Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Well regarded peoples views on Sikhism

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by BaljinderS, Mar 13, 2012.

1. BaljinderS

BaljinderS
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

[​IMG]

“Sri Guru Granth Sahib is the common religious scripture of all…. Sikhs have been unsuccessful in making the world know about their religious scripture. Today, humanity is in dire need of Guru Granth Sahib’s peaceful and loving message”.

English writer Archer, author of book Sikh Faith

[​IMG]

Sir Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of Britian.
    "...British people are highly indebted and obliged to Sikhs for a long time. I know that within this century we needed their help twice and they did..."
    Read More

[​IMG]

Max Arthur
    Macauliffe
    "...Unlike the scriptures of other creeds, they (Sikh Scriptures) do not contain love stories or accounts of wars waged for selfish considerations. They contain sublime truths, the study of which cannot but..."
    Read More

http://sikhquotes.org/resources/russell+bertrand.jpg

Bertrand Russell, Philosopher & Mathematician
    "...If some lucky men survive the onslaught of the third world war of atomic and hydrogen bombs, then the Sikh religion will be the only..." Read More

[​IMG]

Miss Pearl S. Buck, a Nobel laureate
    "...I have studied the scriptures of the great religions, but I do not find elsewhere the same power of appeal to..."
    Read More

[​IMG]

Arnold Toynbee, a historian
    "...the Sikh religion and its scriptures, the Guru Granth, will have something special of value to say to the rest of the world..."
    Read More

[​IMG]

Swami Nitya Nand
    "...During the visit to the Golden temple in Amritsar his soul was so impressed that he became Guru’s devotee. After sojourn in Punjab we went to Hardwar. One day I saw tears in his eyes..."

http://sikhquotes.org/

• Like Like x 4
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    General Sant Ram Udasi....Peoples Poet of Punjab Hard Talk Jul 13, 2014
    Sikh News Peoples Party, PML-N agree to coalition formula in Punjab (The Pakistan Link) Breaking News Mar 6, 2008
    Sikh News Punjab CM Badal attacks Centre for 'ignoring' peoples' interests (Press Trust of Indi Breaking News Aug 8, 2007
    Oracle Scoops Up PeopleSoft in $10.3B Deal Interfaith Dialogues Dec 14, 2004

3. Archived_member15

Archived_member15
    Expand Collapse

My dear brother Baljinder :whatzpointkudi:
    I am in complete agreement with these great and famous people!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Manni Singh 85

Manni Singh 85
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Thank you Baljinder ji.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Archived_member15

Archived_member15
    Expand Collapse

A fuller version of the quote from Miss Pearl S. Buck, a Nobel laureate who was given a copy of the Gopal Singh translation of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, this is what she said:

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" class=cquote align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman',serif; COLOR: rgb(178,183,242); FONT-SIZE: 35px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top width=20>“</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>I have studied the scriptures of the great religions, but I do not find elsewhere the same power of appeal to the heart and mind as I find here in these volumes. They are compact in spite of their length and are a revelation of the concept of God to the recognition and indeed the insistence upon the practical needs of the human body...This sense of unity is the source of power I find in these volumes. They speak to a person of any religion or of none. They speak for the human heart and the searching mind.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I find this too as a Roman Catholic!

• Like Like x 2
    #4 Archived_member15, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012