• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Whats That Pain Between Eyebrows When Meditating?

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
When I lately start meditating, I feel intense pain between eyebrows but then little bit up. It takes away all the concentration it feels like something is flowing out there.

Can someone tell me what this is? And how I can prevent it.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Maybe you're straining your eyes. Try meditating with your eyes open a little bit and your sight settled on a spot on the floor a comfortable distance away. Even if you start your meditation this way and close your eyes later but maintaining that kind of relaxaton in your eyes.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
When I lately start meditating, I feel intense pain between eyebrows but then little bit up. It takes away all the concentration it feels like something is flowing out there.

try not meditating in front of a magnifying glass at noon...

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
Maybe you're straining your eyes. Try meditating with your eyes open a little bit and your sight settled on a spot on the floor a comfortable distance away. Even if you start your meditation this way and close your eyes later but maintaining that kind of relaxaton in your eyes.

Thanks, I do feel my eyes straining often during meditation, I also tried to meditate with partly open eyes, however that way I can't really concentrate.

Isna ji I also feel it when I just concentrate on that place.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012

are you trying to focus your attention there? during meditation?

It could be strain like the other members have stated if your trying to hard to focus there...

or it could be your inner eye chakra activating...so you may feel pressure there...or see light whilst your eyes are closed...

if you're focusing there and straining your eyes as a result..then best to avoid this :) or just don't focus so hard...

just relax through your meditation...you cannot force anything...
eventually you will know if its just eye strain or something more fruitful in a spiritual sense

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
are you trying to focus your attention there? during meditation?

It could be strain like the other members have stated if your trying to hard to focus there...

or it could be your inner eye chakra activating...so you may feel pressure there...or see light whilst your eyes are closed...

if you're focusing there and straining your eyes as a result..then best to avoid this :) or just don't focus so hard...

just relax through your meditation...you cannot force anything...
eventually you will know if its just eye strain or something more fruitful in a spiritual sense

Chaz singh ji, I don't feel it like a plessure it takes my concentration away and makes me focus on my the inner eye chakra which makes the tingling/pain worse.

When the tingling starts to occur I start concentrating on it. I think its the tingling which cause my eyes to strain.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz singh ji, I don't feel it like a plessure it takes my concentration away and makes me focus on my the inner eye chakra which makes the tingling/pain worse.

I think its the tingling which cause my eyes to strain.

usually when people intentionally focus in that region, they end up just over straining their eyes and self imploding :)

If you are not intentionally focusing on that region and are still getting these tingles/pain...then try to reduce the amount of meditation for a little while...and see how that goes...try various things...

some signs of third eye region activating is pressure in between eyebrows...tapping sensation...pressure..etc etc and sometimes manifestation of light...

Canada

SPNer
Jun 12, 2014
I've had this happen; it is the anya chakra, or at least that's what I thought it was.
Are you wearing dastaar while meditating? The way I wear mine tends to re-distribute that kind of pressure higher up.

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
I've had this happen; it is the anya chakra, or at least that's what I thought it was.
Are you wearing dastaar while meditating? The way I wear mine tends to re-distribute that kind of pressure higher up.

Canada ji I wear nothing on my head when I meditate. Do you also feel that flow/tingling when you put your head against someone else head?

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece

Do these Chakras have any anatomical/neurological basis or they exist only in the imagination of Yoga practitioners? Since these Chakras are claimed to exist in our body/brain, I would like something more substantial than 'You can't see God too, but you can feel God' type of argument.
Thanks.

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
Do these Chakras have any anatomical/neurological basis or they exist only in the imagination of Yoga practitioners? Since these Chakras are claimed to exist in our body/brain, I would like something more substantial than 'You can't see God too, but you can feel God' type of argument.
Thanks.

I think those are the energy points. Not supernatural energy or whatever.

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
Energy Points must have some anatomical neurological basis, other than that, its just fable.

Well I can feel it, I don't know if its energy or its something else but there is definitely something tingling, I searched on google and saw posts of others who also expierience that.

I don't think its something magical but also it isn't a fable.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I find the best time to meditate is while one is in deep sleep. That is when your soul has most freedom to develop and your mind is playing "gulli/danda" or a version of a game of sticks. Any time while awake, you try too hard to de-link your mind and soul you should feel pressure, aches and pains all over. The pains are not coming from some "dasam dwar"/tenth gate trying to open in your forehead it is simply your body feeling repulsive at the conflict between your soul and your brain. Best meditation is a peaceful synergistic co-existence between your soul and your mind. This will come about when you lose the duality between living the way you do versus what in your heart of hearts you believe.

Once you get to a place of such balance you will find heaven on earth and all will line up.

All the chakras, etc., will disappear since no part of your body will be more energized versus another part less energized. Hence you will understand the true meaning of the phrase "hocus-pocus", chakras and all that jazz.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: In nature there is more balance unless we turd disturb.

:soccersingh:What does grass say to person spraying herbicide to rid weeds off his/her lawn? Please, we are family. I am weed too!:soccersingh:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Well I can feel it, I don't know if its energy or its something else but there is definitely something tingling, I searched on google and saw posts of others who also expierience that.

I don't think its something magical but also it isn't a fable.

I'm sorry but I would certainly want something more than that. Its fable for me if you claim it exists in our body and it cant be scientifically explained...

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
I find the best time to meditate is while one is in deep sleep. That is when your soul has most freedom to develop and your mind is playing "gulli/danda" or a version of a game of sticks. Any time while awake, you try too hard to de-link your mind and soul you should feel pressure, aches and pains all over. The pains are not coming from some "dasam dwar"/tenth gate trying to open in your forehead it is simply your body feeling repulsive at the conflict between your soul and your brain. Best meditation is a peaceful synergistic co-existence between your soul and your mind. This will come about when you lose the duality between living the way you do versus what in your heart of hearts you believe.

Once you get to a place of such balance you will find heaven on earth and all will line up.

All the chakras, etc., will disappear since no part of your body will be more energized versus another part less energized. Hence you will understand the true meaning of the phrase "hocus-pocus", chakras and all that jazz.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: In nature there is more balance unless we turd disturb.

:soccersingh:What does grass say to person spraying herbicide to rid weeds off his/her lawn? Please, we are family. I am weed too!:soccersingh:

Relaxing and trying to control your thoughts is a good method of stress-relieving, but I feel these Chakras and all such pseudoscience are just fancy names to sell Yoga.

kggr001

SPNer
Nov 3, 2011
Amsterdam
I'm sorry but I would certainly want something more than that. Its fable for me if you claim it exists in our body and it cant be scientifically explained...

Aristotle ji there nothing I've to prove here. Like I said I don't know what it is, I don't know if it energy or it is something else. But it is there I feel it.

It's like explaining to a blind person that clouds really exists. He won't believe cause he can't see it.

Not saying that your the blind person here.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: