• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Understanding Path And Sikhi

Prabh

SPNer
Jan 29, 2006
Canada
In my opinion, Sikhi is a very complicated religion, with many questions. But I think that it is important to do path, but what is the point of doing path, if you do not understand the meanings behind it. I am not saying people who do path, should stop because they don’t know what they are reading means. I am saying that I think, it will help us all tremendously if we understand path and than recite it. So I recommend that we should read books, search on the internet, and understand Sikhi before thinking of our selves as highly knowledgeable individuals just because we recite path. There is a great magazine that I read called the, Sikh phulwari which gives great articles about path and explains it to its full potential. I think that we should all try to understand our gurus teachings as much as possible.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Dear Prabh Jio,
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji KI fateh.

Gurbani shabds are of two types...those that give GYAAN..KNOWLEDGE about Waheguru, how Kind He is, how affectionarte He is, How magnificent He is..etc etc..

And the there are those Shabads...that are meant to be JAPPED..repeated... These shabds normally have the NAAm of Waheguru..like Har har, Gobind Gobind, Murali, Manohar Mohan Narayan..and the rule of thumb is that IF the SAME WORD ( example Har har) occurs TWICE or more in the same panktee of ashabad..That is an indication that this is a Naam japping shabad..and we are suppsoed to japp Har har har har..or Gobind Gobind Gobind...

But what is to be rembered is that these Naams of Waheguru are KIRTAM NAAMS..that is they Each tell us about ONLy ONE of the attributes of Waheguru....whereas in KALYUG..Guru nanak Ji Jyot has brough down for us a Special NAAM that encompasses ALL these Nammas that came down through the ages...and that Shaabd is to Japped AArd Urrdh..Breathe in and Breathe Out...meaning this is a TWO word shabd..and this is WAHEGURU...WAHE on incoming breath..and GURU on outgoing breath....and this Special NAAM is only available from the KHALSA PANJ SYSTEM of PAHUK that Guru Gobind Singh Ji set up in 1699. You see this is a DIKHYAT Shaabd...soemthing that one gets only through a GURU that Gives it to YOU through your SENSES (Hearing)....and the PANJ give it to you when they Tell You..Bol Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji KI Fateh. In olden days the "GURU" used to give it to his disciples in the ear...and now we get it from the PUNJ KHALSA during Khande batte de pahul.

So GYAAN shabads are for DOING PAATH..recitation and AARD URRDH shabds are for Naam japping. Remeber that you can Naam japp any naam that occurs in Gurbani - har, hari, narayan, etc...BUT the Naam for Khalsa ji si WAHEGURU as this is a GURMANTAR of the Sikh Gurus.

Jarnail Singh Gyani

gs_chana

SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
United Kingdom, London
Gyani Jarnail Singh said:
Dear Prabh Jio,
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji KI fateh.

Gurbani shabds are of two types...those that give GYAAN..KNOWLEDGE about Waheguru, how Kind He is, how affectionarte He is, How magnificent He is..etc etc..

And the there are those Shabads...that are meant to be JAPPED..repeated... These shabds normally have the NAAm of Waheguru..like Har har, Gobind Gobind, Murali, Manohar Mohan Narayan..and the rule of thumb is that IF the SAME WORD ( example Har har) occurs TWICE or more in the same panktee of ashabad..That is an indication that this is a Naam japping shabad..and we are suppsoed to japp Har har har har..or Gobind Gobind Gobind...

But what is to be rembered is that these Naams of Waheguru are KIRTAM NAAMS..that is they Each tell us about ONLy ONE of the attributes of Waheguru....whereas in KALYUG..Guru nanak Ji Jyot has brough down for us a Special NAAM that encompasses ALL these Nammas that came down through the ages...and that Shaabd is to Japped AArd Urrdh..Breathe in and Breathe Out...meaning this is a TWO word shabd..and this is WAHEGURU...WAHE on incoming breath..and GURU on outgoing breath....and this Special NAAM is only available from the KHALSA PANJ SYSTEM of PAHUK that Guru Gobind Singh Ji set up in 1699. You see this is a DIKHYAT Shaabd...soemthing that one gets only through a GURU that Gives it to YOU through your SENSES (Hearing)....and the PANJ give it to you when they Tell You..Bol Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji KI Fateh. In olden days the "GURU" used to give it to his disciples in the ear...and now we get it from the PUNJ KHALSA during Khande batte de pahul.

So GYAAN shabads are for DOING PAATH..recitation and AARD URRDH shabds are for Naam japping. Remeber that you can Naam japp any naam that occurs in Gurbani - har, hari, narayan, etc...BUT the Naam for Khalsa ji si WAHEGURU as this is a GURMANTAR of the Sikh Gurus.

Jarnail Singh Gyani

WJKWJF

Well I am totally in agreement, Gurbani should NOT be ritualistically recited.

Unfortunately, many of our people think waking up 5am and reciting gurbani, 5 banis, is their form of prayer and will attain muktee. As you have said Gyani Ji, Gurbani is knowledge of God, and also guru Granth gives us guidance on how to achieve salvation/muktee.

Thus, I hope people will drop this stupidity of ritualistically reciting gurbani, because gurbani is meant for oneself to use, and apply the meaning of gurbani to his/her own life.

With Waheguru's Grace, I hope the world will WAKEUP, because we are all sleeping awake to be honest, real sikhi will be discovered soon as you appreciate and apply gurbani, not just recite it for the rest of your life, as you said Gyani Ji, "read the recipe, didn’t bake the cake".

WJKWJF Gurdip

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: