• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Do Sikh Men Look For In Women?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aman Singh Ji, that thread is boring.
Looks to me like women don't have much to say these days.
They could have become more defensive than open.
Their inhibitors get in the way which is a red flag for them.

Surprise me ladies!!!:crazy:
Any rude language or personal attacks will be deleted.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Do women want their men to think like a woman ?
Women could have formulated a new weapon to get men to talk first.
Their improved formula worked to their advantage ?
What is that formula ?
My suggestion of this formula is to keep silent and get the man to wonder why is she acting different?
He might begin to miss all the 'noise' and coax his woman to talk.
Try it, ladies. You can thank me later. :happy:

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Narayanjot Kaur Ji,

A lot of singles will definitely find these sites pretty interesting.
What happens after they get married ?
They try to adjust with each other.
Pretty tough thing to do especially when they're from different backgrounds and countries.
There sure are going to be a heap of misunderstandings piled up over the years.
What happens when women have to work as hard as men.

Case scenario No.1
When men come home from work, their stress level reduces.
When women come back from work, their stress level doubles.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
It was once said that women over analyze everything...and men take things at face value as they go along.. Do you agree?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Other than providing Internet resources, I have no contribution of worth. Maybe you are asking someone else. :happykaur:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
And thus, we have arrived at the formula for understanding women... :geeksingh:
understanding_women.jpg

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Re: Relationships: What do Sikh Men Look for in Women?

Yes but Intelligence is an obvious one. I don't need a Math genius but a woman with leadership, ambition and positivity will be intelligent in my opinion.

I once encountered such a woman who has all of the qualities you're mentioning here, AusDesi. It's just that she sees the same qualities in me too. And since she's married, we've just been friends.

When you visit matrimonial sites many women do place these qualities in their profiles. And I wonder if they do understand what kind of leadership qualities men look for. However, finding these qualities are not just one way but both ways. A woman also has a certain criteria based on general female evolutionary psychology to look for a man with certain qualities. I will discuss this in the other thread :
What do Sikh Women look for in men?

Ruqa

SPNer
Jun 23, 2012
Queensland, Australia.
Let me tell you I was married before and you know what would have made me a happier wife?! If when I asked him to do something for me he'd get the job done asap not in 2weeks, 2months, 6months, longer... Asap! You see I was brought up around reliable men, men that would get things done, men that would fix things. And I was under the impression that men in general liked to fix things and assemble things. Apparently not, I was wrong. But it's ok i've sorted out my fix it men issues there's a whole lot of fix it men in the phonebook, assembly i've found i'm quite good at and anything I need I go get it myself. I just need one man taller than myself to change light bulbs cause i'm sacred of heights... I'll tell you what's attractive though, the hunter, the protector, the provider, testosterone, manly men. Chest hair. Clean teeth. Also someone who when they smile it reaches their eyes, honestly smiles you know what I mean? Someone who can take and make a joke. Enjoy life, not always point out the negatives, someone who can look for the positives. Someone who makes you feel good about yourself.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
from personal experience...

it doesnt matter how attractive a person is physically, your attraction to the other person (physically and mentally) soon dissapears if your own values of love, compassion, forgiveness, honesty and integrity are not held or thought of highly by your partner.

Other than that...a woman that cooks a killer paneer dish!

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Let me tell you I was married before and you know what would have made me a happier wife?! If when I asked him to do something for me he'd get the job done asap not in 2weeks, 2months, 6months, longer... Asap!

You see I was brought up around reliable men, men that would get things done, men that would fix things. And I was under the impression that men in general liked to fix things and assemble things. Apparently not, I was wrong. But it's ok i've sorted out my fix it men issues there's a whole lot of fix it men in the phonebook, assembly i've found i'm quite good at and anything I need I go get it myself. I just need one man taller than myself to change light bulbs cause i'm sacred of heights... I'll tell you what's attractive though, the hunter, the protector, the provider, testosterone, manly men. Chest hair. Clean teeth. Also someone who when they smile it reaches their eyes, honestly smiles you know what I mean? Someone who can take and make a joke. Enjoy life, not always point out the negatives, someone who can look for the positives. Someone who makes you feel good about yourself.

I married someone who was a 'dreamer', who spent her childhood dreaming about what 'things should be like' in the future, and when things didnt match her dreams she kicked, screamed, shouted and much much more.

Point is, a destructive relationship is one where you spend most your time looking at and pointing out the negatives of your partner.
whereas
A heavenly relationship blossoms when one judges oneself first.

just my take on things and from personal experience :)

Ruqa

SPNer
Jun 23, 2012
Queensland, Australia.
I married someone who was a 'dreamer', who spent her childhood dreaming about what 'things should be like' in the future, and when things didnt match her dreams she kicked, screamed, shouted and much much more.

Point is, a destructive relationship is one where you spend most your time looking at and pointing out the negatives of your partner.
whereas
A heavenly relationship blossoms when one judges oneself first.

just my take on things and from personal experience :)

Omg are you my ex-husband disguised as a singh?! lolswordfight

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
from personal experience...

it doesnt matter how attractive a person is physically, your attraction to the other person (physically and mentally) soon dissapears if your own values of love, compassion, forgiveness, honesty and integrity are not held or thought of highly by your partner.

Other than that...a woman that cooks a killer paneer dish!

It's very good that you value in this manner.
I have to agree but can't say that I've always been this way.
Although, my wife, even though she is a smacking stunner but I only see her for her inner values now.
Then again, if she wasn't a stunner, then I honestly don't think that we would have been married. What I'm trying to say here is that, the physical attraction is kind of required, definitely at first. As, when you bypass this then you recognize the inner beauty. -
-Well, maybe it's just me and the way I was!!! But, I know I never gave in or went after too easily in my younger days. The female had to be nice and attractive before I got any closer, or otherwise I simply had NO feeling. It could have just been my pride, as I knew that I had interest and appeal OR it was just a kind of misleading illusion.

It is funny in a way, because none of those things ever matter now that I am much wiser.
As young kids we think that all adults are perfect and wise, then as we grow we start to realise the truth. In a similar way, we probably think and feel that all relationships are about wining & dining, being physical and romance. But then we wisen up and realise there is much more to each other than all that.

The only strong survivor and bond of any relationship, be it your spouse, brother or mother is simply the TRUTH.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
It's very good that you value in this manner.
I have to agree but can't say that I've always been this way.
Although, my wife, even though she is a smacking stunner but I only see her for her inner values now.
Then again, if she wasn't a stunner, then I honestly don't think that we would have been married. What I'm trying to say here is that, the physical attraction is kind of required, definitely at first. As, when you bypass this then you recognize the inner beauty. -
-Well, maybe it's just me and the way I was!!! But, I know I never gave in or went after too easily in my younger days. The female had to be nice and attractive before I got any closer, or otherwise I simply had NO feeling. It could have just been my pride, as I knew that I had interest and appeal OR it was just a kind of misleading illusion.

It is funny in a way, because none of those things ever matter now that I am much wiser.
As young kids we think that all adults are perfect and wise, then as we grow we start to realise the truth. In a similar way, we probably think and feel that all relationships are about wining & dining, being physical and romance. But then we wisen up and realise there is much more to each other than all that.

The only strong survivor and bond of any relationship, be it your spouse, brother or mother is simply the TRUTH.

Satnaam Lucky Ji,

very true, i think like a lot of people, attraction physically also meant a lot to me. My current wife i found and stil find attractive physically, and this played a strong part in the initial attraction towards her.

Personalities in the end can make or break a relationship.
Marriage is almost like a personality cleansing process...your own negative aspects of your persoanlity will come to the surface.
If you both have strong Ego's then both parties never give in and don't try to better their OWN behaviour....and a divorce beckons. people look out and comment about the others bad habbits, behaviour, personality, but their Ego prevents them from looking at their own bad habbits, behaviour and personality aspects.

in the end you learn that you should only judge yourself, and by doing so, maybe your own daily actions will then benefit your partners behaviour and life.

was it michael jackson that sang "if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change" :) song was man in the mirror.

Anyway, thats enough about relationships for one day .... or shall i catch some jeremy kyle :) (i;m working from home lol )

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM