Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Untangle a mess

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Jeff C, Nov 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jeff C

Jeff C
    Expand Collapse

I have looked until cross-eyed at this and cannot find the problem:

iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code1]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours1],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code2]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours2],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code3]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours3],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code4]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours4],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code5]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours5],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code6]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours6],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code7]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours7],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code8]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours8],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code9]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours9],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code10]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours10])))))))))

I also tried this with no luck:

Switch([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code1]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours1],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code2]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours2],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code3]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours3],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code4]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours4],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code6]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours6],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code7]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours7],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code8]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours8],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code9]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours9],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code10]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours10])

I am using this in an update query, the second attempt gets me a parameter
    message looking for the "True" field. Anyone have an idea? Thank you

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikhi Unsung Heroes - Gurmeet Singh, A Messiah For The Abandoned Sick Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 15, 2016
    How message of love from Sikh gurus are helping Pakistani Christians to fight forced conversions Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Oct 12, 2015
    Messages from God Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Aug 23, 2015
    Messenger Of Death Gurmat Vichaar Project Feb 20, 2015
    Message of Guru Granth Sahib Essays on Sikhism Jan 30, 2014

3. xRoachx

xRoachx
    Expand Collapse

My suggestion: Use a Select Case Statement or a loop rather then this many
    nested IIf's. But looking at your first mess of IIf statements, you don't
    have an IIf for Code10="01" and a final statement of what happens if it is
    none of these--I added a 0 for this and another paranthesis:

iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code1]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours1],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code2]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours2],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code3]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours3],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code4]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours4],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code5]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours5],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code6]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours6],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code7]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours7],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code8]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours8],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code9]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours9],iif
    ([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code10]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours10],0))))))))))

"Jeff C" wrote:

> I have looked until cross-eyed at this and cannot find the problem:
    >
    > iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code1]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours1],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code2]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours2],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code3]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours3],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code4]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours4],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code5]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours5],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code6]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours6],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code7]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours7],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code8]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours8],iif([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code9]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours9],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code10]=â€01â€,[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours10])))))))))
    >
    > I also tried this with no luck:
    >
    > Switch([tbl_NewPayroll]![Code1]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours1],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code2]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours2],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code3]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours3],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code4]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours4],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code6]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours6],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code7]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours7],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code8]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours8],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code9]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours9],[tbl_NewPayroll]![Code10]="â€01â€",[tbl_New_Payroll]![Hours10])
    >
    > I am using this in an update query, the second attempt gets me a parameter
    > message looking for the "True" field. Anyone have an idea? Thank you