Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

What To Do About My Beard? It Doesn't Look Good.

Discussion in 'Sikh Youth' started by punjabiputtar, Feb 6, 2015.

1. punjabiputtar

punjabiputtar
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hello everyone I'm growing a beard again, I have trimmed it before. Its quite long now but doesn't look good, my hair are very thin and wiry. So what can I do to make it look good? Don't say let it remain as it is. Give me some solution!

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Judaism Rabbi's Beard Doesn't Make Cut Interfaith Dialogues Aug 21, 2010
    Sikh News UK Sikh Harnaam Kaur Enters Guinness Records As Youngest Female With Beard - The Indian Express Breaking News Sep 9, 2016
    Sikh News Sikh Captain Says Keeping Beard And Turban Lets Him Serve U.S. And Faith Breaking News Apr 2, 2016
    Sikh News Bearded Model Stomps The Runway And Sticks It To Her Haters Breaking News Mar 1, 2016
    Malaysia Allow Sikh Students To Sport Beard Breaking News Mar 4, 2015

3. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Try putting some wax/gel stuff in it.

To be honest it looks fine just as it is.

• Like Like x 1
    #2 Ishna, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  4. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Welcome to SPN! Well, to be honest, from where i stand, a beard like yours is what i can only dream of... stop listening to or getting influenced by people, who are probably jealous of you. It will settle down automatically once it reaches its optimum length.

Gurfateh!

• Like Like x 1
  5. japjisahib04

japjisahib04 Kuwait
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor SPNer Contributor

Most important is inner beauty once that is achieved then identity crises vanishes and believe me you will love your beard ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਸੁੰਦਰਿ ਆਪਣਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਮਜੀਠੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰੀ ॥ਤਿਆਗਿ ਸਿਆਣਪ ਚਾਤੁਰੀ ਤੂੰ ਜਾਣੁ ਗੁਪਾਲਹਿ ਸੰਗਿ ਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

When I was younger and my beard looked like yours, I used fixo and a string, stick a tata on for 20 mins, and your good to go!

My dad had seperate tatas, one for his beard, and one for his moustache

• Like Like x 1
  7. linzer

linzer Mexico
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

My beard is now quite long, a lot like my avatar. I keep it tied with a rubber band, slicked down with a ton of gel and tucked under.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ActsOfGod

ActsOfGod
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Change your diet. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, stay away from junk food and sugar. Drink lots of water to hydrate. Make sure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Your hair (and your beard) will also become healthy and full and soft.

Each time you cut/shave your facial hair, when it grows back it will be more brittle and rough/wiry. Ask some people who regularly shave how it feels if they let their beard grow for a few days. They will inform you that it is rough/scratchy and some might feel it itches.

Good luck, and may Guru Sahib give you the awareness to realize you don't need to change anything about yourself, you are beautiful just as you are.

Guru Sahib kirpa karan

AoG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Apache Spark, Scala developer
    Writer SPNer

Lately I have been a big fan of the Dahi (curd) treatment :)

Just apply it on your hair (beard and scalp) just before bath, put it on for like 10 minutes and rinse lightly with Shampoo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Inderjeet Kaur

Inderjeet Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

Your beard is perfectly gorgeous, IMNSHO. Please just leave it as it is. A natural, flowing beard is a thing of beauty and so very masculine. If you want to see a straggly, unattractive beard sometime,, check mine out. Of course, I'm a senior female and can't be expected to have a really fine beard.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Inderjeet Kaur

Inderjeet Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

emerging beard 2014.jpg Here is my very straggly beard, an odd sort of blessing from the Creator, who has a wonderful sense of humour. This selfie is odd, too, taken from beneath so my mouth is distorted, but the chin hairs are perfectly visible.

Now, I hope you feel better about your own beard, which really is very nice.

• Like Like x 1