• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is The Fate Of Nasty People?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Ishna Ji,
I think the fate of the worst of worst crimes is Forgiveness. b/c there's no Guarantee revenge will cover it. & what about situations where that doesn't even allow? Are you going to let that One person, situation Ruin your life? Hellll no. You walk away from that M**tf**kr Strong as hell & let him/her, it know that it ain't over. Not the beef between you & them, but Life itself. Especially for You, even if you walk around w/ a little Limp for a while & things aint so strong. You may be down on ur luck, if it's really strained, you may do some things you're not proud of. That lion/ess paw, you might be inclined to lick it cuz that's All u can do. Lol. But eventually you get your voice, fierceness, bravado back & things aint so easy, but they're not really hard either. In other words you Let it go, and live happily ever after.

Do you want to say that in crime like Dehi gang rape all rapists should be forgiven and allowed to roam free again?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
That's a nice post with a positive approach that goes well with sikhi !

Seeing your sentence below, I was quite impressed !!

I think that is very important, but we let our emotions get in the way to stop us proceeding in this manner.
If we could just help everyone that we came across who seems to have faults and deficiences, then the world would be a better place.

This includes the nasty people who have inflicted pain and hurt to fellow beings.
If we could try and 'amend' their ways like Guru Nanak ji did, then we have accomplished and served mankind accordingly.

However, we know very well that punishment and further infliction of pain to the nasty offenders, very rarely results in them amending and fixing their tangled ways.

We should learn and attempt to let other's learn about their very own weaknesses.
Instead, we find it easier to 'teach' them lessons in these kinds of cases and neither we or the nasty offenders end up learning anything at all !

It is much better if we live in real world rather than world of stories.Human nature is not so good.Threat of Punishment act as deterrent to others to not to commit crime.

Just remember after USA invaded Iraq.There was widespread looting by Iraqi's as police vanished . Even hospitals were not left.These people were looting because they know that there was no police to arrest and punish them.

There were / are criminal minded people in all societies and they will remain .No matter what you will do to reform them they will create nuisance to others.So either you have to lock them up or kill them so other people can live in peace

Shem Ari

SPNer
Jan 28, 2013
Madison, WI
I thank Ishna Ji for this question. It's a question most people have asked but really has no definite answer. It's reassuring to read people's thoughts on it instead of pretending no one has ever wondered. I try not to worry about what will happen to others and focus on keeping myself good, and hopefully affect more people in a positive way than nasty people do in a negative way.

That said, last night I couldn't sleep because I was having nightmares as a result of evil that was done to me. When things like this happen, I can't help wondering, what will happen to them? I know how it affected me, but I wonder if they sleep at night and if they will be punished, and even worse, are they still out there causing harm to others?
I agree with kds ji on this

There were / are criminal minded people in all societies and they will remain .No matter what you will do to reform them they will create nuisance to others. So either you have to lock them up or kill them so other people can live in peace

As others said first we need to protect. I would honestly take the burden of incarcerating or even slaying another if I knew it meant they would never cause harm to anyone again. This is the viewpoint from someone who knows that one evil action can have a domino effect an another's life; when you hurt/kill one person you are not just hurting or killing them, also everyone who cares for them.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I had to learn to be nasty. No one in my family seemed to know how to command respect equal to their experience, intelligence and training. I was discouraged from protecting myself. 30 years ago I went home from work crying every day from workplace politics, lying and manipulations beyond my ability to handle. Little by little I figured things out. Who is really going to teach anyone how to navigate in a cut-throat situation. So "nasty me" will be on my chit when I die. However, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it.

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
I remember reading in the Bible, one of the most profound lessons taught by Yeshua (Jesus), in four short words. When speaking about people who make a big fuss about their virtue, fasting or charitable giving, he said: "They have their reward".
To me this speaks volumes. It really illustrates that misguided people who hurry after mundane satisfactions may indeed attain them, but at the expense of the real, transcendent blessings granted to those who's heart is set on pleasing the Satguru. So whatever the rewards nasty people, and manmukhs, achieve through their low desires or self-interested ambitions, will fast lose their magic and will be revealed to be a grand disappointment.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
It seems Sikhs do not accept apologies
Sister If there is a Sikh who does not accept an apology then maybe that' Sikh is just not worth apologising too.Notwithstanding my way is if at first you don't succeed it try again.Could SIKH stand for Strong Integrity Kind and Humble

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: