• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

We Went To Gurdwara For The First Time!

lizziec

SPNer
Nov 28, 2014
Southeastern Wisconsin
It was wonderful! I left feeling destressed, peaceful, and energized. If anyone is thinking about attending gurdwara and is nervous, don't be! I emailed the gurdwara and met a member there who helped me. I took my 4 year old daughter with me too and spent about 30 mins with the kids. They gave me a tour and my daughter easily joined them in play.

It was an amazing experience and I definitely feel like this is what I'm meant to be. And I'll attach a picture. :)

Attachments

• 2014-12-06_18-06-22.jpg
    2014-12-06_18-06-22.jpg
    118.2 KB · Reads: 488
Last edited by a moderator:

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
It was wonderful! We went back for Sunday services and I brought my oldest 2 daughters. Everyone is so welcoming and it's just a great place. I feel so at peace there.

You are blessed that you have found your way to Guru Sahib's Darbar, when the majority of the world is heading straight for ruin. The world is being consumed in flames, the only sanctuary of peace and contentment is with the Guru.

The more you pay special attention to the kirtan of the Guru's Shabad, the more peace and fulfillment you will feel. And the more time you spend contemplating the Guru's wisdom (Gurmat), the more your life and the lives of those you touch will be blessed.

Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan.

AoG

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: