Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Virulents!

Discussion in 'Sikh Youth' started by BhagatSingh, Aug 14, 2008.

1. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

"A small platoon of American soldiers in search of their missing comrades comes across Indian commandoes looking for a group of terrorists suspected of hiding a most heinous weapon in the craggy breast of the Hindukush. It's a night of revelation as the Americans discove the fate of their lost brothers, and the Indiams discover the fate of their terrorists. But the terror is not in the form of flesh and blood, or bullets or gunpowder. Terror has a new name."

the comic has this "Major" Sikh character. By major I mean Major of the group of Indian soldiers (Major Singh), and by major I also mean someone with a significant role in the comic. This topic was also started in Sikh media watch, it didn't appear on the left so I thought I'd post it here in Sikh youth.

trailer:
    VIRULENTS TRAILER Virgin Comics Blog

the comic was released by Virgin Comics back in 2007 so get a copy and support these guys for their efforts.

There gona be a movie based on this comic so expect the Sikh character in the movie. :happy:
    Soldiers to Battle Afghani Vampire Zombies in 'Virulents' - Cinematical

2. dalsingh

dalsingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

This looks really interesting. Almost as good as some of the Batman comic novels I've got! The movie idea sounds good too.

3. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

I've been a fan of Virgin Comics ever since I read Ramayan 3392 and Virulents. They are definitely going far!
    They inspired me to get into this comic business.

4. dalsingh

dalsingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Are they related to Richard Branson's Virgin company Bhagat?

I've seen some of your art on Flikr - really impressive! We are expecting big things from you!

5. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

In 2006, Branson formed Virgin Comics and Virgin Animation an entertainment company focussed on creating new stories and characters for a global audience. The Company was founded with author Deepak Chopra, filmmaker Shekhar Kapur and entrepreneurs Sharad Devarajan and Gotham Chopra.
    Richard Branson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. dalsingh

dalsingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Gotham Chopra??? Did he name himself after Bat Man's famous city?

7. BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer sikhiart.com

Another way of spelling it would be "Gautam". How would westerners pronounce Gautam? so I think he or his parents went with Gotham, since the pronunciation is almost identical.
    But lol who knows maybe he did name himself after Batman's famous city.