• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is Bhai Gurdas Jee's Key?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
For people just starting out,
ਭੁਜ ਬਲ ਬੀਰ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਸੁਖ ਸਾਗਰ ਗਰਤ ਪਰਤ ਗਹਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਅੰਗੁਰੀਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Bẖuj bal bīr barahm sukẖ sāgar garaṯ paraṯ geh lėho angurī*ā. ||1|| rahā*o.
O Brave and Powerful God, Ocean of Peace, I fell into the pit - please, take my hand.
Ang 203, line 1

WoW!

AAD sach JugAAD sach. "aad" are my initials. :shifty: I was going to ask Admin if I could change my account name. Now I think I will keep it. Anyway, Bhai Gurdas rocks.:)

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Gurdev knew about the secret writings about Bhai Gurdas Jee, in my view. They did not include any word written 'Gurdas' in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee to save Sikhs. Preachers but may be pushing many for a jump in Narak Koop. Their turn is faked and got the last number at the end.

Only sincere seekers participate truthfully in Satsangs. Others are arguing about their recipes, candies made of it and confectionary.

it makes sense why you made an effort to find bal+beer to make your name appear in Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.........................

if people will be using your terminology, look how many people's names are in Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji-----

AMAN, AAD, SANTOKH, MANMOHAN, CHARANKANWAL, JAGWINDER....................... i can go on and on................

whom you think you are teaching, kindergarden kids........................he he he he

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
aad ji we were thinking about the same thing at the same time.............. he he Balbir ji what makes that possible............

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all and Sikh80 Jee!

Quote "For full story please visit:
MODERATOR'S CLOSURE Re: Sikh vocabulary"

They perhaps handcuff sikhnet moderators. This Website may be running a business. They have to care that their clientage is not decreasing.
The moderator returned my post with the following baseless remark.
"Your message violates guideline #5. It appears you do not know about Guru Panth
Kahlsa who passes Guru's other directives down the generations, and that Guru
Granth contains the Bani (speech) that you mention. This is why it is called
Guru Granth. Kindly do some homework on Sikhi. What you gave below has been
discussed many times. Kindly search old topics and post your remaining question
in an existing thread on this topic.
Thanks."

This is surprising that these people cannot differentiate between the speech from the Guru and their written words.
They may block my posts but they cannot keep true seekers behind their bars long.

For the interest of many readers I am publishing the returned post here again.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all!

The question raised is "What is Sabad Guru?"
In my experience, Sabad Guru is Naam transferred through the Guru's mouth as Gurbaanee. One realizes Sabad Guru only at the time of receiving it, not by reading about it.

The wisdom of the Sabad Guru seems to get lost among Sikhs due to many reasons.
One of those is this, in my view.

They wrote and compiled the most important messages from the Gurus under their vigilance. Among others this had a purpose. Nothing should be added or changed in their messages. Those are complete.
Unfortunately after the completion of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee many writers mushroomed up claiming what Gurus conveyed them personally to extend. The trend of these writers has grown tremendously in this modern age of information.
Such writers influence most people than the original message from the Gurus. I want to mention an example here.

The enlightened Gurdev wrote experiencing Truth.
"banee guroo guroo hai banee vich banee amrit saaray." SGGS Ang 982-11 (Guru Ram Das Jee)
Speech is the Guru. A guru is the speech. Within Speech are all Nectars.

After few decades a writer claimed that the Guru instructed him to spread the message "sab sikhan ko hukam hai guroo maanyo granth". In my view, this was the beginning of the disaster. This message from the writer, Bhai Prahalad Jee, spoiled all efforts and the spiritual upward trend from the Gurus. The preacher mind has replaced the word speech (Baanee) by the word 'Granth'.

I am not able to find one instance when the Gurus suggested us to read a Granth, to receive Naam from the Guru.

I wonder, the worldly progress of Sikhi. Today's Sikh may be engaged with all what the writers after the Gurus have instructed. Would someone please name one activity that a Sikh is doing these days received directly through the Gurus?

Where are the true Sikhs of the true Guru?

My reverence for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is more than ever when I discover this wonderful treasure repeatedly diving within with the help of Naam.

Quote from Baldev Jee "Gurbani is our Guru if you feel this is not the case then please let us know who is our Guru?"
Gurbaanee is Guru's speech. The Guru's written messages suggest us to receive it. One realizes the Guru ship after he is blessed with Naam.
I do not know what to say about people who carry the printed messages from the Gurus and claim that they have now Naam, the Sabad Guru.

Quote from Bharat Jee "Many of the translations the initiator of this thread provided for the various verses quoted by him seem to be completely wrong."
I have not requested anybody to throw away the translations. His mind is preserving. Please do not feel shaky. Ignorance goes by receiving true Naam Simran, not by reading more translations.

Quote "In my opinion,the reason for raising this thread question in the first place was to show that "I am the only one who really knows the answer."
Your mind may be fixed. I am not sure. The Gurus did not write Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee either to show that "I am the only one who really knows the answer."
This is God's Mastee what he speaks through whom.

Balbir Singh

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Dear Balbir ji,
The thread you started says something about Bhai Gurdas ji. You are lost in between. It is strongly impressed upon, though I may be junior to you, to kindly not to distort the things and the bani. What Guru Sahibaan have done is ok for most of us. What Bhai GUrdas ji has done suits us also. So why state something that may not be palatable to the reader/s .

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all, Surinder Jee and her Aad0002 Jee!

Let us come back to the topic.

Bhai Gurdas Jee is pleading in his Vaar 36-3-1.

ਚੋਰੁ ਕਰੈ ਨਿਤ ਚੋਰੀਆਂ ਓੜਕਿ ਦੁਖ ਭਾਰੀ ।
"choru karai nit choreeaan aorhaki dukh bhaaree."
A thief commits thefts daily but ultimately has to suffer heavily.

ਨਕੁ ਕੰਨੁ ਫੜਿ ਵਢੀਐ ਰਾਵੈ ਪਰ ਨਾਰੀ ।
"naku kannu pharhi vaddheeai raavai par naaree."
Holding the ears and nose, we chop of the person who ravishes another woman.

May I ask if they should chop off ears and nose of the Sikh who ravishes another woman? Should Sikhs learn something more from Bhai Gurdas Jee?

Balbir Singh

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
I thought I read you Veer Balbir Ji something like the following in one of the posts in this thread:

Balbir Singh seems to have no hunger for your questions. Right now he is listening, God's answers.

what makes you think people like me neech will have hunger for your questions????????

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Surinder Jee!

Have you anything to say about Bhai Gurdas Jee's poems and its interpretation from Baabaas?

Quote "what makes you think people like me neech will have hunger for your questions????????"
I do not know why you feel neech? What all you have done?
My questions are for those, whom fake preachers are misleading? They should close their eyes who do not like to read those.

Balbir Singh

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Sahib is teaching us time and again how to live, how to behave, how to treat yourself and others:

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਕਹੈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
ਵਾਰਿਆ ਨ ਜਾਵਾ ਏਕ ਵਾਰ ॥ ਜੋ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸਾਈ ਭਲੀ ਕਾਰ ॥ ਤੂ ਸਦਾ ਸਲਾਮਤਿ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ॥੧੮॥

ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਨ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥ ਸੇਵਾ ਸਾਧ ਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਮ ਨੀਚ ਕਰੰਮਾ ॥ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰੇ ਕੀ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਸਰਮਾ ॥

ਨੀਚਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨੀਚ ਜਾਤਿ ਨੀਚੀ ਹੂ ਅਤਿ ਨੀਚੁ ॥ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤਿਨ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਾਥਿ ਵਡਿਆ ਸਿਉ ਕਿਆ ਰੀਸ ॥ ਜਿਥੈ ਨੀਚ ਸਮਾਲੀਅਨਿ ਤਿਥੈ ਨਦਰਿ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਖਸੀਸ ॥੪॥੩॥

ਕਥਨੀ ਕਥਉ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਓਰੁ ॥ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਛਿ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਨਾਹੀ ਦਰੁ ਹੋਰੁ ॥ ਦੁਖੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਭਾਣੈ ਤਿਸੈ ਰਜਾਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਕਹੈ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥੮॥੪॥

And Guru Sahib is also teaching us what kind of neech one must not be......

ਦੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਮਹਲੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਨ ਜਾਣਨਿ ਪਿਰ ਕਾ ਸੁਆਉ ॥ ਫਿਕਾ ਬੋਲਹਿ ਨਾ ਨਿਵਹਿ ਦੂਜਾ ਭਾਉ ਸੁਆਉ ॥੧॥ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੂਆ ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਵਸਿ ਆਵੈ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਠਾਕੀਐ ਗਿਆਨ ਮਤੀ ਘਰਿ ਆਵੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਆਪਿ ਸਵਾਰੀਓਨੁ ਲਾਇ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਚਲਦੀਆ ਨਾਮੇ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ॥੨॥ ਸਦਾ ਰਾਵਹਿ ਪਿਰੁ ਆਪਣਾ ਸਚੀ ਸੇਜ ਸੁਭਾਇ ॥ ਪਿਰ ਕੈ ਪ੍ਰੇਮਿ ਮੋਹੀਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇ ॥੩॥ ਗਿਆਨ ਅਪਾਰੁ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਸੋਭਾਵੰਤੀ ਨਾਰਿ ॥ ਸਾ ਸਭਰਾਈ ਸੁੰਦਰੀ ਪਿਰ ਕੈ ਹੇਤਿ ਪਿਆਰਿ ॥੪॥ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਰਖਿਓਨੁ ਸਚੈ ਅਲਖਿ ਅਪਾਰਿ ॥ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵਨਿ ਆਪਣਾ ਸਚੈ ਭਾਇ ਪਿਆਰਿ ॥੫॥ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ਬਣਾਇਆ ਗੁਣ ਕਾ ਗਲਿ ਹਾਰੁ ॥ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਪਿਰਮਲੁ ਤਨਿ ਲਾਵਣਾ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਰਤਨੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥੬॥ ਭਗਤਿ ਰਤੇ ਸੇ ਊਤਮਾ ਜਤਿ ਪਤਿ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਸਭ ਨੀਚ ਜਾਤਿ ਹੈ ਬਿਸਟਾ ਕਾ ਕੀੜਾ ਹੋਇ ॥੭॥ ਹਉ ਹਉ ਕਰਦੀ ਸਭ ਫਿਰੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਬਦੈ ਹਉ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮਿ ਰਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਹਉਮੈ ਗਈ ਸਚੈ ਰਹੇ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੮॥੮॥੩੦॥

ਸਿੰਮਲ ਰੁਖੁ ਸਰਾਇਰਾ ਅਤਿ ਦੀਰਘ ਅਤਿ ਮੁਚੁ ॥ ਓਇ ਜਿ ਆਵਹਿ ਆਸ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਹਿ ਨਿਰਾਸੇ ਕਿਤੁ ॥ ਫਲ ਫਿਕੇ ਫੁਲ ਬਕਬਕੇ ਕੰਮਿ ਨ ਆਵਹਿ ਪਤ ॥ ਮਿਠਤੁ ਨੀਵੀ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਗੁਣ ਚੰਗਿਆਈਆ ਤਤੁ ॥ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਨਿਵੈ ਆਪ ਕਉ ਪਰ ਕਉ ਨਿਵੈ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਧਰਿ ਤਾਰਾਜੂ ਤੋਲੀਐ ਨਿਵੈ ਸੁ ਗਉਰਾ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਅਪਰਾਧੀ ਦੂਣਾ ਨਿਵੈ ਜੋ ਹੰਤਾ ਮਿਰਗਾਹਿ ॥ ਸੀਸਿ ਨਿਵਾਇਐ ਕਿਆ ਥੀਐ ਜਾ ਰਿਦੈ ਕੁਸੁਧੇ ਜਾਹਿ ॥੧॥

ਕਪੜੁ ਰੂਪੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਣਾ ਛਡਿ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜਾਵਣਾ ॥ ਮੰਦਾ ਚੰਗਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਕੀਤਾ ਪਾਵਣਾ ॥ ਹੁਕਮ ਕੀਏ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵਦੇ ਰਾਹਿ ਭੀੜੈ ਅਗੈ ਜਾਵਣਾ ॥ ਨੰਗਾ ਦੋਜਕਿ ਚਾਲਿਆ ਤਾ ਦਿਸੈ ਖਰਾ ਡਰਾਵਣਾ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਅਉਗਣ ਪਛੋਤਾਵਣਾ ॥੧੪॥

It all depends what we follow with our neech budhi..................
and what kind of neech we are...........................
And feeling neech and behaving neech are two different concepts.............. totally opposite ones.........

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥ ਸੇਵਕ ਸਿਖ ਪੂਜਣ ਸਭਿ ਆਵਹਿ ਸਭਿ ਗਾਵਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਊਤਮ ਬਾਨੀ ॥ ਗਾਵਿਆ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਕਾ ਹਰਿ ਥਾਇ ਪਾਵੈ ਜਿਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਆਗਿਆ ਸਤਿ ਸਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਮਾਨੀ ॥੧॥ ਬੋਲਹੁ ਭਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਭਵਜਲ ਤੀਰਥਿ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਦਰਿ ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਊਤਮ ਬਾਤ ਹੈ ਸੰਤਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਜਿਨ ਜਨਹੁ ਜਾਨੀ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਆਪੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਚੇਲਾ ਹੈ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਚੋਜ ਵਿਡਾਨੀ ॥ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਾਏ ਸੋਈ ਹਰਿ ਮਿਲਸੀ ਅਵਰ ਸਭ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਓਹਾ ਹਰਿ ਭਾਨੀ ॥੨॥੫॥੧੧॥

In contrast to Gurbani all your philosophy falls apart veer Balbir ji ...............maaf karna:)

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
In my experience, Sabad Guru is Naam transferred through the Guru's mouth as Gurbaanee. One realizes Sabad Guru only at the time of receiving it, not by reading about it.

So the reciever is either physically 300 to 500 years old, which is only done by yogies and was not recomended by our Guru Sahibaan. Or this person has a living human Guru. So has a totally different philosophy and simply trying to shop for more followers for his phylosophy by manipulating others phylosophy.

As a Sikh devotes his/her life to Satguru,
And Satguru Sahib is Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. A true follower never leave his/her Guru and follow others.

And seems like this person thinks that he can shop for true followers. I am not sure if this ever occured to this person that what he is shopping for?????? What one can get through this technique is -all fake followers, people who are not sincere to their Guru now, will they stay sincere to his guru for any long..........................

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
just wondering once again .......

QUESTIONS FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONVINCE THE SIKHS TO BELIEVE THAT THEIR BELIEF IN 'DHAN “DHAN SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI” BEING THEIR LIVING GURU' IS SUBJECT TO BE CORRECTED.

A True Guru is a Guru because His Soul is Merged with The Higher Self.
For us(SIKHS) ALL OUR GURUS ARE TRUE GURUS. :)
For us(SIKHS) All our Eleven Gurus are LIVING(ATMA never DIES). :)
For us(SIKHS) TRUTH never dies. It is not bound to time and space. ALL GURU SAHIBAAN AND ETERNAL LIVING JOTE IN THE FORM OF DHAN DHAN SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI
are everywhere, all the time, Adole, Apaar……:)
Baani Prabh Ki Sabh ko Bolay, Aap Adole Na Kabhu Doley………

Now we all know this Truth that human body is limited to time and space so has to expire one day. So is Guru Ji’s. There is no Guru living in a physical body forever. CAN YOUR GURU'S PHYSICAL BODY LIVE FOREVER??????

And I hope we all agree on this point that Atma never dies. DO WE??????

So for us(SIKHS), all our Gurus are here; now; have not gone anywhere. ARE THEY GONE ANYWHERE????

For all those who have been beating the drum Living Guru, Living Guru; In a Human Body, and this new thing: only a mouth can transfer Naam, In a Human Body; The Only Way, The Only Way-
Will your Guru be of NO USE TO YOU AFTER HE/SHE LEAVES HIS/HER HUMAN ABODE?????? What mouth you will be depending upon later on............

Are his/her words(truth) those are coming out of his/her mouth now, will be useless after he/she leaves the physical body???????

bwxI gurU gurU hY bwxI ivic bwxI AMimRqu swry ]
guru bwxI khY syvku jnu mwnY prqiK gurU insqwry ]5]

forgive me neech

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Surinder Jee!

Quote "It all depends what we follow with our neech budhi..................
and what kind of neech we are...........................
And feeling neech and behaving neech are two different concepts.............. totally opposite ones........."

What happened? Suddenly somebody has become a congregation of personalities, by shifting from 'me neech' to 'we neech'.
O.K. I agree that somebody is neech. Bhai Gurdas is suggesting a technique how a neech jonee person gets best fruits.
In his Vaar 25-6-6 Bhai Gurdas Jee wrote this.

ਮੁਸਕੁ ਬਿਲੀਅਹੁ ਮੇਦੁ ਕਰਿ ਮਜਲਸ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਮਹ ਮਹਕਾਇਆ ।
musaku bileeahu maydu kari majalas andari mah mahakaaiaa|.
Fragrance from cats by extracting, in gathering we scent the scent.

ਨੀਚ ਜੋਨਿ ਉਤਮੁ ਫਲੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੬॥
neech joni utamu phalu paaiaa ?6?
Neech creatures get best fruit.

The lantern on the dark way for Preacher Bhai Gurdas Jee is guiding Sikhs. He is suggesting them to draw out fragrance from cats and use that scent in a gathering to get the best results.

I found this in Internet. Real Civet is a glandular secretion obtained from small pockets next to the testicles of the Civet cat. It is a powerful scent magically. It has been used for centuries to attract the opposite sex.

Is it not a surprise why Baabaas and preachers are after Bhai Gurdas Jee?

My reverend Guru is singing how to get best results. This is sounding quite different.

nIc jwiq hir jpiqAw auqm pdvI pwie ]
"Neech jaat hari japtiaa utam padvee paai." SGGS Ang 733-7
Low caste japping Hari got highest dignity.

Balbir Singh

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

hm AMDuly AMD ibKY ibKu rwqy ikau cwlh gur cwlI ]
ham anDhulay anDh bikhai bikh raatay ki-o chaalah gur chaalee.
I am blind, totally blind, entangled in corruption and poison. How can I walk on the Guru's Path?
sqguru dieAw kry suKdwqw hm lwvY Awpn pwlI ]1]
satgur da-i-aa karay sukh-daata ham laavai aapan paalee. ||1||
If the True Guru, the Giver of peace, shows His kindness, He attaches us to the hem of His robe. ||1||
gurisK mIq clhu gur cwlI ]
gursikh meet chalhu gur chaalee.
O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru's Path.
jo guru khY soeI Bl mwnhu hir hir kQw inrwlI ]1] rhwau ]
jo gur kahai so-ee bhal maanhu har har kathaa niraalee. ||1|| rahaa-o.
Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is unique and wonderful. ||1||Pause||
hir ky sMq suxhu jn BweI guru syivhu byig bygwlI ]
har kay sant sunhu jan bhaa-ee gur sayvihu bayg baygaalee.
O Saints of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, listen: serve the Guru, quickly now!
sqguru syiv Krcu hir bwDhu mq jwxhu Awju ik kwl@I ]2]
satgur sayv kharach har baaDhhu mat jaanhu aaj ke kaalHee. ||2||
Let your service to the True Guru be your supplies on the Lord's Path; pack them up, and don't think of today or tomorrow. ||2||
hir ky sMq jphu hir jpxw hir sMqu clY hir nwlI ]
har kay sant japahu har japnaa har sant chalai har naalee.
O Saints of the Lord, chant the chant of the Lord's Name; the Lord's Saints walk with the Lord.
ijn hir jipAw sy hir hoey hir imilAw kyl kylwlI ]3]
jin har japi-aa say har ho-ay har mili-aa kayl kaylaalee. ||3||
Those who meditate on the Lord, become the Lord; the playful, wondrous Lord meets them. ||3||
hir hir jpnu jip loc luocwnI hir ikrpw kir bnvwlI ]
har har japan jap loch lochaanee har kirpaa kar banvaalee.
To chant the chant of the Lord's Name, Har, Har, is the longing I long for; have Mercy upon me, O Lord of the world-forest.
jn nwnk sMgiq swD hir mylhu hm swD jnw pg rwlI ]4]4]
jan naanak sangat saaDh har maylhu ham saaDh janaa pag raalee. ||4||4||
O Lord, unite servant Nanak with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; make me the dust of the feet of the Holy. ||4||4||

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

gur prswid myrY min visAw jo mwgau so pwvau ry ]
gur parsaad mayrai man vasi-aa jo maaga-o so paava-o ray.
By Guru's Grace, He dwells within my mind; whatever I ask for, I receive.
nwm rMig iehu mnu iqRpqwnw bhuir n kqhUM Dwvau ry ]1]
naam rang ih man tariptaanaa bahur na katahooN Dhaava-o ray. ||1||
This mind is satisfied with the Love of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; it does not go out, anywhere, anymore. ||1||
hmrw Twkuru sB qy aUcw rYix idnsu iqsu gwvau ry ]
hamraa thaakur sabh tay oochaa rain dinas tis gaava-o ray.
My Lord and Master is the highest of all; night and day, I sing the Glories of His Praises.
iKn mih Qwip auQwpnhwrw iqs qy quJih frwvau ry ]1] rhwau ]
khin meh thaap uthaapanhaaraa tis tay tujheh daraava-o ray. ||1|| rahaa-o.
In an instant, He establishes and disestablishes; through Him, I frighten you. ||1||Pause||
jb dyKau pRBu Apunw suAwmI qau Avrih cIiq n pwvau ry ]
jab daykh-a-u parabh apunaa su-aamee ta-o avrahi cheet na paava-o ray.
When I behold my God, my Lord and Master, I do not pay any attention to any other.
nwnku dwsu pRiB Awip pihrwieAw BRmu Bau myit ilKwvau ry ]2]2]131]
naanak daas parabh aap pehraa-i-aa bharam bha-o mayt likhaava-o ray. ||2||2||131||
God Himself has adorned servant Nanak; his doubts and fears have been dispelled, and he writes the account of the Lord. ||2||2||131||

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006

gur prswdI vyKu qU hir mMdru qyrY nwil ]
gur parsaadee vaykh too har mandar tayrai naal.
By Guru's Grace, see that the Temple of the Lord is within you.
hir mMdru sbdy KojIAY hir nwmo lyhu sm@wil ]1]
har mandar sabday khojee-ai har naamo layho samHaal. ||1||
The Temple of the Lord is found through the Word of the Shabad; contemplate the Lord's Name. ||1||
mn myry sbid rpY rMgu hoie ]
man mayray sabad rapai rang ho-ay.
O my mind, be joyfully attuned to the Shabad.
scI Bgiq scw hir mMdru pRgtI swcI soie ]1] rhwau ]
sachee bhagat sachaa har mandar pargatee saachee so-ay. ||1|| rahaa-o.
True is devotional worship, and True is the Temple of the Lord; True is His Manifest Glory. ||1||Pause||
hir mMdru eyhu srIru hY igAwin rqin prgtu hoie ]
har mandar ayhu sareer hai gi-aan ratan pargat ho-ay.
This body is the Temple of the Lord, in which the jewel of spiritual wisdom is revealed.
mnmuK mUlu n jwxnI mwxis hir mMdru n hoie ]2]
manmukh mool na jaannee maanas har mandar na ho-ay. ||2||
The self-willed manmukhs do not know anything at all; they do not believe that the Lord's Temple is within. ||2||
hir mMdru hir jIau swijAw riKAw hukim svwir ]
har mandar har jee-o saaji-aa rakhi-aa hukam savaar.
The Dear Lord created the Temple of the Lord; He adorns it by His Will.
Duir lyKu iliKAw su kmwvxw koie n mytxhwru ]3]
Dhur laykh likhi-aa so kamaavanaa ko-ay na maytanhaar. ||3||
All act according to their pre-ordained destiny; no one can erase it. ||3||
sbdu cIin@ suKu pwieAw scY nwie ipAwr ]
sabad cheeneh sukh paa-i-aa sachai naa-ay pi-aar.
Contemplating the Shabad, peace is obtained, loving the True Name.
hir mMdru sbdy sohxw kMcnu kotu Apwr ]4]
har mandar sabday sohnaa kanchan kot apaar. ||4||
The Temple of the Lord is embellished with the Shabad; it is an Infinite Fortress of God. ||4||
hir mMdru eyhu jgqu hY gur ibnu GorMDwr ]
har mandar ayhu jagat hai gur bin ghoranDhaar.
This world is the Temple of the Lord; without the Guru, there is only pitch darkness.
dUjw Bwau kir pUjdy mnmuK AMD gvwr ]5]
doojaa bhaa-o kar poojday manmukh anDh gavaar. ||5||
The blind and foolish self-willed manmukhs worship in the love of duality. ||5||
ijQY lyKw mMgIAY iqQY dyh jwiq n jwie ]
jithai laykhaa mangee-ai tithai dayh jaat na jaa-ay.
One's body and social status do not go along to that place, where all are called to account.
swic rqy sy aubry duKIey dUjY Bwie ]6]
saach ratay say ubray dukhee-ay doojai bhaa-ay. ||6||
Those who are attuned to Truth are saved; those in the love of duality are miserable. ||6||
hir mMdr mih nwmu inDwnu hY nw bUJih mugD gvwr ]
har mandar meh naam niDhaan hai naa boojheh mugaDh gavaar.
The treasure of the Naam is within the Temple of the Lord. The idiotic fools do not realize this.
gur prswdI cIin@Aw hir rwiKAw auir Dwir ]7]
gur parsaadee cheenHi-aa har raakhi-aa ur Dhaar. ||7||
By Guru's Grace, I have realized this. I keep the Lord enshrined within my heart. ||7||
gur kI bwxI gur qy jwqI ij sbid rqy rMgu lwie ]
gur kee banee gur tay jaatee je sabad ratay rang laa-ay.
Those who are attuned to the love of the Shabad know the Guru, through the Word of the Guru's Bani.
pivqu pwvn sy jn inrml hir kY nwim smwie ]8]
pavit paavan say jan nirmal har kai naam samaa-ay. ||8||
Sacred, pure and immaculate are those humble beings who are absorbed in the Name of the Lord. ||8||
hir mMdru hir kw hwtu hY riKAw sbid svwir ]
har mandar har kaa haat hai rakhi-aa sabad savaar.
The Temple of the Lord is the Lord's Shop; He embellishes it with the Word of His Shabad.
iqsu ivic saudw eyku nwmu gurmuiK lYin svwir ]9]
tis vich sa-udaa ayk naam gurmukh lain savaar. ||9||
In that shop is the merchandise of the One Name; the Gurmukhs adorn themselves with it. ||9||
hir mMdr mih mnu lohtu hY moihAw dUjY Bwie ]
har mandar meh man lohat hai mohi-aa doojai bhaa-ay.
The mind is like iron ****, within the Temple of the Lord; it is lured by the love of duality.
pwris ByitAY kMcnu BieAw kImiq khI n jwie ]10]
paaras bhayti-ai kanchan bha-i-aa keemat kahee na jaa-ay. ||10||
Meeting with the Guru, the Philosopher's Stone, the mind is transformed into gold. Its value cannot be described. ||10||
hir mMdr mih hir vsY srb inrMqir soie ]
har mandar meh har vasai sarab nirantar so-ay.
The Lord abides within the Temple of the Lord. He is pervading in all.
nwnk gurmuiK vxjIAY scw saudw hoie ]11]1]
naanak gurmukh vanjee-ai sachaa sa-udaa ho-ay. ||11||1||
O Nanak, the Gurmukhs trade in the merchandise of Truth. ||11||1||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: