• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Understanding Gurbani

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
gur pUry kI bwxI jip Andu krhu inq pRwxI ]1] (616-10, soriT, mÚ 5)
Chant the Word of the Perfect Guru's Bani, and be ever in bliss, O mortal. ||1||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
rUVI bwxIhir pwieAw gur sbdI bIcwir ] (936-19, rwmklI dKxI, mÚ 1)
Through the beautiful Word of the Guru's Bani, the Lord is obtained; contemplate the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
ieh bwxI mhw purK kI inj Gir vwsw hoie ]40] (935-13, rwmklI dKxI, mÚ 1)
This is the Bani of the Supreme Being; through it, one dwells within the home of his inner being. ||40||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
bwxI ibrlau bIcwrsI jy ko gurmuiK hoie ] (935-12, rwmklI dKxI, mÚ 1)
How rare are those who contemplate the Word of the Guru's Bani; they become Gurmukh.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
· The Bani, the Word of the humble devotee is the most sublime and exalted; it prevails throughout the ages. ||20||[909-19]
· One who is committed to this Bani is emancipated, and through the Shabad, merges in Truth. ||21||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
24.Bani Of Lord
sPl drsu qyrw pwrbRhmgux iniD qyrI bwxI ] (808-18, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
Fruitful is the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan, O Supreme Lord God. The Word of Your Bani is the treasure of virtue.

25. Slave lives by Bani
suix suix jIvY dwsu qum@ bwxI jn AwKI ] (814-1, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
Your slave lives by hearing, hearing the Word of Your Bani, chanted by Your humble servant.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Bani Of SGGS ji is priceless, it cannot be tagged as it is the bani of Nirankaar the Lord itself. There is no involvement of preacher .Lord HIMSELF has said this. So, let us live in HIS will and Hukum.
Good Night.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
It was today morning [5-12-07]that the katha of Gyani Maskeen ji was relayed . In his ‘parvachan’ he stated many things but I am quoting only that is relevant to the thread.

After quoting many ‘tuks’ from SGS ji he made an observation that entire Bani is ‘Naam’ as it is the word of GOD. One can,therefore, concentrate on the recitation of the bani. It can be done in two ways:

• Either by reciting the Bani like Ajapa jap.
  • Or By reading the bani aloud so that it is heard by the reader.
OR

In case it is found difficult then one should do ‘Naam jaap’/simran/meditation on the word ‘waheguru’. He had stated clearly that without this there is no escape of Sikh. One should devote as much time as possible as life is not very predictable.
I am giving below some ‘tuks’ from Granth sahib ji in this regard:

• GurSikhs, know that the Bani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it.[308-5]
  • Through the Word of the Guru's Bani, the Naam resounds[362-11]
  • Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises, the Naam abides within the mind.[363-3]
  • Constantly listening to the Ambrosial Gurbani in the heart, it becomes pleasing to the mind.[366-11]
  • Through Gurbani, the Incomprehensible Lord is comprehended[366-12]
There are many sweet quotes from the Granth Sahib ji.
    • The One Lord is pervading and permeating deep within the heart; with your mouth, recite the Ambrosial Hymns of the Guru.[366-12]
    • Gurbani is the jewel, the treasure of devotion.[376-14]
    • Singing, hearing and acting upon it, one is enraptured.[376-15]
    • Embrace love for the Word of the Guru's Bani.[387-13]
    • The Kirtan of the Lord's Praise is my Support; this wealth is everlasting.[398-14]|
    • Those whose minds are pleased with the Word of the Guru's Bani, drink in the Ambrosial Nectar again and again.[449-14]
    • Servant Nanak chants the Glorious Words of the Guru's Bani; through them, one is absorbed into the Naam, the Name of the Lord. [494-4]
Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani, the Word, of the Formless Lord. There is no other as great as He is.[515-17]

[ Dear Balbir ji,
I am posting it here as well.This was already posted in other thread as well.]

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all and the copy and pasting champion Sikh80 Jee!

Your hard work needs a reward.

This is the second true Vaak from the reverend Guru as referred in the post #37 of this thread.
gur kI bwxI nwim vjwey ] (11, Awsw, gurU Amr dws)
"gur kee baanee naam vajaa-ay." SGGS Ang 362-11.
The technique of Speech makes the sound of Naam.

I am not sure if Guru Amar Daas Jee is mentioning here the sound produced by the Guru made of printed paper.

Balbir Singh

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
jyvfu BwvY qyvfu hoie ] (6-3, jpu, mÚ 1)
He is as Great as He wishes to be.
nwnk jwxY swcw soie ] (6-3, jpu, mÚ 1)
O Nanak, the True Lord knows.
jy ko AwKY boluivgwVu ] (6-4, jpu, mÚ 1)
If anyone presumes to describe God,
qw ilKIAY isir gwvwrw gwvwru ]26] (6-4, jpu, mÚ 1)
he shall be known as the greatest fool of fools! ||26||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
jb qy srin qumwrI Awey qb qy doK gey ]1] rhwau ] (829-15, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
When I came to Your Sanctuary, my sins vanished. ||1||Pause||
qij AiBmwnu Aru icMq ibrwnI swDh srn pey ] (829-15, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
Renouncing egotistical pride and other anxieties, I have sought the Sanctuary of the Holy Saints.
jip jip nwmu qum@wro pRIqm qn qy rog Key ]1] (829-16, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
Chanting, meditating on Your Name, O my Beloved, disease is eradicated from my body. ||1||
mhw mugD Ajwn AigAwnI rwKy Dwir dey ] (829-16, iblwvlu, mÚ 5)
Even utterly foolish, ignorant and thoughtless persons have been saved by the Kind Lord.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
SGGS Page 189
With my hands I do His work; with my tongue I sing His Glorious Praises.
With my feet, I walk on the Path of my Lord and Master. ((1))
It is a good time, when I remember Him in meditation.
Meditating on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, I cross over the terrifying world-ocean. ((1)(Pause))
With your eyes, behold the Blessed Vision of the Saints.
Record the Immortal Lord God within your mind. ((2))
Listen to the Kirtan of His Praises, at the Feet of the Holy.
Your fears of birth and death shall depart. ((3))
Enshrine the Lotus Feet of your Lord and Master within your heart.
Thus this human life, so difficult to obtain, shall be redeemed. ((4)(51)(120))

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all and Sikh80 Jee!

This is another reference of great Guru's Vaak through your post #42 in this thread.

gur pUry kI bwxI jip Andu krhu inq pRwxI ]1] (616-10, soriT, mÚ 5)
"gur pooray kee baanee japi anadu karahu nit praanee."
Complete Gur's Baanee, japping it do Anad regularly, person.

The present worldly business (Dhandhaa) of Sikhism started flourishing when the apprehender of true Naam Simran went for udaasee. The command fell in the hands of greedy politicians. They started replacing the Guru's words in their explanations.
Thank God they were but not able to replace words in the writings of the true Gurus.

Replacing the word speech (Baanee) with the printed matter is one of such examples.

Also, explaining this wonderful Vaak from Gurdev the preachers stress that one should read, learn by heart and repeat the printed matter. This is what they call Japu.

One who is blessed with true Japu experiences the true Guru's words, as they have written exactly.
Others read, learn it by heart and repeat those like in past incarnations and go on waiting for GODO to appear one day.

Please ponder. The reverend Gurus never say that Japu is reading and repeating the printed message.

Balbir Singh

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Dear Veer Balbir Ji, thankyou much for being the live example for :

eyqY jil vrsdY iqK mrih Bwg iqnw ky nwih ]
eaethai jal varasadhai thikh marehi bhag thina kae nahi ||

your statements:

Strange, many are reading it repeatedly and continue doing so.

I have heard some have got this written message from Gurdev engraved on gold or silver metal plates. Some others have studded it with precious stones. Some jewelers are planning to make pendants of it but their women are more for the ear tops. Educational theorists are suggesting layouts of children books where to print this Guru's Message. Some are learning to use weapons in case somebody raises a question and insults them showing curiosity in the original Guru's Message.
Their life is engaged now with stereotyped anayk Sabad, anayk Gurus and anayk Baanees.
It seems God is ready again for Avtaar as the true Guru.

By reading Gurdev's Message repeatedly but not experiencing it and acting on it one can become sick.

ARE YOU ACTING ON IT??????? by giving statements like
God's Hukam is active in all.

alongwith

The true Gurus are giving Updesh today also. Please do not waste life reading. Strange, many are reading it repeatedly and continue doing so.

AND DHAN DHAN SIRI GURU SAHIB SACHE PAATSHAH IS SAYING:

pIaU dwdy kw Koil ifTw Kjwnw ]
qw myrY min BieAw inDwnw ]1]
rqn lwl jw kw kCU n molu ] Bry BMfwr AKUt Aqol ]2]
Kwvih Krcih ril imil BweI ]
qoit n AwvY vDdo jweI ]3]

your words:
Gurdev in His Presence gave this Updes directly to Balbir Singh.
I humbly ask you:
AND BTW WHICH PLACE IS WITHOUT GURDEV's PRESENCE, VEER BALBIR JI??????
AND WHO IS WITHOUT GURDEV??????
WHO IS WITHOUT GURRDEV'S UPDES... WHO IS?????? KOI HAI or KOI SEE OR KOI HOEGA????????

This reminds me of the fact:

jo bRhmMfy soeI ipMfy jo KojY so pwvY ]
jo brehamanddae soee pinddae jo khojai so paavai ||
The One who pervades the Universe also dwells in the body; whoever seeks Him, finds Him there.

this must be very hard truth for those to digest who are SO SCARED of Dhan Dhan Gurbani being circulated in ALL FORMS ALL OVER THE WORLD IN EVERY LANGUAGE.....

Dhan Dhan Sache Patshah has a COPY of BRAHMAND in everyone(and it is like three dimentional) and is UPDATING all the time................ WAHEGURU'S COURT FOLLOW- NO GOD'S CHILD LEFT BEHIND THEORY............................everybody has all those copies in all those forms, unlimited count, THIS ULTIMATE TRUTH must be very painful for those who find ways to propagate against its CIRCULATION as they do know(they agree in public or not) BUT THIS IS THE ONLY FACT THAT SCARE THEM) as they know:

jh jh dyKw qh rihAw smweI ]
jah jah daykhaa tah rahi-aa samaa-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o.
[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Wherever I look, I see the Lord pervading. ||1||Pause||[/FONT]

jh dyKau qh riv rhy rKu rwKnhwrw ]
jeh dhaekho theh saarigapaan ||2||Wherever I look, I see the Lord of the World. ||2||

vwhu vwhu bwxI inrMkwr hY iqsu jyvfu Avru n koie ]
vwhu vwhu Agm AQwhu hY vwhu vwhu scw soie ]
vwhu vwhu vyprvwhu hY vwhu vwhu kry su hoie ]
vwhu vwhu AMimRq nwmu hY gurmuiK pwvY koie ]
vwhu vwhu krmI pweIAY Awip dieAw kir dyie ]
nwnk vwhu vwhu gurmuiK pweIAY Anidnu nwmu leyie ]

the fact that Bani is getting known ALL AROUND scares them that's all

Sikh80 Ji, see Waheguru Ji taught us something in this thread........ no effort goes fruitless...............................

because if even a coward hear Guru's Bachan can have chances to be saved , HOW CAN BANI HATERS TOLERATE THIS TRUTH, NO WAY.........

another question for you Balbir Veer, this time technical....

Honrable yourself is against copy paste and hard paper copies......... WHEN BANI APPEARS IN YOUR POSTS:
WHAT TECHNIQUE YOU ARE USING??? PLEASE SHARE, COMPUTER GEEKS WILL BE VERY GLAD TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SECTRET, thanks in advance.........

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Dhan ho Balbir Ji Dhan ho:

your statement:
The true Sikh blessed with Naam Simran does not go on reading repeatedly the revered Guru's Message

and

Gurdev is singing

this one is the best one..............

Guru is singing and people who are living in 'Guru being recognized by all' scare, are telling others(after recognizing that Guru 'IS' singing) dont read, dont listen, dont sing, dont copy, basically DONT LOOK, .................... and at the same time talking and preaching about the WAYS TO merge into the same GURU(and claiming that their's is the ONLY way)................. merging but stop listening and reading ............................... what kind of merger is that!!!!!!!!!!!! Guru is singing, how can one stop that, how can, it is unstopable..............................................................................how two opposites can be there at the same time!!!!!!! Guru is singing but Gurmukh dont sing, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE..........IN WHAT FORM...........!!!!!!!!

Awpy guru cylw hY Awpy Awpy dsy Gwtu ]

Awpy guru cylw hY Awpy Awpy hir pRBu coj ivfwnI ]

AND DHAN DHAN GURU SAHIB SACHE PAATSHAH IS SINGING:
GURBANI GAVO BHAI.............................................
khavo kharcho...................................

DEAR FORUM LEADERS please delete anything that you think inappropreate under forum rules from me neech's above two posts: as i been going on and on this time CAREFREE MINDED, baee guru di gal hai, it is hard for guru lovers to STOP...............................

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Surinder ji,

A whole 5 minutes! I was laughing, I was speechless. Both good results from reading your entirely logical response. Sometimes the Truth hurts. And sometimes the Truth makes us smile.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM