

well what ever I have written I should be obvious that its my personal understanding ,and forgive me for causing unintentional Offence to any body whether sikh or non sikh

Jatinder Singh

Jatinder Singh

ISDhillon

SPNer
Dec 13, 2005
Satsriakal Ji,:wah:

I think one of the greatest and most beautiful verses from sri guru granth sahib ji says something like "raaj naa chaaoo mukt naa chaooo maan preet charan kamalaree", I think this is an amazing message, it tells me I dont need power or salvation I just want to live in gods bosom, and for me gods bosom is a loving creation, but in terms of path we believe in santsipahi.

Bhul chuk maaf,:star:

Indy:)

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
hps62 said:
1. The faith world represented by Islam

2. The world of why , evolution and technology represented by the Christian faith.
I beg to differ sir. Somehow, these seem to be gross generalizations.

Bhull chukk maaf ji.

satvin

SPNer
Dec 6, 2006
Kolkata
WGJKK WGJKF
Dear All

Ji, There is no Path which we follow. It is all under Hukum. Hukum of the Almighty.
It is our biggest misunderstanding that we Follow or we do (and it is due to Hukum too) Coz, Hukumay Andar Sabh ko Bahar Hukum na Koye.

Bhool Chook Maaf
Gur Fateh

Satvin

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Satvin Jee!

Quote "Ji, There is no Path which we follow. It is all under Hukum. Hukum of the Almighty.
It is our biggest misunderstanding that we Follow or we do (and it is due to Hukum too) Coz, Hukumay Andar Sabh ko Bahar Hukum na Koye."

Ji, Enlightened people recognize that their ignorance is God's Hukam. Ignorant advertises his smartness as God's Hukam.

Balbir Singh

satvin

SPNer
Dec 6, 2006
Kolkata
WGJKK WGJKF

Dear All and Balbir ji

Quote "Ji, Enlightened people recognize that their ignorance is God's Hukam. Ignorant advertises his smartness as God's Hukam."

Ji Rightly said, not only ignorance but every thing is Under God's Hukum. Ji can you give any example from GGSJI where enlightened people recognize their ignorance as God's Hukum?

Gur Fateh

Satvin

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Satvin Jee!

Quote "Ji can you give any example from GGSJI where enlightened people recognize their ignorance as God's Hukum?"

I hope few examples satisfy your need.

"mai moorakh mugaDh oopar karahu da-i-aa." SGGS 1170-15 Guru Amar Daas Jee

"mayray raam mai moorakh har raakh mayray gus-ee-aa." SGGS Ang 166-1 Guru Raam Daas Jee

"tayray gun bahutay mai ayk na jaani-aa mai moorakh kichh deejai." SGGS Ang 596-16 Guru Naanak Dev Jee

"kara-o bayntee satgur apunay mai moorakh dayh updayso ray." SGGS Ang 612-9 Guru Arjan Dev Jee

"jo too deh so kahaa su-aamee mai moorakh kahan na jaa-ee." SGGS Ang 795-4 Guru Naanak Dev Jee

Balbir Singh

satvin

SPNer
Dec 6, 2006
Kolkata
WGJKK WGJKF

Dear All and Balbeer ji
One should understand the Baani with reference (if he is ready to understand) and not by mere 1 line. every thing is under Hukum is very much clear and if any one has a doubt than that doubt is also due to HUKUM...

Gur Fateh
Satvin

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
interesting point..

does Sikh thought believe that human consciouness is a seperate entity, independent from influence of God or is it controlled by God ?

just a stream of thought...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM